Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Montegut
Mouseketeer

Tell me about the Garden Wing at the Contemporary

Since I've gotten a lot of tips that the Garden Wing would be a more economical way for us to stay at the Contemporary, for our family trip of three Pooh size adults, I wanted to learn more about this wing of the Contemporary.

Are there laundry facilities, vending machines, maid service, elevators, dining locations, sundry shops?

Husband and I stayed in the tower for our anniversary trip, and we didn't explore all of the tower, but wondering if there are things in both, or that are only in the Garden Wing, and not necessarily in the tower. What pool do guests in the Garden Wing use?

Also, if you're in the Garden Wing, is there a certain time that you can't access the Tower, for dining, monorail access? Like, do they lock the door at a certain time of night?

I'm assuming meal plan, Magic Express, EMH, and other Disney perks would be included in a stay there.

Thanks for any info. I know I can read a book or look online, but would like to get some inside info as well.

Thanks!
Montegut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
searlproudbottom
DIS Veteran

Check out this link on the Contemporary Resort Garden Wing.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/new...-things-coming
searlproudbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

We have done the tower and garden wing and honestly we think we liked the Garden Wing better. You can access the Tower Building at all times. The pool is the same but from our Garden Wing room we were right by the pool which was so nice! We never had to wait for the elevators to get to our room. The shops and stuff are in the Tower but it is really close by and we would stay there again in a heartbeat!! The rooms looked identical in both places.
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #4
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

We love the Garden Wing rooms as well.

There may be some vending out there, but we didn't use it as I remember. It is a quick and easy walk into the main building and actually easier access to the pool and boats.

The rooms are beautiful. We had a "garden view" and our view was lush and so relaxing. We were on first floor so we had a patio.

Enjoy!
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp, 14-AOA/BCV/OKW,
14-CBR
hmillerbarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
beccasmom
DIS Veteran

The garden wing is very nice and we always actually preferred it because it was a quieter atmosphere. Some of the rooms can be a bit of a walk to the tower -- the wing is larger than it would appear! But you are close to the marina and pool and many rooms have lovely lake or garden views.

beccasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
dISNEYlOveer
Disney World Veteran but Earning my Ears on dis boards

We have stayed at Contemporary Garden Wing a few years ago. You can access the tower at all times. Meal plan, Magic Express, EMH, and other Disney perks are included. You use the same pool as guests from the tower and from Bay Lake Tower. Shops are in the main building. There are elevators in the garden wing buildings, I dont remember about vending machines. The only thing I didnt like about the Garden Wing is that the walk to the main building for monorail, dining, bus, etc. is a little far though... Hope I helped.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
ctseaton
Mouseketeer

There are vending machines and laundry facilities in the Garden Wing.
ctseaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montegut View Post
Since I've gotten a lot of tips that the Garden Wing would be a more economical way for us to stay at the Contemporary, for our family trip of three Pooh size adults, I wanted to learn more about this wing of the Contemporary.

Are there laundry facilities, vending machines, maid service, elevators, dining locations, sundry shops?

Husband and I stayed in the tower for our anniversary trip, and we didn't explore all of the tower, but wondering if there are things in both, or that are only in the Garden Wing, and not necessarily in the tower. What pool do guests in the Garden Wing use?

Also, if you're in the Garden Wing, is there a certain time that you can't access the Tower, for dining, monorail access? Like, do they lock the door at a certain time of night?

I'm assuming meal plan, Magic Express, EMH, and other Disney perks would be included in a stay there.

Thanks for any info. I know I can read a book or look online, but would like to get some inside info as well.

Thanks!
You will have all the same services as the tower or any other WDW resort has, maid service, DDP, ME, EMH etc. You are at the CR, room location doesn't make a difference in services.

You will have to go to the Tower for dining & shops, transportation, etc. But you will be closer to the pools I think. And the boat to WL & FW.

Some rooms are closer to the tower then others. We haven't stayed at CR, but have taken the boat over numerous times from WL during several stays there, and the boat dock is at the back of the resort, past the garden wing, and I didn't feel that walk is over long to the tower. It's all relative I guess as to what people think is long.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: