Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #751
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Miniland is so cool. I think I could spend hours looking in that area.
Me too! I was completely fascinated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Legoland looks like it would go over big with my DH and DS! I guess we will have no choice but to go someday. I wonder if the one in FL is similar.
I do believe it is - I haven't done a ton of research on the FL one, but from what I have glanced at, it is. There are often coupons for that one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Lots of great pictures! That Mini Land is amazing! Are those little legos glued down? It looks like if a wind came through that all the little people "walking" around would fall over.
Love the World of Color pictures too! I so really want to experience that in my lifetime
Yes, I believe they are glued down, perhaps even nailed down somehow? It's amazing how much detail and work goes into it all!

World of Color is FANTASTIC. I would love to see some sort of version of it at WDW too (there have been rumors, but we'll see!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I love the bathroom sign

Geoff was looking over my shoulder when I was on the Star Wars pictures. He said, "did someone recreate Hoth in their backyard?!" No. Not quite.

And I can confirm that the Fairfield is a good choice!
I know, isn't that hilarious?! I thought it was so cute.

That's so funny about Geoff!!!!! Was he ready to buy a ticket to visit that person's backyard???!

I think we will try the Fairfield next time, if we don't get a great deal on a Disney hotel/have DVC points. I love the location!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Great pics! I can confirm that the Hojos is a great place to stay!
I want to stay there too! LOL I need many trips to Disneyland...! When Henry is a bit older and into the water parks, we will have to try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Wow, Lego Land looks like a lot of fun! All those displays are amazing.

Fairfield Inn, that sounds familiar...I think that might be where we stayed the two times we went. It was so easy to get to the parks (but really, there are a ton of "offsite" places that are so close to DLR).

Cool pictures of World of Color.
The Fairfield is basically right across the street from Disneyland, so I wouldn't doubt it! It's one of the closest. Are you guys planning a return trip anytime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Awesome day!! You finally got around to the areas I remember. The red-orange dragon ride!!!! My DH and DD did that ride. DS was too short by an inch and they stick to their guns on height restrictions as well as Disney. I was, of course, sitting in a wheelchair with my ankle in a boot doing nothing. That dragon ride has different level of torture (oh, I mean speed). DH did the gentle cycle with DD but I know he wanted to go all out. I was watching some other adults and they really got whipped around pretty good.

Mimi's was great for breakfast. We headed there when we stayed at the HoJos in 2008. We have a Mimi's not far from our house. Love the Cobb Salad! It is my go-to each time I go there.

And I can totally attest to the Howard Johnson's being a great place to stay for those who don't want to spend the $$$ to stay on property. It's a short walk and we had a wonderful, clean room. They were redoing the pool area the year we were there (for the splash/water park) so we only could use the quiet pool, but even that was really nice.

You guys had quite the long day at Legoland. Henry did really well hanging in there all day waiting to shop!! It helps to have the places the kids can build and play to break up the day a bit.
I didn't know that about the Dragon ride! How fun!! If/when we go back, I'll have to try it.

Another vote for the HOJO! Glad to hear it!! I'd like to try a few of the offsite resorts someday.

Henry did do really well with everything - he was begging ALL DAY LONG, but overall was good! He forgot about the shopping for bits and pieces and I was grateful for the play zones that helped him feed his need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Holy Mega Updates. I have decided not to even try to read until I can see pictures. In fact, I wasn't even going to look until I could see pictures because its such a tease. Can't wait!
Lots of pictures in this one! Come back soon!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #752
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Mini land looks so cool! Definitely the most impressive thing about Lego Land! Although not sure seeing Miniland is worth the price of admission lol. I will just wait til I have a little someone to bring with me. Legoland kinda reminds me of one of the smaller amusement parks we have up in NH.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #753
MEK
DIS Veteran

I just saw every picture and I am completely caught up! WOW! Legoland is seriously cool. I had NO idea. I just am blown away by the amount of work that went into that park. And miniland is just amazing. Thank you for all the wonderful pictures.

Isn't there a Legoland in Florida?

The ticket price does seem a little steep as does the price of food. But what an enjoyable day, especially for a little boy who LOVES legos. Where was Henry when I finally gave away all my kids lego sets? I admire people who have the patience to put them together.

Watching World of Color from the hotel window - smart.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #754
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

LegoLand looks so cool! I enjoyed looking at each and every one of your pictures especially the ones of MiniLand. Oh and the one of Henry in the police car was so cute. He looked like he was racing off to find the bad guy.

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #756
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Mini land looks so cool! Definitely the most impressive thing about Lego Land! Although not sure seeing Miniland is worth the price of admission lol. I will just wait til I have a little someone to bring with me. Legoland kinda reminds me of one of the smaller amusement parks we have up in NH.
Ya, I don't think Legoland is worth the price of admission for just adults. With a child - definitely worth it.... especially with a coupon.

I do agree that parts of it seem like a smaller amusement park you could find somewhere - it's like that, but plussed a bit with the decor and a few bigger rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I just saw every picture and I am completely caught up! WOW! Legoland is seriously cool. I had NO idea. I just am blown away by the amount of work that went into that park. And miniland is just amazing. Thank you for all the wonderful pictures.

Isn't there a Legoland in Florida?

The ticket price does seem a little steep as does the price of food. But what an enjoyable day, especially for a little boy who LOVES legos. Where was Henry when I finally gave away all my kids lego sets? I admire people who have the patience to put them together.

Watching World of Color from the hotel window - smart.
Your welcome! Legoland was pretty fun! The giant builds all over the park were definitely impressive.

Yes! There is a Legoland in Florida now. I hope to visit within the next couple years while Henry is still young enough to enjoy it and a Lego freak!

I actually enjoy putting the sets together, but I don't like to just build random stuff - which Joe and Henry do. We just got Henry a HUGE one for Christmas, it will take DAYS to do! I kinda look forward to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
LegoLand looks so cool! I enjoyed looking at each and every one of your pictures especially the ones of MiniLand. Oh and the one of Henry in the police car was so cute. He looked like he was racing off to find the bad guy.
He WAS racing off to find the bad guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
WOW!!!

Mini-land is SO incredibly cool, I had no idea. I'd have spent hours there.

Great update and what a fun idea to watch WOC from up on high!
I could have spent hours there as well! It was pretty awesome, the detail was impressive!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #757
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Wrapping up the "Must Do" List

Well, it was our last day in Disneyland.

Our trip was coming to an end.

But, no tears yet!! We had a full day in front of us, and today's agenda was to park hop and cover all the things we hadn't yet that was on our "Must Do" list - mainly things that were either unique to Disneyland, or very different.

We were up bright and early again, but this time to pack up our bags and move resorts! We would be spending our last night at the Grand Californian in a Studio Villa. We tried to get more nights using our DVC; however, it just wasn't happening. There aren't many villas at the Grand Californian to begin with and due to the last minute nature of our trip, the villas were pretty much full. I'm glad we got in the last night though, just to experience it.

We packed up and checked-in at the GCV, and learned we had to move our car. However, several of the CMs didn't exactly know where to park. Which was odd. Finally we got a solid word from Bell Services on where to go. So...back to the Paradise Pier parking ramp, and we literally had to move it about 12 feet, into a regular lot (versus a ramp). The valet is directly under the hotel, but the self-parking lot is across the street, actually closer to the Paradise Pier! When we got to the lot we had some issues getting INTO the lot because the bar wouldn't raise...so we sat there and waited, not knowing what to do...then it suddenly worked. Who knows! We were in!

Finally parked, we made our way to the Disneyland gates!

Walking down Main Street USA

Looking back at the train station

I wanted to get back here later in the day!

It still was odd to not see a HUGE castle at this view...

So pretty!!!

We walked to the right of the Castle, past Tomorrowland and the Matterhorn (under construction)

We went right back to Fantasyland to cover a few things we had missed!

First up:

This ride is both indoors and outdoors. Henry was NOT too thrilled with going on this first - remember, he was scared of most every dark ride this trip. But, he braved it.

It was a cute ride! We ALL enjoyed it, even Henry - he got over the darkness once we were inside.

Next up...

it's a small world!!!!

Since we were there in January it still had the holiday overlay. I was really looking forward to seeing this!

I have to get busy with work...so hold tight and we'll soon enter into a little holiday world!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #758
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Just stopping in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

It still was odd to not see a HUGE castle at this view...
Where is the castle? I can't see it!

Weird that the CMs didn't know where you should park. Is it because not a lot of people have cars while staying there?

The Alice ride looks really cool!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #759
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

It's amazing all that can be done with Lego's. My DH is passing on his Castle Lego set on to our DS this year for Christmas. It's actually a set my DH was given when we was 6 years old so it's going to be fun to pass it on. Still working on DH to get us to Legoland this year. I'd really love to go again and so would the kids!!

Yeah for being back in Disneyland!! We love the It's a Small World Holiday!! It's always a must ride almost every day of every trip for my DD. It's her favorite ride to the Matterhorn. Which sadly she can no longer ride due to them increasing the height requirement. Poor girl still doesn't get why she's not going to get to ride it in 24 short days!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #760
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
[COLOR="DarkGreen"C]
We walked right onto the Beetle Bounce and Henry wanted to ride with me, Joe sat this one out.

[/COLOR]
I love this picture... just look at your expression and that of the kiddos (including Henry) -they are all mellow... but you aren't so much... That's the way I feel on Splash Mountain... (even though I do it...)

It's funny when I'm looking through your LL photos... objectively It really is quite a good park... especially for Lego Lovers... if you didn't have Disney to compare it to... It would probably even be a great park...It does look like Henry had an awesome time... (David loved it 3 years ago)

But all of the Disney Lovers out there... (myself included) are spoiled... and Disney raises the park really high...

I'm hoping that you took pictures in the CGVilla... (Did you try for ressies at the 7 month mark? ) I may have missed it earlier but did you hear that the Disneyland Hotel is adding DVCs too? (they must have a higher demand than they're able to meet with the current GC ...

I really think that Disneyland is awesome in its own right... so similar to the Magic Kingdom but different too...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #761
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

It's funny to see Main St. in DL vs. WDW, I guess it's been too long sine I've been to DL to remember it looking that way. When I think of Main St. now, I think of WDW's Main St.

I love seeing all the pictures of DL, it's been over 10 years since I've been back there and I wish I could find a way to get there again. When you price it out it's almost as expensive as going to WDW! So then I find myself planning a trip to WDW instead! I'll have to take a look at it again some time soon to see what I think.

One thing I see in the pictures of DL is all the stands with big lights for some sort of show they must put on at night. I don't like seeing those, I know the park is much smaller so less places to put those sorts of things, but still. Takes away from the magic IMO, it may just be the pictures and when you are there you just don't notice it as much.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #762
disneyjes
Earning My Ears

Hello! I just finished your marriage trip report (couldn't comment there!) and I am about to start this one! Absolutely loved reading that report! And thanks to you I am craving a chocolate croissant LOL!

Thanks for sharing!

disneyjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #763
MEK
DIS Veteran

So, I have my new computer at work today and I am able to access photobucket and see the pictures. But I can't see yours. Do you use photobucket or someone else? Just curious. Maybe I just didn't wait long enough for them to load, but evening seeing partial pictures here today is awesome. Really curious about your "must do's"

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #764
MEK
DIS Veteran

Never mind - figured out that it was smug mug! Oh well, I'll check back later when I'm home!

Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #765
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Miniland looks AWESOME.

GCV is wonderful isn't it????
I really am enjoying reliving DL.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: