Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #856
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
Ok, I have to ask, how did you get everyone to Ohana? My wife and I are looking at doing our VR at the S/D around sunset and then going to Ohana right after for dinner. I haven't been to wdw in 16 years and DW hasn't been since she was like a year old so neither of us have any idea what we're doing when it comes to navigating transportation.

Edit: I also just asked to join the swalphins group on Facebook.
We had enough guests with cars that we carpooled. Most of my guests stayed off site and drove in for the wedding.

My Wedding Planning Journal

June, 2014 - AoA / RP @ US June, 2012 - My Swan Wedding / BC-CL
Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino
Dec 2005 - Poly May 2005 - WL/Poly Oct 2004 - Poly Feb 2003 - CS Oct 2002 - AKL

2dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #857
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
We had enough guests with cars that we carpooled. Most of my guests stayed off site and drove in for the wedding.
That makes sense. Most of my guests are coming from out of town and are flying in so not too many cars will be available.
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #858
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

Has anyone been married at Lakeside Terrace? I've seen 1 picture of it set up for a wedding but I haven't seen anyone (other than that pic) getting married there. I was wondering if there was a reason why? It looks so pretty from what I can see.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #859
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerkell007 View Post
Has anyone been married at Lakeside Terrace? I've seen 1 picture of it set up for a wedding but I haven't seen anyone (other than that pic) getting married there. I was wondering if there was a reason why? It looks so pretty from what I can see.
I am getting married at crescent terrace but i know that the lakeview terrace is exclusively reserved for very large weddings, i think 100 or more guests. This may also explain why you cant find more pictures of it, as most of the weddings taking place at the swan are less than 100 guests. otherwise i agree that it is a very pretty location.
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #860
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Could you post the picture of Lakeside Terrace? I'm curious to know where it is and what it looks like.
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #861
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

Yeah, when we first looked into the Swan I wanted to use Lakeside terrace but was told it is only for very large parties and they won't release the space for weddings unless it is a group of 200 or more.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #862
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaMouse View Post
I am getting married at crescent terrace but i know that the lakeview terrace is exclusively reserved for very large weddings, i think 100 or more guests. This may also explain why you cant find more pictures of it, as most of the weddings taking place at the swan are less than 100 guests. otherwise i agree that it is a very pretty location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb01 View Post
Yeah, when we first looked into the Swan I wanted to use Lakeside terrace but was told it is only for very large parties and they won't release the space for weddings unless it is a group of 200 or more.
Oh wow...well that is out then! That makes me sad, seems like if there are not that many larger weddings they would just open it up for smaller ones. OH well!
Thanks ladies!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #863
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebride View Post
Could you post the picture of Lakeside Terrace? I'm curious to know where it is and what it looks like.
http://www.swandolphin.com/weddings/gallery.html

It's the thumbnail on the bottom right. Let me know if you can see it, otherwise I'll try to post it another way!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #864
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
http://www.swandolphin.com/weddings/gallery.html

It's the thumbnail on the bottom right. Let me know if you can see it, otherwise I'll try to post it another way!
Thank you! I know that area
Old 12-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #865
cantalaluna
Earning My Ears

Red face New Swalphin :)

Hi everyone!

I'm a newb here at the Swan and Dolphin forum. I have been lurking around for a little bit but now that I am getting ready to actually plan a wedding I'm ready to commit word to paper!

Just wanted to say hello! I am sure I will be posting more often as the planning gets more into action!

Excited to meet everyone and discuss being a Swalphin lol.

Liz
cantalaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #866
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

You are very welcome to our little group sweetie!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #867
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantalaluna View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm a newb here at the Swan and Dolphin forum. I have been lurking around for a little bit but now that I am getting ready to actually plan a wedding I'm ready to commit word to paper!

Just wanted to say hello! I am sure I will be posting more often as the planning gets more into action!

Liz
YAY another Swalphin! Welcome!

We also have a facebook group for just us Swalphins where we exchange idea, ask for advice, etc.

The group is just called "Swalphins", if your interested!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #868
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantalaluna View Post
Hi everyone!

Liz
Welcome Liz!

So excited you're joining our sisterhood! When are you getting married?

If you're on Facebook, please be sure to join DISbrides (link is in my signature) and our Swalphin page (http://www.facebook.com/groups/105178389602615/)

MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #869
cantalaluna
Earning My Ears

Red face Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Welcome Liz!

So excited you're joining our sisterhood! When are you getting married?

If you're on Facebook, please be sure to join DISbrides (link is in my signature) and our swalphin page

Hi Swalphins
Thank you sooo very much for the warm welcome!

We are planning to get married around October or November 2012 as of right now. We both love Disney and really want to get married there so we are looking into Swan and Dolphin. We aren't quite sure if we will be able to afford it as of now but we shall see! We would looove to get married there!

Looking forward to everyones knowledge and wisdom.
cantalaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #870
minniebride
DIS Veteran

My DH and I are away celebrating our one year anniversary of our wedding at the Swan!!!

We finally got to try our top layer of the cake made by the Swan pastry staff-YUM!!! We thought the cake was delicious almost one year ago on our wedding day. The top layer had been in our freezer for a year (not to mention transported on a plan home from Florida) & it tastes amazing!!

If anyone is considering a cake made by the Swan pastry chef, I highly recommend!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: