Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
2ndcruiser
Earning My Ears

Boardwalk Luna Park Pool refurbishment?

Hi everyone. I am staying at the Boardwalk Inn the first few days of February. This site says that the Luna Park Pool is closed at the end of January thru mid-March for refurbishment. I called the Disney travel company to confirm and they said it is not closed during this time. Can anyone clarify for me where that information on here was received? I ask because if it is indeed closed I want to change to a different resort. We stayed at Caribbean Beach a few years ago and when we showed up the main pool was closed. Info that would be nice to know when you make your reservation. My family was quite upset about this unexpected development and I don't want to have that happen again, especially considering what we are paying to stay there! Thanks for the help!
2ndcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndcruiser View Post
Hi everyone. I am staying at the Boardwalk Inn the first few days of February. This site says that the Luna Park Pool is closed at the end of January thru mid-March for refurbishment. I called the Disney travel company to confirm and they said it is not closed during this time. Can anyone clarify for me where that information on here was received? I ask because if it is indeed closed I want to change to a different resort. We stayed at Caribbean Beach a few years ago and when we showed up the main pool was closed. Info that would be nice to know when you make your reservation. My family was quite upset about this unexpected development and I don't want to have that happen again, especially considering what we are paying to stay there! Thanks for the help!
I would put much more stock in the various Disney Web sites that are reporting this refurb rather than the Disney call center. The call center is notorious for giving out blatantly wrong info.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
2ndcruiser
Earning My Ears

Before your reply I called the hotel as well and the 2 people I spoke to there also said no scheduled maintenance coming. Does the point about wrong info also apply to the resorts? I can see that because they probably don't want everyone bailing on their reservations.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
2ndcruiser
Earning My Ears

So I called back to the hotel, at first was told again that their is no scheduled maintenance, but then they checked specifically the main pool and wouldn't you know it...closed Jan 2 thru mid-March. Thanks for the help and input...reservation has been changed to Beachclub!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Before your reply I called the hotel as well and the 2 people I spoke to there also said no scheduled maintenance coming. Does the point about wrong info also apply to the resorts? I can see that because they probably don't want everyone bailing on their reservations.
When you call the Disney hotel numbers, you're really just speaking to someone on the general Disney line, even if you're on property.
Chances are those staying at the Boardwalk during the refurb will be allowed to swim at Stormalong Bay at the Yacht Club/ Beach Club.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
Sue M
DIS Veteran

You'll love BC and SAB is much nicer IMO. I have heard that last time they closed Luna Park, BWI guests were allowed to use SAB, and the resort shuttled you over if you didn't want to walk. But much more convenient to be staying at BC
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
You'll love BC and SAB is much nicer IMO. I have heard that last time they closed Luna Park, BWI guests were allowed to use SAB, and the resort shuttled you over if you didn't want to walk. But much more convenient to be staying at BC
Hi Sue!

Just wanted to add that we're staying BWI CL in January, and as soon as I read that Luna Park would be closed during our stay, I contacted IPO for confirmation. They confirmed that Luna Park will be closed and that, at this time, the only alternatives they are offering are the BWI quiet pools. I wrote back to ask about access to SAB (based on previous experience with pool closures) and they said that the two BWI quiet pools are the only option at this point. I certainly hope they decide to change that before the closure.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

So, between the Luna Park Pool refurbishment and the Boardwalk Bakery refurb (not sure of the timing on that), it's going to be noisy on both the BWI and BWV sides don't you think?

We have an early March ressie and I'm thinking that changing to a different resort might be best for us. I wish the website worked so I could see what is available. When I booked, there were only club level rooms available at BC, so I went with a standard at BWI. I really want an Epcot resort.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
So, between the Luna Park Pool refurbishment and the Boardwalk Bakery refurb (not sure of the timing on that), it's going to be noisy on both the BWI and BWV sides don't you think?

We have an early March ressie and I'm thinking that changing to a different resort might be best for us. I wish the website worked so I could see what is available. When I booked, there were only club level rooms available at BC, so I went with a standard at BWI. I really want an Epcot resort.
Pool rehab only goes until March 1. Your reservation should be fine.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 12-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
disneyobessed
DIS Veteran

ugh oh....... When is the bakery refurb..? Im going to be at the BWV and I hope it isnt then.. Ill kick myself because I really wanted BCV but my husband made me book BWV for a change!

MeDHDSDS
DD Mia
disneyobessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
disneyobessed
DIS Veteran

oops.. forgot to mention we are going in April 2013

MeDHDSDS
DD Mia
disneyobessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #12
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyobessed View Post
ugh oh....... When is the bakery refurb..? Im going to be at the BWV and I hope it isnt then.. Ill kick myself because I really wanted BCV but my husband made me book BWV for a change!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyobessed View Post
oops.. forgot to mention we are going in April 2013
The Bakery refurb is Jan. 2- mid-April. So depending when in April you're going, it might be open again. If it's not, they are planning to have alternatives available for guests. I'm staying there in late-January and wouldn't dream of changing my resort because of this.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #13
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Pool rehab only goes until March 1. Your reservation should be fine.
Well, that's a ray of sunshine Missyrose! Others are posting that it is through mid-March. Thanks!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #14
natebenma
DIS Veteran

to my helpful friends that I see posting over on this thread!

Quote:
So I called back to the hotel, at first was told again that their is no scheduled maintenance, but then they checked specifically the main pool and wouldn't you know it...closed Jan 2 thru mid-March. Thanks for the help and input...reservation has been changed to Beachclub!
Since you have changed your reservation, I would like to give you an invitation to visit us over on the Beach Club/Yacht Club FAQ board. There's lots of info and pictures on the first page of the thread. Many expert posters hang out there if you have any questions about the resort.

You can click on the link in my signature to get to the forum. Hope to see you there!

Dee
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: