Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #1051
danijake
Vegan Cupcake Baker Extraordinaire!

VEGANS:
What are your favorite restaurants at WDW?

DL Sept. 2013 (Off-Site) . WDW Jan. 2012 (Pop Century) . WDW Dec. 2008 (Off-Site) . WDW Oct. 2005 (Pop Century) . WDW Nov. 1990 (Off-Site)
danijake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #1052
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran

My favourites are:

Sanaa

Tusker House

Jiko

I have also had some excellent vegan meals at The Rose and Crown, Kouzzina, Narcoosee's, Boma, Kona Cafe, and California Grill.

TP
Teresa Pitman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #1053
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijake View Post
VEGANS:
Kouzzina for dinner, definitely!!! They came out and went over the menu with me, and put together a FANTASTIC meal of appetizers and side dishes. Teppan Edo was fantastic too. Let them know before you are seated, and they will make your food first. I was told the noodles contain egg, but you can substitute rice.

I'm trying 'Ohana on our trip in January, and hoping against hope to get in to Be Our Guest. I'll update when we return.

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #1054
rani8600
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijake View Post
VEGANS:
My favorite hands down is Sanaa (I haven’t eaten at jiko yet). I had such amazing food there and it was so nice to be give a vegan menu (with more than one item on it) and order anything I wanted.

A Fall Trip full of firsts, MNSSHP and Food and Wine Oct 2011
13.1 Royal Miles-2013 Princess Half Marathon

VeganRamblings my blog - includes additional trip reports
rani8600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #1055
danijake
Vegan Cupcake Baker Extraordinaire!

I really need to try some of these restaurants!! I usually only eat at the parks.

DL Sept. 2013 (Off-Site) . WDW Jan. 2012 (Pop Century) . WDW Dec. 2008 (Off-Site) . WDW Oct. 2005 (Pop Century) . WDW Nov. 1990 (Off-Site)
danijake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #1056
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

Where should a gluten-free vegan eat at Hollywood Studios? I'm looking for counter service lunch, not table service. We have dinner plans at 'Ohana, but I'll need something midday too. I can bring in my own food, but if there is something good I'd rather buy food there. Thanks!

While I'm at it, what are some good counter service places for gluten-free vegan dining at MK and Epcot? It is always good to have a list going in, so I'm not scrambling to find something! Thanks!

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #1057
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy drew View Post
Where should a gluten-free vegan eat at Hollywood Studios? I'm looking for counter service lunch, not table service. We have dinner plans at 'Ohana, but I'll need something midday too. I can bring in my own food, but if there is something good I'd rather buy food there. Thanks!

While I'm at it, what are some good counter service places for gluten-free vegan dining at MK and Epcot? It is always good to have a list going in, so I'm not scrambling to find something! Thanks!
I find HS the hardest park to eat in, and I am just vegan, not gluten-free. I usually end up with a veggie sandwich or a salad.

At Epcot, I'd suggest the Tangierine (not sure of the spelling) Cafe in Morocco. They have several dishes that are vegan (or can be made vegan) and I think some of them should be gluten-free - lentils, hummus, etc.

I haven't tried the new Mexico counter service, but at the old one I used to be able to get black beans on rice with salsa and it was quite tasty.

In MK, the chili at Columbia Harbor House is good and should be gluten-free.

TP
Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #1058
ls15
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy drew View Post

Hey nancy drew, I hear you! I carry a notebook with me everywhere in Disney. (I have celiac and I'm a vegan). Check out my blog - I go for a couple weeks at a time and outline in detail where I eat safely and deliciously. I've also already planned my February trip and can tell you my plans if you are interested! When are you going? I'd love to hear about your trip and how it worked out when you get back!

1993 - Port Orleans (which is now POFQ) with parents, sister
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside with mom (did Princess 1/2 Marathon)
2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter with mom (did Princess 1/2 Marathon)
2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter with mom (doing Princess 1/2 Marathon)

Feel free to ask questions about dining with celiac, dairy/soy/egg allergies, and eating vegan, as well as getting around in a wheelchair with MS.

Read a detailed play-by-play about our trip, including all of the food for our allergens, celiac, and veganism at my blog.
ls15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #1059
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran

Lisa, I love your blog! Great information there!! I am from Guelph, Ontario so not too far away - also vegan (although not gluten-free), and also a lover of Disney!

TP
Old 12-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #1060
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to share this picture! The stone pie at the Rose and Crown in EPCOT's UK pavilion didn't sound tempting to me, so I asked if they'd make me egg and chips. They said yes, and the plate came out adorable.

ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #1061
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
I just wanted to share this picture! The stone pie at the Rose and Crown in EPCOT's UK pavilion didn't sound tempting to me, so I asked if they'd make me egg and chips. They said yes, and the plate came out adorable.
Yum! How did you think to ask for that?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #1062
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Yum! How did you think to ask for that?
I remembered that some of the places that served fish and chips when I was in London years ago also served egg and chips.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #1063
cherylp3
Florida Resident

Nancy: I had the salad at Backlot express. For MK: Be our guest has a quinoa salad
For Epcot: I'd suggest sunshine seasons, they may still have tofu. They sometimes have silk yogurt

LS15: can you post your blog link or PM to me? i live 15 min away. I am vegan and my tummy sometimes tolerates gluten.

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #1064
ls15
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylp3 View Post
Nancy: I had the salad at Backlot express. For MK: Be our guest has a quinoa salad
For Epcot: I'd suggest sunshine seasons, they may still have tofu. They sometimes have silk yogurt

LS15: can you post your blog link or PM to me? i live 15 min away. I am vegan and my tummy sometimes tolerates gluten.
It is in my signature

1993 - Port Orleans (which is now POFQ) with parents, sister
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside with mom (did Princess 1/2 Marathon)
2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter with mom (did Princess 1/2 Marathon)
2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter with mom (doing Princess 1/2 Marathon)

Feel free to ask questions about dining with celiac, dairy/soy/egg allergies, and eating vegan, as well as getting around in a wheelchair with MS.

Read a detailed play-by-play about our trip, including all of the food for our allergens, celiac, and veganism at my blog.
ls15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #1065
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls15

It is in my signature
It cuts off right before the link, for me, actually.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: