DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 AM   #2011
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
AgFor the main CR desk, for instance, they may have 1 online checkin desk, and 4 or 5 regular check ins. So if you're stuck behind an online check-in person who then requests a change, you could be waiting a long while. However they won't say no. (Of course they could say no if there's no available rooms, but that's a different story.)
When this has happened to me, one of the regular check in CMs have waved me over.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #2012
Nancy F
DIS Veteran

Just back from a stay at BLT. We had room 8018 Park View Studio and it was wonderful. The Castle was right in the middle of my balcony. Rm was in great shape too. Very happy!!! Can't wait to go back in April.
Nancy
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #2013
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Agreed, definitely call ahead with your requests. With online check-in, they generally discourage it for those who would want to change the assigned rooms. For the main CR desk, for instance, they may have 1 online checkin desk, and 4 or 5 regular check ins. So if you're stuck behind an online check-in person who then requests a change, you could be waiting a long while. However they won't say no. (Of course they could say no if there's no available rooms, but that's a different story.)
I made my room request when I booked through DVC. Are you saying we should call BLT directly as well?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:03 AM   #2014
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I made my room request when I booked through DVC. Are you saying we should call BLT directly as well?
No, DVC is where you have to call, if you made the request already, you're good to go!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #2015
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
No, DVC is where you have to call, if you made the request already, you're good to go!
Thanks!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #2016
mrsromy
Earning My Ears

First time @ BLT - advice needed :)

Hello everyone!

This will be my first stay at BLT (or any other DW resort) and thanks to this thread, I think I know what my room requests are! Now all I need to know is...how far in advance can I call BLT to make these requests?

I am not a DVC owner, I converted my HGVC points to RCI and used those to secure a week at BLT...so I can't just call DVC to ask for specific rooms. RCI recommends calling BLT no earlier than a few weeks before arrival but I fear that's too late. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
mrsromy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #2017
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsromy View Post
Hello everyone!

This will be my first stay at BLT (or any other DW resort) and thanks to this thread, I think I know what my room requests are! Now all I need to know is...how far in advance can I call BLT to make these requests?

I am not a DVC owner, I converted my HGVC points to RCI and used those to secure a week at BLT...so I can't just call DVC to ask for specific rooms. RCI recommends calling BLT no earlier than a few weeks before arrival but I fear that's too late. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
Wow, good question. DVC requests go through member services, cash booking requests go through reservations. I don't know how you would make requests. You can't really just "call BLT." You might want to do a general post on the DVC Resort board to ask how trade-ins into DVC make room requests. Good luck!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #2018
mrsromy
Earning My Ears

Thanks!! I will give that a whirl!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #2019
GrnMtnMan
DIS Veteran

7930 MK view (2 BR D) (MK to the right)

A post on another thread reminded me that I needed to post pictures from this unit. I stayed there my last trip and was slightly disappointed by the view. Primary view when standing in the room is the CR, GF, and Seven Seas Lagoon. MK is to the right, and is a nice view when you are right up by the windows.

Is not a good unit for fireworks, as the angle makes the display look like its over Space Mountain. And to watch them in the LR of the unit, you have to basically put your left cheek up against the window. View from the balconies is nice, but one night we left the door open to to hear the music from the room's TV and we ended up with a small swarm of tiny flying insects in the room.

Sorry for the mess in these pictures.

Master bedroom:

View out the LR window:

View out the LR window, looking to the right:
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15
GrnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #2020
LindsayO22
Earning My Ears

Do all studios with magic kingdom view have comparable views or are some views better than others?
LindsayO22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #2021
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnMan View Post

Is not a good unit for fireworks, as the angle makes the display look like its over Space Mountain.
that is how it looks from all the villa at BLT. because it is not behind the MK - it is much further away behind a lake (safety)

if you want it to look behind the castle - then that view is only available at the Polyn (well in the parks -main street)

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #2022
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayO22 View Post
Do all studios with magic kingdom view have comparable views or are some views better than others?
some a better some are worst.

like the standard views myself (cheap)

Old 12-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #2023
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsromy View Post
disney won't even talk to you until they receive the reservation from RCI - and don't think that happens until a couple of weeks before hand.

but you can try - the phone number should be on your reservation confirmation.

specific rooms are NEVER guaranteed - a request is just a request - hint - the earlier in the day you get to BLT the better. You can check in at 6:30am.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #2024
mrsromy
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the information! Unfortunately my flight doesn't come in until later that afternoon so I guess we will just be happy with whatever we get!! :D

I will try calling a few weeks before just to check if RCI has submitted our our reservation. ::fingers crossed::
Old 12-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #2025
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Just checked in yesterday to BLT after 4 nights at treehouse villas! We have a Lk view GV but to our surprise after check-in we were put in villa 8512 which is an awesome Mk view! It is a HA room so a bit of an adjustment for counter heights and such but for sure worth it according to dd's and their friends! Lol the only disappointment with check in was when they said the room was not ready and they would text me, I told them this has happened the last 2 times with check in and I never get texted, they assured me and verified my phone number. Well needless to say never got text showed up at 330 to leave keys for dd's so we could do grocery and cm said "oh your room has been ready I have no idea y we did not text you!" Anyhoo having a ball love the fireworks from the balcony but also a lake view to boot.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: