Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #916
pas130
DIS Veteran

Good luck ladies!!!! Let us know how u do!!! DD will be fine!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #917
pas130
DIS Veteran

Make sure you juice her with Tylenol and Motrin before anesthesia wears off completely!! Hugs. This is the dental work right??
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #918
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Ok had booked Poly for trip the end of Feb. then changed to POR for half the price. Was looking at AKL which I have always wanted to try but was afraid of the busses. I peaked at AKL with my AP discount and it's only 470 more to stay AKL. So I thought since I would be using bus service at POR too maybe this would be a good time to try AKL ?
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #919
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
Ok had booked Poly for trip the end of Feb. then changed to POR for half the price. Was looking at AKL which I have always wanted to try but was afraid of the busses. I peaked at AKL with my AP discount and it's only 470 more to stay AKL. So I thought since I would be using bus service at POR too maybe this would be a good time to try AKL ?
I think it sounds like a perfect time to try AKL!!!!

I like the bus situation at AKL better than POR, only because I do not like the internal bus stops at POR. At least at AKL, you are only stopping at Kidani.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #920
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Well, I spoke with my director today, and he was able to talk to the V.P. Basically, they are planning on meeting my requests for the most part but on a staggered basis. Our normal time to get raises is in April, and they try not to do intermittant raises in between...

What they did is give me $2k/more effective immediately and then said that I would get closer to 8-10% raise in April versus the normal 3-4% we normally get.

But, I'll take it. It's better than nothing and I'm glad I asked because at least I know the issue has been looked at and will be addressed.

And, on top of that, our company has decided to give Christmas EVE and New Years EVE off as paid holidays this year....
So now, for the 11 days total that I will have off at the end of the year, I only have to use 3 PTO days.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #921
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

I have a question about changing resorts and figured this would be the best place to ask it!

We have room only reservations for CBR for the first two days of our vacation. Now I'm thinking of changing to POP because it'll be over $100 cheaper and because the beds are going to be the same size.

If I call and change, can I move the deposit over to POP or will they have to do a refund and a new charge?

TIA!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #922
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
I have a question about changing resorts and figured this would be the best place to ask it!

We have room only reservations for CBR for the first two days of our vacation. Now I'm thinking of changing to POP because it'll be over $100 cheaper and because the beds are going to be the same size.

If I call and change, can I move the deposit over to POP or will they have to do a refund and a new charge?

TIA!
If it is a package to a package change or, a room-only to room-only, you will be able to have the deposit applied to the change.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 12-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #923
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

to our wonderful ladies. I raised my glass in tribute last night to those who have lost loved ones. Thinking of you all today.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #924
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies! I hope everyone had a decent weekend. I'll try to get back here tonight and catch up with everyone. It's just a hectic/tired/cranky weekend and Monday here

I called CRO to officially cancel my YC res for Feb, but of course the system was down and I was told to call back latter. Sigh.

Picking up the kiddos then off for another Monday afternoon of playing chauffeur

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest

Last edited by babyberger; 12-10-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #925
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Christine and Sheila, keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I would change to YC CL. I think SAB will be loads more fun than quiet pools, especially for kids. We really like CL at Yacht Club. We have stayed at both, and prefer YC. We like the dedicated floor with easy elevator access. Nice CM's, friendly atmosphere.
Lots to think about, but if you want to change you probably should do so quickly, before word get out too widely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
HI pixarmom

I chose YC CL over BWI CL for our next trip specifically for the pool. I know swimming is iffy, but my boys (like yours I'm sure) can swim no matter what the weather is like!

Strictly speaking of CL, I prefer BWI hands down. In my opinion, the lounge, CM's, and offerings are all better at BWI. However, they are still quite acceptable at YC.

Regarding the view, our SV CL room at YC was pretty much over back entrance so it had a partial view of the kiddie area of SAB along with the roof. It wasn't bad at all.

gwynne
and i heart, thanks so much for the responses! I agree and was all ready to make the switch. And then my husband and our two older boys said they all want to stick with BWI. Wow - I was surprised. But we've stayed at BC/YC a ton, and BWI just once. And they said they would pick Jackie and Pete over the pool this time. (So I sure hope Jackie and Pete are around then!) Now if you ask our youngest, he will say BC. But he will say BC under any circumstances - whether BC is one of the choices or not!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #926
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Thinking of downgrading (again...) sigh...

So ladies....

So much going on!!! Long story short...with Christmas almost upon us, I am realizing how much money we have spent (and still have to spend)...

This weekend, DH and I both had to get new tires and stuff for our cars to the tune of $1800.

Then yesterday, our washer broke....Sears man coming tomorrow, will be either a repair or replace...but regardless, it will be more money...

With all of this going on, could we still afford BC??? Yeaaah....but I am having a hard time justifying cutting into our savings for vacation. It's just not something I want to do...

Thinking POR again (for which we would already be paid in full)...or maybe AKL, which would be $450 cheaper than my BC ressie....POR would be the right thing to do though...

Thoughts??? Talk me through this one.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 12-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #927
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to say DD's procedure went well. She's home napping now.

I'll be back later to catch up with everybody.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #928
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse
Just popping in to say DD's procedure went well. She's home napping now.

I'll be back later to catch up with everybody.
Yay!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #929
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
So ladies....

So much going on!!! Long story short...with Christmas almost upon us, I am realizing how much money we have spent (and still have to spend)...

This weekend, DH and I both had to get new tires and stuff for our cars to the tune of $1800.

Then yesterday, our washer broke....Sears man coming tomorrow, will be either a repair or replace...but regardless, it will be more money...

With all of this going on, could we still afford BC??? Yeaaah....but I am having a hard time justifying cutting into our savings for vacation. It's just not something I want to do...

Thinking POR again (for which we would already be paid in full)...or maybe AKL, which would be $450 cheaper than my BC ressie....POR would be the right thing to do though...

Are there other things in your life you can cut down on like Christmas spending, eating out etc. Your vacation is a long way off. You don't have to pay it off until you check in. I would stick with BC. You can always change at the last minute if finances are tight. You may not get that BC GV room back.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #930
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
So ladies....

I completely understand...I also shelled out a lot recently...and I was even looking to switch to January...to pop or all stars....but the kiddos are jazzed up on yc cl...but to save all that money..and go back sooner...and possibly coincide with the RC trip.....ugh....ok so my thoughts would be to do Por...its very pretty there....but how much is your raise...congrats by the way!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: