Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
lsumommaof4
Earning My Ears

Questions about WL Deluxe Rooms/CL

A couple of questions:

Are the Deluxe Rooms far from the CL lounge? Didn't know if there are options there. And is the rooms that have the better views very far? I have 5 kids and will be on my own for a few days because my husband is attending a seminar.

Also, are there high chairs available in the CL lounge, or should I pack a portable one?

Also, since the Deluxe Rooms are not on the 7th floor, will they give you wine "to go" to drink in your room? My kids go to sleep early. Momma likes a little wine with 5 kids by myself after a day in the parks

Do all the Deluxe Rooms all have connecting doors! My husband hates those with a passion and that may make him feel uncomfortable all week!
lsumommaof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
lsumommaof4
Earning My Ears

Anyone???
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
dansdad
DIS Veteran

We have not stayed at WL yet, so I can't specifically answer your questions. But might I suggest you check out the official WL thread located here.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2969675

Post #2 has detailed information about the Deluxe rooms and their locations.

Also there is a section that describes the CL very well.

If after looking over the first page of that thread you still have some questions, post them in that thread. There are very knowledgeable and helpful people who visit it often.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #4
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsumommaof4 View Post
A couple of questions:

Are the Deluxe Rooms far from the CL lounge? Didn't know if there are options there. And is the rooms that have the better views very far? I have 5 kids and will be on my own for a few days because my husband is attending a seminar.

Also, are there high chairs available in the CL lounge, or should I pack a portable one?

Also, since the Deluxe Rooms are not on the 7th floor, will they give you wine "to go" to drink in your room? My kids go to sleep early. Momma likes a little wine with 5 kids by myself after a day in the parks

Do all the Deluxe Rooms all have connecting doors! My husband hates those with a passion and that may make him feel uncomfortable all week!
The rooms are on a different floor and can be a bit of a walk, but not that bad at all. I remember our view being nice, we were on the south side and could see a bit of the lake, the woods and the villas. The room is divided by french doors that lead to the sitting area with a pull out couch. Have no idea about the wine, but I'd think you'd be fine!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
iheartpeterpan
Still A Kid At Heart

I took drinks and also breakfast items from the CL lounge to my room. The hotel is relatively compact so you are not travelling far to the lounge.

I don't recall ever having a connecting door at WL but they are not important enough to me to remember so I can't answer that one for sure.

Rooms with views are all over the place.
1972 Fort Wilderness, 1976 Fort Wilderness, 1978 Disneyland California, 1985 "College Girls" Offsite, 1991 Honeymoon Trip Offsite, 1996 Coronado Springs, 2000 Coronado Springs, 2004 Magic Kingdom Offsite, 2006 Disneyland Paris Offsite, 2008 Wilderness Lodge, 2009 Grand Floridian, 2010 Coronado Springs, 2010 Offsite Soccer Tournament at ESPN WWS, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2011 POP Soccer Tournament at ESPN WWS, 2012 Offsite, 2012 Fort Wilderness, 2012 Offsite Soccer Tournament at ESPN WWS, 2013 Band Trip POFQ, 2013 Offsite soccer Tournament at ESPN WWS, 2014 Yacht Club
iheartpeterpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
lsumommaof4
Earning My Ears

Ya'll are awesome! The Wikipedia of Disney!!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
mslhb
Mouseketeer

We just got back from the WL and stayed in a Deluxe Room. We requested to be halfway down the south wing and got room 3123. Loved the location. Much closer and more convenient to the CL lounge then the rooms on the end of the wings. The view was great. Beautiful view of he courtyard and could see some of bay lake. A couple of floors up would have been even better since the trees were somewhat in the way but again we loved it. I believe all Deluxe rooms have a connecting door. Didn't bother us at all. The way the layout is it was a perfect spot to put a stroller or suitcases. Never heard anyone in the next room. We ended up using the lounge a lot and yes you can carry drinks and food back to the room. Almost every night we would stop by the lounge and get a couple of glasses of wine and head back to the room. Was nice to be able to put DD to bed and then sit out on the balcony and enjoy some wine! Overall we loved our Deluxe Room. Thought the layout was great as was everything about the WL!

mslhb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: