Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #136
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksinglet

I also did a cabin gift on our last cruise. There was a little something in the bag for all ages. I'm already gathering supplies for this FE!!!
You're WAY ahead of me. But with affordable Christmas gifts around every corner, I'm thinking I should start gathering some things now too!

I really need to decide on the cabin gifts earlier this time too! Last cruise, I was still drying my gifts the night before!

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #137
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

I think I have an idea, now I just have to talk myself into starting early so I don't wind up in a panic!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #138
TheBeadPirate
Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I think posts 1 and 2 are current as of now- If that's wrong let me know and I can fix it.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #139
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Woo-wee, what an ordeal getting Elliot's passport for the first time! I got to the office with baby in tow, but I didn't realize that the child abduction laws prevented me from getting his passport without both parents present. We had to get his birth certificate first, on top of that, so it was a line-waiting-office-hopping day! And just to make it EXTRA fun, when Von managed to slip away from work and I had gathered all the necessary documents and filled out the forms, the lady at the counter informs me that Walgreens goofed and that they couldn't accept Elliot's picture because of the chair being visible in the background! One extra trip to Walgreens later, and we are finally set! Lessons learned the hard way by first time mothers #285!!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #140
ethanash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue
Woo-wee, what an ordeal getting Elliot's passport for the first time! I got to the office with baby in tow, but I didn't realize that the child abduction laws prevented me from getting his passport without both parents present. We had to get his birth certificate first, on top of that, so it was a line-waiting-office-hopping day! And just to make it EXTRA fun, when Von managed to slip away from work and I had gathered all the necessary documents and filled out the forms, the lady at the counter informs me that Walgreens goofed and that they couldn't accept Elliot's picture because of the chair being visible in the background! One extra trip to Walgreens later, and we are finally set! Lessons learned the hard way by first time mothers #285!!
That's awesome! So does that mean that Ethan's pic with the "bunny ears" won't be acceptable? LOL

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #141
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Just send that one in for his yearbook!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #142
ethanash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue
Just send that one in for his yearbook!
I saw a woman who had a CA DL pic and she was wearing Mickey Ears!

Old 12-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #143
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

We're thrilled to be aboard!!!

We sailed on a DD in Nov 2011 and while on board I booked a cruise to get the discount and wait for another DD to get scheduled!!

I kept being told that there were no DD cruises scheduled for 2013 or 2014!!

And then last night I started searching for an alternate choice when I stumbled across this cruise on their site!! And DARN if it wasn't too late to call and book!! So I called tonight and not only did we get our DD, but we got the same exact rooms we had last time which were directly across from the laundry. My DW loved these rooms and their location, so except for this being a 7 night cruise and only a 5 night cruise, we're thrilled to say we'll be onboard!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now what to make for FE gifts!!

We have two cabins, 2094 and 2096
Me: David
DW: Wendy
DS: Hunter (9 at sailing)
DD: Shelby Rae (6 at sailing)

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #144
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Welcome aboard! This is sure to be a really special cruise with TONS of surprises!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #145
TheBeadPirate
Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

Welcome aboard! I'll update the roster and FE list when we get back!

Just jumped on to wish everyone luck in holiday tasks- we are headed to Ft Lauderdale to sail on the Vision of the Seas with Royal Caribbean. Don't tell Mickey I'm cheating on him! We'll be back on Christmas Eve.

Be good to one another- and good luck with the end of the world on 12/21!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #146
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeadPirate View Post

Just jumped on to wish everyone luck in holiday tasks- we are headed to Ft Lauderdale to sail on the Vision of the Seas with Royal Caribbean. Don't tell Mickey I'm cheating on him! We'll be back on Christmas Eve.

Hope you have a fabulous trip!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #147
ethanash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeadPirate

Have an awesome sailing! And my lips are sealed..... Mickey won't get anything out of me!

Old 12-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #148
ethanash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink
We sailed on a DD in Nov 2011 and while on board I booked a cruise to get the discount and wait for another DD to get scheduled!!

And then last night I started searching for an alternate choice when I stumbled across this cruise on their site!! And DARN if it wasn't too late to call and book!! So I called tonight and not only did we get our DD, but we got the same exact rooms we had last time which were directly across from the laundry. My DW loved these rooms and their location, so except for this being a 7 night cruise and only a 5 night cruise, we're thrilled to say we'll be onboard!!

Welcome aboard! A lot of us on here were robbed of our CC day on the 10/20/12 sailing that was tossed around by Hurricane Sandy. So we can't wait to set foot on it, and TWICE is even better!

I have 2 DS's that will be sailing with us.... 10 and 8 at time of sailing..... They LOVE meeting new friends. Hopefully they can meet your DS at our thread meet up on embarkation day.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #149
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Thanks everyone for the welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanash1 View Post
Welcome aboard! A lot of us on here were robbed of our CC day on the 10/20/12 sailing that was tossed around by Hurricane Sandy. So we can't wait to set foot on it, and TWICE is even better!

I have 2 DS's that will be sailing with us.... 10 and 8 at time of sailing..... They LOVE meeting new friends. Hopefully they can meet your DS at our thread meet up on embarkation day.
My son really enjoys all the friends he makes onboard!! I just hate dragging him out of the kids clubs at night!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #150
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink View Post

Welcome! Glad you found us

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: