Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 11:21 PM   #316
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Day 10 - Dec 27

Day 10 - Dec 27

Animal Kingdom

Today will mark our last full day in the parks -- why do these trips have to always come to an end?

On this day we will be back at AK. We will start the morning by having breakfast at Tusker House. We have never done breakfast here, only lunch, so I am excited about trying a new meal here.

We will focus today on the kids favorites from this park. Another ride on Kilamanjaro Safari...another ride on EE, who knows what else.

Our lunch ADR today is Rainforest Cafe. Ugh, the things you do for your kids. I really dont care for RFC, but the kids have never been, so they really want to do this one.

Depending on what time we finish up at AK, we might head over to MK for a little bit before our dinner ADR at California Grill. Now, THIS is an ADR I am excited about! I cant wait to see Holiday Wishes from the observation area at the restraunt.

After dinner we will probably head back to the hotel (unless I can convince the family for one last stroll down Main Street )

Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #317
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Day 11 - Dec 28

Day 11 - Dec 28

Departure day /Epcot

This is the day I am absolutely dreading...departure day.

I dont have a breakfast ADR booked this morning so we can finish up packing -- a huge, daunting task among itself!!

We will probably grab something from the CL and eat in the room while getting everything together.

After we are finished up, we will drop our carryons at the Bell desk and take care of our checked luggage at airline check in and then head over to Epcot. We have booked at San Angel.

After lunch we will finish up any last minute shopping or spending of snack credits.

Magic Express will probably pick us up around 4pm, our flight is at 7pm.

Upon arrival back home we will be staying in the same hotel we did on the 17th. We are meeting up with my parents for an early lunch on the 29th and then driving a few short hours to "our vacation from our vacation" -- we will be staying in a lake cabin for 3nts. Some of DH family will be there for a reunion, but they are all leaving the morning of the 30th, whereas we are staying and not coming home until Jan 1. We stayed in a cabin here last year and really fell in love with the area.

After returning I will have to put all my focus on my TR, DR and plans for our Oct trip.

So there you have it folks, the plans for our Christmas trip. I still need to get up Nov & Dec movie nights as well as some shopping pics. Things will be crazy busy until the trip.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #318
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Sounds like you have a great 2 days planned out to wrap up your trip! And then straight onto another mini vacation? What a great bonus! It will give you some time to relax after the craziness of WDW before going back to reality. I might need to convince DH we need something like that after our trips.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #319
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Sounds like you have a great 2 days planned out to wrap up your trip! And then straight onto another mini vacation? What a great bonus! It will give you some time to relax after the craziness of WDW before going back to reality. I might need to convince DH we need something like that after our trips.
It will be nice to have a "mini vacation" before heading back to the real world. DH really will need to get back home to do some work on his current Doctoral class as well as his teaching load for Spring, but he really wants to see his family, so...that is the reason for the "mini vacation".
Old 12-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #320
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Shopping

Some of the items purchased for the trip...

Harper & I will be doing "Pick a Pearl", so I purchased the Cinderella carriage cage necklace for each of us

Jaxon and his carryon (he wanted one for himself after seeing the older kids bags)

Evan and his carryon

Hoodies for Jaxon & Evan (Toy Story - Jaxon, Mickey - Evan)

Harper's hairbows

Harper's Christmas hat

Books for Hunter & Harper -- hidden Mickey book & daily journal

Sunglasses for Jaxon & Evan (they each have a pair of these)

My trip journal

Storage containers for leftovers or whatever

Continued in next post...

Old 12-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #321
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Shopping

Shopping continued...

Kids autograph books - Hunter (Phineas & Ferb), Harper (Princesses), Jaxon (Toy Story), Evan (Mickey Mouse)

Coloring/activity books for Harper & the little boys

Mickey for our room

Harper's Christmas Minnie (she will get this the night before we go)

Jaxon's Christmas Mickey (Evan has a similar one that I recently purchased, but do not have a pic of)

Room decor

Harper & Hunter's stockings for our room

Jaxon & Evan's stockings for our room

Mine & DH's stockings for our room

Continued in next post...

Old 12-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #322
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

Fun purchases! Your room is going to look so cute with all those decorations!
How DH Saved Mother's Day with a SURPRISE Trip to WDW! 2012 July PTR
JoshAndEvsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #323
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

1) where did you get the autograph books? Those are really cute.

2) did you pack all of that, or ship it down ahead of you?
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #324
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Wow... so many awesome Disney things for the rooms and for the kids....

Tusker House Breakfast-when we did it was a great breakfast and experience for us... oh also forgot Ohana.... those are two of my favorites... great experience at Ohana... may be my favorite favorite....

California Grill = Heaven....

Like I said before ... you really are having a Double Deluxe Christmas...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #325
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAndEvsMom View Post
Fun purchases! Your room is going to look so cute with all those decorations!
Thank you! I wanted to try and do a little something with our room since we would be there over Christmas. I didnt do all my "regular" decorating at home since we would be gone - so I think the kids will enjoy this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
1) where did you get the autograph books? Those are really cute.

2) did you pack all of that, or ship it down ahead of you?
The autograph books I ordered from Amazon. Just typed in "Disney autograph books" or something similar and all sorts of options showed up!

We are flying SW, so we get 12 checked bags free + all our carryons! So, because of that, I did not ship anything down before hand. If we were flying any other airline, we totally would have shipped stuff down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Wow... so many awesome Disney things for the rooms and for the kids....

Tusker House Breakfast-when we did it was a great breakfast and experience for us... oh also forgot Ohana.... those are two of my favorites... great experience at Ohana... may be my favorite favorite....

California Grill = Heaven....

Like I said before ... you really are having a Double Deluxe Christmas...
I hope the kids appreciate all the hard work I have put into this trip! Its been consuming my mind for a LONG TIME!

Totally looking forward to CG!!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #326
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

November & December movie nights

November & December dinner & Disney movie nights

I still havent gotton around to uploading the pics for Nov & Dec movie nights, so since time is quickly getting away from me, I will just tell you what we did.

November 9 - Alice in Wonderland -- Tea sandwiches (tuna, pimento, ham & swiss cheese -- some were made on mini croissants, others on white bread), Rabbit's carrots, "Eat Me" sugar cookies (sugar cookies that I wrote "Eat Me" in different colored frostings), Tea (I decorated the cups with "Drink Me")

November 17 - Winnie the Pooh --We did is one in between the little boys birthdays -- Honey battered chicken tenders, Rabbit's carrots & green beans, carrot cake cupcakes

November 23 - Cinderella -- Thanksgiving royal feat -- Turkey, ham, homemade dressing, sweet potatoe casserole, pea salad, fruit salad, rolls, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie

November 30 - Tom & Huck -- Hunter picked this one for his birthday weekend -- Oven fried chicken, sweet potatoes, green beans, cheesecake

December 7 - Toy Story -- Pizza Planet turkey pepperoni with extra cheese pizza, salad, Mickey Mouse cupcakes

December 9 - Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas -- This was our final dinner & Disney movie for the year -- Waffles, bisquits & gravy with sausage

Our Disney dinner & movie nights will start back up again in January sometime. The kids dont know we are counting down to another trip
Old 12-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #327
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

2 days to go!!!!!

I cant even begin to believe that in 2 days we will be at WDW!!

We are pretty much all packed (well, except for DH...he has been out of town all week and is flying in this afternoon) and we will be having our Christmas tonight after dinner, then Santa will still bring presents while we are gone.

We will about 4 hrs tomorrow after the kids get out of school to get to a hotel near the airport we are flying out of Tuesday morning.

We are planning on stopping about 2 hrs in to eat dinner at Olive Garden (we have a $50 giftcard from LAST YEAR that we havent used!!), then Tuesday morning we will be up DARK AND EARLY to head to the airport.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #328
queenkrissy2002
Earning My Ears

Have a blast! I love being there at Christmas time!
queenkrissy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #329
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Yay!! Have so much fun!!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #330
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Your a good momma... doing all those special movie nights with your children...

In case I don't get back here before you go...

HAVE A SUPER FABULOUS DOUBLE DELUXE DISNEY CHRISTMAS!!!

and make sure to take lots of pictures so when you write your TR we can all live it vicariously through you...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boardwalk inn, december 2012, deluxe dining plan, mvmcp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: