Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #541
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
THat dive site looks so cool! I would love to swim over a sunken ship! It reminded me of the Titanic photos at the beginning of the movie.
It was. And it didn't have the creepy factor with it because no one died in that shipwreck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Love the snorkling photos! I love snorkling though I haven't gone in years! I think that little "Nemo" probably swam back crying "Mama, Mama, I just saw the most humongous fish ever!"
I used to have to keep telling myself "don't smile, don't smile" because every time I'd smile with joy, I'd get water in my mask!
LOL
Yes. You have to keep a serious face ooor eyes burning with saltwater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the fishy pics!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #542
Timon

DIS Junkie

Great updates Jen!

I just love Grand Cayman!! It's my fave stop in the Caribbean, despite the tendering

Last couple of times we did Stingray City and 2 snorkel stops and LOVED it! Love me some stingrays

What's up next?
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #543
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Great updates Jen!

I just love Grand Cayman!! It's my fave stop in the Caribbean, despite the tendering

Last couple of times we did Stingray City and 2 snorkel stops and LOVED it! Love me some stingrays

What's up next?
We had a great time. If we ever go there again I definitely want to do the stingrays. This was our "cheap" last minute trip and I really did try not to overspend...try is the word
I did think the tenders were pretty good. I tender once at Cozumel till our dock opened and that was so slow.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #544
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Hi everyone. I have not dropped off the face of the earth. It's been a couple of days since I updated and I hate to go that long, but with the holidays fast approaching, life has gotten in the way. My goal is to get some more written up by the weekend, but Claire's b-day is Monday and we have a few activities this weekend to celebrate it.
I still have not gotten all my decorations out either, which is so unlike me.
I also came up with the brilliant idea of making photobooks from our family trip for family as gifts. Someone warn me not to do that again if I ever say I am going to do that in the future. it's really not THAT bad, but it takes a lot of time looking through the pictures and finding the few out of 6000 I want to use in it.
I have also had some requests for certain resort pictures from some people on facebook, so I have been to try and get those edited and up there lately as well.
I also took some fat Ben pictures (if you follow Dees Amazing adventures of Flat Ben thread you know who he is) and I am slowly but surely working on some of those photos to send to her as well.

So please forgive me and know that I will be back soon.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #545
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

I am certain they will be beautiful and treasured forever and we promise to make you step away from the computer if you ever try something so awesome and thoughtful again!

We will be here, no worries! Thank you for the wonderful trip so far!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #546
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
I am certain they will be beautiful and treasured forever and we promise to make you step away from the computer if you ever try something so awesome and thoughtful again!

We will be here, no worries! Thank you for the wonderful trip so far!
Thanks. I am so happy to be done with those. I now just wait to see the final product!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #547
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We continued our snorkeling fun.

This boat went by a couple of times. If I remember right, it had windows down below and it was an excursion to look at sea life.

Theres Brook.

A last look under the sea.

I was now to the point that I had to go to the bathroom. I was also starting to get a little cold and waterlogged, so I got out.

Brook and Lisa soon followed.

We got one more group picture as we waited for the rest to come back onboard.

Soon it was time to go and everyone had returned. We motored on over to where we had gotten on the boat and set off back to the ship. We tipped our guys because they were fabulous.
We decided to go back and freshen up and get a bite to eat then meet up with Carolyn, Susan and Shelly.

I took a few pictures as we walked back.

Hey, theres a rooster walking around.

I really had to go to the bathroom quite badly at this point. We spotted public bathrooms and Brook and Lisa declined to go in, but at this point a hole in the ground was gonna work for me, so I went in. Surprisingly these were pretty decent bathrooms. I would say on the line with the Castaway Cay ones. Not fabulous, but decent and they werent dirty.

Now that I felt so much better, we headed back to the tender area.

Easy to find the Mickey Boat!

Disneys area was so much nicer than the Carnival one. They had a shaded canopy with cold water and cold towels waiting for us.

We soon were on a tender.

We made some chit chat with the one guy. I think he took a liking to Lisa. He was very friendly, but honestly we had a hard time understanding him and we did a lot of smiling and nodding.

A guy came on wearing a Fantasy Inaugural Sweatshirt and carrying a guitar. We kind of heard hints of whispers that he was new entertainment coming on board and that the 2 other ones had left that morning. I never realized this, but I guess a lot of the entertainment does not stay on board the whole week. They will get off at a port and fly home, or fly into a port and join the cruise midway.
I LOVED this guys sweatshirt by the way. I sure wish I could find a way to get one myself.

We soon set sail back to the ship and we saw some people enjoying themselves.

I took a few pictures of the Carnival Destiny as we went by her.

Back to the Magic.

As we were pulling in, we had a to wait a minute for the other tenders to get out of the way. All of a sudden Brook says, there is Carolyn on that one. I couldnt believe she saw her. She said Susan wears big sunglasses with bright white rims and they caught her eye. LOL. We hollered back and forth and let them know we would meet up with them in about 45 minutes or so at Margaritaville.

Looks like the red could use a little new paint.

We have arrived!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #548
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Sat down and got hooked to this thread and your dream trip reports. Took me 2 hours to read them all! And imagine my excitement when I saw that you had updated this morning.
Anyways, your reports are written so wonderfully, and the photos are top notch! I love your perspective about the Magic, since you sailed on the new class first. I've been on the Fantasy, but am going on the Magic next summer, and your opinion gives me an idea on what to expect (such as size difference and aging details)

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #549
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess4ever View Post
Sat down and got hooked to this thread and your dream trip reports. Took me 2 hours to read them all! And imagine my excitement when I saw that you had updated this morning.
Anyways, your reports are written so wonderfully, and the photos are top notch! I love your perspective about the Magic, since you sailed on the new class first. I've been on the Fantasy, but am going on the Magic next summer, and your opinion gives me an idea on what to expect (such as size difference and aging details)
Thanks so much for reading along. I try to give out details. I know when I research things, I want to know it all, or as much as I can get, so I try to give out as much as I can remember to others so hopefully it will help with planning.

My next goal is to update my current Dream TR. I hope to get that up by tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #550
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Great update! So funny Lisa found Susan on another tender! I am not shocked that Carnival was not as nice as disney (you get what you pay for lol) I have actually been on the ship you took a photo of. The Destiny has actually been taken out of service and is being renovated and the name is being changed. It needs it. It is NOT a nice boat lol. I am not a fan of Carnival lol.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #551
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Great update! So funny Lisa found Susan on another tender! I am not shocked that Carnival was not as nice as disney (you get what you pay for lol) I have actually been on the ship you took a photo of. The Destiny has actually been taken out of service and is being renovated and the name is being changed. It needs it. It is NOT a nice boat lol. I am not a fan of Carnival lol.
You know I read when we got back that that shop[ had taken of a ton of water somewhere and many rooms were flooded.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #552
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Whew, caught up here to!

I wanna snorkel!! It looks so awesome underwater. You got great pictures of the fish and the wreck.

Looks like the ship is going run you over!

Love the underwater group shot. That's a great memory.

That is one sexy snorkel picture.

Okay, maybe I missed it, but what is a tender?
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #553
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Whew, caught up here to!

I wanna snorkel!! It looks so awesome underwater. You got great pictures of the fish and the wreck.

Looks like the ship is going run you over!

Love the underwater group shot. That's a great memory.

That is one sexy snorkel picture.

Okay, maybe I missed it, but what is a tender?
A tender is just a small boat that basically ferries you from the ship to shore. I have no clue whay it's called that and the official meaning.

I am so jealous. I just looked at Brooks pictures. Her camera is MUCH better. She got some really clear and focused shots underwater.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #554
MEK
DIS Veteran

All caught up again.

snorkeling looks so fun! I am definitely getting a water proof camera before I cruse. It looks like a must.

I love the picture of the three of you in the water. That's awesome.

You also got amazing pictures of the ship while you were out on the boat. Just perfect.

I have to laugh at your "hole in the ground" comment. I totally get that. Good to know there are decent BRs at the tender stop.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #555
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
All caught up again.

snorkeling looks so fun! I am definitely getting a water proof camera before I cruse. It looks like a must.

I love the picture of the three of you in the water. That's awesome.

You also got amazing pictures of the ship while you were out on the boat. Just perfect.

I have to laugh at your "hole in the ground" comment. I totally get that. Good to know there are decent BRs at the tender stop.
I thought I had a pretty decent underwater camera and looked at Brooks pictures last night, WOW, her's are fabulous. I am so jealous. I am happy I had one though. It's really fun to use and get pictures you wouldn't normally get.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: