DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
jockotaco
Mouseketeer

Concierge Collection Analysis

I purchased my first contract direct. The main reason I did this was because we were going on a trip in just over 11 months and we were purchasing a small contract (125 points) at the grand cal. By going direct I spent an additional $35 per point versus indirect (assuming resale of $100) and I was fine with the trade off because most was made back by being able to make an immediate reservation. When we bought direct I did every analysis in the book prior to the purchase. We are currently in the market for more points and I am leaning both ways (direct and indirect) and my only reason for direct is the concierge collection. We love Disney today, have young kids but at some point envision a point where we want a non disney vacation. Initially I thought we needed to buy direct. After a long sleepless night I thought why not buy indirect and sell the points to book your own room anywhere, not necessarily tied to the concierge collection when we are looking for the non disney trip. I have yet to do an analysis of room rates at the concierge hotels, has anyone does this kind of analysis or tried to put a dollar value on points being transferred to the CC. I figure I'm $95 in the hole prior to going. Just curious as I'm still a fence sitter but swaying resale. We are looking at either 50-75 point add on to the grand cal or 150 to Aulani. Any thoughts would be great.
jockotaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: