Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
Lizzybear
You fool! You gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!
I'm the main holiday initiator/planner which is how I like it!

Ian and Nancy's First Trip (Pre-trip)

Hi all! I haven't been around for a while but have been a member for a while so some of you might remember me from my past trip reports The cast has changed since then though so i'll start with introductions:

Me/Liz: (or Lizzy) I'm 28 and a huge Disney fan. This will be my 5th trip to WDW but i've also been to DLP 7 times and DLR once. I've had a few years off from 'big' holidays so i'm really excited to be going back to WDW with my little family

OH/Ian: He's 27 and this will be his first Disney trip. He's been to New York a few times and loves the US so is looking forward to going to Florida. He's a big film buff, Disney included, and also likes watching the wrestling so is hoping to catch some whilst in Florida

Me and OH (looking less beardy than usual!) at Blackpool Tower last month

DD/Nancy: She was born 19/12/11 so is coming up to 11 months old at the time of writing this but will be 17 months when we go to WDW. She loves Disney Junior already especially Jake and the neverland pirates, Mickey mouse clubhouse and Special agent oso. She's also the best person I know and I can't wait to take her to WDW

DD a couple of weeks ago

Our dates are 9th-23rd May 2013 and we're staying offsite in a villa, just deciding which one at the moment! We're taking a relaxed approach to this trip with DD still being fairly young and figured we'd appreciate the extra space and our own pool for downtime as we plan to have a fair few non park days. For now we're planning on just visiting WDW and Seaworld as far as the parks go and will more than likely save Universal/IOA for a future trip. We'd also like to visit Celebration, play a few games of mini golf, visit a beach and do a spot of shopping on our rest days. I've always done very 'park intense' trips in the past so it'll be a nice change to take it a bit easier!
We're flying with Thomson on the new dreamliner, purely because they beat Virgin for price and we were pretty set on having direct flights with a toddler to think about (the savings I could find weren't enough to swing it for us this time!) We've chosen not to buy DD her own seat which could either be a brilliant way to save money or the worst idea ever! At the moment she's a pretty laid back baby so fingers crossed she won't turn into a demonic toddler before May I'm doing as much research as I can for flying longhaul and visiting Orlando/WDW with a toddler as I want us to be as prepared as we can be Any tips are very welcome by the way
DLP Day trip 1992, School trip 1997, Day trip 2000, Magic Circus 2003, Cheyenne 2006, Sequoia Lodge 2007 and Santa Fe 2010. WDW Ramada Resort I-Drive 2002, Sheraton Studio City 2005, POFQ 2007 and CSR 2009. DLR Fairfield Inn 2008.

Last edited by Lizzybear; 11-10-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Lizzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Great start!

Is that a Ariel tattoo I spy? Love it.

Nancys a real cutie.

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans x
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to reading along and counting down to our DS Will's first trip! We'll be there 4th - 21st May and our DS will be almost 15 months I can't wait! Nancy is absolutely beautiful Like you I'm also researching everything I can about travel with an infant and we didn't buy Will his own seat so I'm hopeful that that wasn't a mistake

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Fabulous cant wait to read more about your plans and my how busy you have been while away from the boards she is adorable
Old 11-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
kieras nana
DIS Veteran

OMG,how things change.it doesn't seem 2 minutes,since i sat enjoying your trip reports & here you are,with a lovely new family
your daughter,is absolutely gorgeous,you must be so proud.i am really looking forward,to your trip report.
tracy x
kieras nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Your DD is too cute, doesn't time fly!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
jen_uk
Eurovision Nut !!

Looking forward to reading more

My dis buddy is Carolfoy
jen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Your DD is so cute.....I may go in May 2013 too so we may be there at the same time!. We have taken our kids to WDW since they were 10 mths and always travelled really well, hopefully you DD will do the same !
Old 12-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #9
poohspals
Mouseketeer

My daughters were both under 2 when they visited WDW for the first time and we all loved every minute of it - the fact that they also remembered bits the next time we went just proved you are never too young to visit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: