Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
heidi8
Mouseketeer

Xmas Day: Which Park?

We are planning to stay far away from MK on Xmas Day, but we are on-site and are early birds, so we could easily be at Epcot or DHS at 7ish - or is AK the best bet?

We have a dinner reso at Tokyo Dining that night, and would prefer not to park hop but we could still switch to dinner at HS or AK - there are a few scattered ADRs available. How bad should Epcot be that day, if we're not planning to be there from about 1/2 until 6ish?

Yes, I did go on the Teacups 30 times in a row on my 30th birthday!
heidi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

I would say Epcot does the best at absorbing crowds, so that might be your best bet

I believe DAK is least crowded however

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

We hop DHS and Epcot mostly on Xmas day. Bt last year we did all 4 parks, but none are as bad as MK, but even that gets less crowded toward the end of the day. I would do Epcot.

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

www.easywdw.com suggests AK as the best park of the day for Christmas Day. DHS is also recommended. I would check out his site...he has detailed reasons for why one park is better over the other. He says that Epcot will be slammed on that day because people think its bigger and head there.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
heidi8
Mouseketeer

Fantastic thoughts and tips, thanks y'all! I think we're going to start at Epcot (run to Test Track, then to Soarin) but leave and go do minigolf after lunch if it gets terrible (boat to Swan, then walk over) and come back in via the back entrance for dinner after 7. Won't be mellow but it shouldn't be horrible either.

Yes, I did go on the Teacups 30 times in a row on my 30th birthday!
heidi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Epcot

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
PlutosUnDr8d
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
suggests AK as the best park of the day for Christmas Day. DHS is also recommended. I would check out his site...he has detailed reasons for why one park is better over the other. He says that Epcot will be slammed on that day because people think its bigger and head there.
Helpful link (that I can't reference yet due to # of posts)--we will be staying away from MK as well that day.
PlutosUnDr8d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
patriciaofoz
Mouseketeer

We will be there Xmas Day too and have decided to park hop between AK & HS (then dinner at ESPN Club to catch the Heat vs Thunder game).

I'm really hoping that MK is less crowded after the Heat game because I really want to say I was at MK for Xmas
Old 12-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
www.easywdw.com suggests AK as the best park of the day for Christmas Day. DHS is also recommended. I would check out his site...he has detailed reasons for why one park is better over the other. He says that Epcot will be slammed on that day because people think its bigger and head there.
Plus, even though Epcot has a lot of open space, it really only has 3 major attractions, so guess where all those people are going to be?
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #10
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren

Plus, even though Epcot has a lot of open space, it really only has 3 major attractions, so guess where all those people are going to be?
Epcot and Dak r the best for relaxing and doing things other than attractions.

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
PlutoTheDog89
Mouseketeer

I'll be at MK... yep, you heard right, MK. We're planning on rope drop, probably stay a few hours, head back to the hotel - relax, do Dinner at Narcoossee's, then probably go back after our ressie until 1am.

While on the topic, I saw a lot of the hours posted (obviously).. do you think they'll change any EMH or hours as we get closer to Xmas week?

Next Trip: Christmas
12/24/12 - 1/1/13

Previous Trips:

3/29/12 - 4/1/12: Wedding for family friend
A Short trip, but a memorable and enjoyable one! Played golf in Disney for the first time! A very non-traditional trip, but a fun one!

12/24/10 - 1/1/11: Christmas
[I] Our Second Christmas. We drove down to Florida. I had a broken foot, so I got everywhere via EMV. My mom got sick, then my sister, then I was sick for NYE. Missed the parks on NYE day, but I champed it out for NYE at DHS [I]

12/24/09 - 1/1/10 Christmas
[I] Our first Christmas spent in Disney. We took Amtrak down (never again). I fought a cold all Christmas, but fought through it to enjoy. [I]

Summer of 2007: We went following my High School graduation. Fun trip but it was scorching hot!

The one or two other times previous to this, but the dates don't stick out in my mind.
PlutoTheDog89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #12
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Epcot
Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
mm1971
DIS Veteran

For crowds, probably AK. It is showing at the lowest levels in the projections. EPCOT is so large that even on crowded days is not too bad. Those would be my choices.

If you want to be in the Christmas mood and looking holiday cheer, fight the crowds at MK. Everyone is in a good mood for the most part, but if you are looking to do rides and shows go to the others.

Have fun!

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #14
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

We've done Epcot on Christmas Day twice. Each time it's a ghost town (kind of) in the morning and until about 1-2pm, it's great, then after that the hoards pour in and it's very crowded. Make sure you have ADRs if you want to eat at a restaurant or be ready for long lines at the CS places in the evening.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #15
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are going to EPCOT, early for test track/soarin, then for a lunch for our CP package. We want to see a couple of storytellers, and the CP. We plan to have a fairly early night so we can be at MK before 7 am on the 26th.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: