Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #121
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
I will also join the Monday morning weight loss brag! ( thanks plutobaby ) I got on the scale today and lost 30 pounds since April!

30 minutes walking
75 minutes yoga

Total: 490/1000

Happy happy Monday!
Nice job Pix!! 17 down, 8 to go!!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #122
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Just wanted to start the week with a Monday morning weigh-in brag! After 11 months, I FINALLY hit the 1-teens!!!!!!

Can you tell I'm excited??!!??......
Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
I will also join the Monday morning weight loss brag! ( thanks plutobaby ) I got on the scale today and lost 30 pounds since April!

30 minutes walking
75 minutes yoga

Total: 490/1000

Happy happy Monday!
To both of you!!!

I'm having a bittersweet morning. I TOO can "brag" that I am a half pound away from breaking through the plateau I've been at since SEPTEMBER..... I was SO excited this morning on the scale I did a little high five dance with DH.

Sadly, I'm worried that it is muscle loss since I am still not really running. I called for my MRI and the assistant told me that the insurance will probably not approve it until I've had more PT. It's a long sob story about what will happen if I have to wait longer (it's already been a month since the injury). Long story short: I'm now in the position that I have to choose between risking an injury to my foot by running on a possible fracture (which could sideline me totally) or not running and then losing a lot of function of my leg completely by letting my quad and knee muscles atrophy (which happens for me rapidly due to a medical condition). I think i'm going to try to go as long as possible between short runs and only run when I absolutely can't stand the knee weakness (which is about 6 days but gets shorter the less muscle mass I have) and also cross my fingers that my orthopedic surgeon can work some MRI approval magic.

I did 15 minutes of PT and core work last night so.... now I'm at 190/800.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #123
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Migraine all weekend, got ten minutes in, a short workout all over pilates video. 40/600.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #124
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
To both of you!!!

I'm having a bittersweet morning. I TOO can "brag" that I am a half pound away from breaking through the plateau I've been at since SEPTEMBER..... I was SO excited this morning on the scale I did a little high five dance with DH.

Sadly, I'm worried that it is muscle loss since I am still not really running. I called for my MRI and the assistant told me that the insurance will probably not approve it until I've had more PT. It's a long sob story about what will happen if I have to wait longer (it's already been a month since the injury). Long story short: I'm now in the position that I have to choose between risking an injury to my foot by running on a possible fracture (which could sideline me totally) or not running and then losing a lot of function of my leg completely by letting my quad and knee muscles atrophy (which happens for me rapidly due to a medical condition). I think i'm going to try to go as long as possible between short runs and only run when I absolutely can't stand the knee weakness (which is about 6 days but gets shorter the less muscle mass I have) and also cross my fingers that my orthopedic surgeon can work some MRI approval magic.

Can you do weight lifting exercises for your quads? extensions, squats, etc...?

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #125
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Can you do weight lifting exercises for your quads? extensions, squats, etc...?
Yup, that's what I have been doing. I used to do them every day before I was able to run again (last year), and then I would do them every other or every three when I was training for the W&D. Now my evening PT fun consists of:

Squats, leg extensions, leg lifts, hamstring curls, side leg lifts, one legged squats (I'm skipping most of the plyometric type exercises I usually do), a bunch of ballet barre type of exercises, ankle rolls, and resistance band work for my ankle, and a bunch of arm free weights, pushups, neck stretches and core work. The only plus to this is that I can do this all anywhere and mostly fit it in while brushing my teeth (and nagging my son to get ready for bed) and watching tv! lol

But I miss the endorphins I'd get from running - no wonder I've been grinchy this christmas! The few runs I've done, I add some arm weights and movements during the walking segments to try to keep my heartrate up and that makes me feel a little better.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Old 12-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #126
disneymom2one
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

Today:

Run: 75 minutes
Walk: 37 minutes

Total: 112 minutes

Monthly Total:

1238/1800

---living in paradise and vacationing with the Mouse

--- DVC members - OKW

disneymom2one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #127
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Is it too late to join? I'd love to try for 1000 this month. As of today I'm up to 226/1000. I hope it's not too late!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #128
JillianSam
Earning My Ears

Hi as of today I'm at 30/1000

I know I'm lame but works been really busy, and I'm a server so I count that as exercise. Lol, but i do want my 1000 minutes on here to be separate dedicated exercise time.
JillianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #129
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

So many folks doing so great!

Today: 5 minute walk
38 Minutes elliptical'

Total 238/750

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #130
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

You betcha that counts. I'd fall over to add more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianSam View Post
Hi as of today I'm at 30/1000

I know I'm lame but works been really busy, and I'm a server so I count that as exercise. Lol, but i do want my 1000 minutes on here to be separate dedicated exercise time.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #131
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Not doing so well on the weight-loss train. . .treats at work plus testing time makes for lots of stress eating on my part! Gotta get back dedicated to that part!

I am sort of sticking to my exercising, though. . .

210/800 for me!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #132
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

45 minutes tonight of strength training and core work.... Added some reps and some weight to some of the moves too!

235/800 for the month!!!

Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #133
glss1/2fll
DIS Veteran

Updated!

Welcome to our newest members and howdy to those popping in to say hello! Be sure to check out our lovely colors in the first post.

Thank goodness for map my walk because I'd forgotten to record my minutes! I just popped on there then back over to my spreadsheet. whew! They were pretty much all walking. One of these days (and what's wrong with today? I ask you!) I'll need to do a better job with my strength training.

Keep on moving!

ETA--only updated through post 131--don't want anybody to think I'd forgotten them
Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #134
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

60 min elliptical

606/1500
Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 AM   #135
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
To both of you!!!

Hang in there. I was chronically injured last year and spent way too much time in physical therapy. I did not run at all or do anything that put weight on my foot from about a week before Halloween until Christmas. It was mentally very tough. I know we have different medical conditions, but at the time I was dealing with injuries that were just healing very slowly due to malnutrition. It took a long time after I stopped eating gluten for my body to fix things. I had multiple injuries in the same foot. It was pretty bad.

Do you have any access to a pool? I found pool running to be a great substitute for running. I kept the cardio up well enough that despite ~10 weeks with no running, I was able to complete the Princess half marathon only a few minutes slower than the year before, so I was pretty happy.

I can't remember exactly what was going on with your foot, but I seem to remember something going on the outside? Has your pt said anything about kt tape? It helped so much with my recovery. I had a bad sprain that swelled all the time, plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, and tendonitis around the sprain. I had a lump below my ankle that never went away. Anyhow, even after I could run again, I wore kt tape for a couple of months. I also highly recommend the tree poses with movement if you are not doing them. Really strengthened things back up.

I honestly believed I would never run again without pain in that ankle. The sprain happened in May and I ran on it and ignored it for months. (yes, very bad choice). I also had a fat pad injury in my heel. I thought I was stuck with foot pain for good. And while it is not perfect now, it is definitely manageable.

Sorry, for the book. Hang in there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: