Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

DLH Character Meet

Hi all,
I was wondering if someone can tell me which day and where at the DLH you can meet loads of characters? I remember reading it ages ago that there are quite a few there on a certain day every week around 4pm if Im right.
Thanks

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
MichyDLP
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel
Hi all,
I was wondering if someone can tell me which day and where at the DLH you can meet loads of characters? I remember reading it ages ago that there are quite a few there on a certain day every week around 4pm if Im right.
Thanks
When we were in DLP at the weekend the sign in the DLH said that characters were there Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays at 4pm. On Sunday we called in and saw Donald, Gepetto & Pinocchio. I'm sure someone else who has stayed in the DLH will be able to tell you if there's any other times that they're likely to be there.
MichyDLP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Just back from the DLH and they were also around individually in the morning and evening everyday
Old 12-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Thanks a mill guys. For some reason Thursday was stuck in my head. Will definately have a look in

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
netimka
DIS Veteran

what a shame we are going to be Monday - Friday but leaving before 4PM so wont see them at all
Old 12-09-2012, 03:47 AM   #6
squiggly2902
Mouseketeer

I was there in feb half term Mon-Fri and they were there at 4pm every day.
squiggly2902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #7
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

They are there Thurs - Sun 4pm in Winter.

We went one of the days (Fri I think) as we were staying in the DLH and were heading back to the room anyway for something, so thought we'd have a look.

It was quite good - quick dance, but the characters did stay around a while. It was busy though - I recall doing this years ago and there being 5-10 children, these days, word is out and it is very busy although not as bad as the scrums in the park!

We saw Pinnochio, Geppetto, Eeyore, Piglet, Pluto & Gideon. Mickey, Minnie & Goofy did the dance but didn't really stay for photos. We did see most of them at various meals anyway though - all except Eeyore & Piglet who DD1 was so pleased to see .
Old 12-09-2012, 04:57 AM   #8
CassieReynart
Mouseketeer

Yes it's definately on Thursdays as well, We caught it on a Thursday in September. As a slightly related note, where do the characters meet in DLH in the morning? We popped in there one morning and couldn't work it out. Is it upstairs perhaps?

Future Trips - * Christmas 2014 * *Jan Sales 2015*
//Previous Trips// Hipark May 2014 * Santa Fe Jan-Feb 2014 * Dream Castle / Sequoia October 2013 * Cheyenne / Sequoia Feb 2013 * Sequoia Sept 2012 * June 1997
CassieReynart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:38 AM   #9
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieReynart View Post
Yes it's definately on Thursdays as well, We caught it on a Thursday in September. As a slightly related note, where do the characters meet in DLH in the morning? We popped in there one morning and couldn't work it out. Is it upstairs perhaps?
yes upstairs, in the area right beside the entrance to the restaurants. Sometimes one or 2 of them are also downstairs in the foyer in the mornings too.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
netimka
DIS Veteran

thats great they are there on Thursdays too, we will go there then... is it east to find a way around DLH? we have never been inside...

TIA
Old 12-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by netimka View Post
thats great they are there on Thursdays too, we will go there then... is it east to find a way around DLH? we have never been inside...

TIA
If you are going for the descent des stairs then very easy. You just enter from the park side entrance (this is the only way non guests can get into the hotel anyway from the park). You are then in the lobby. Head around to the other side of the lobby to bottom of the stairs.

The lobby at the DLH is gorgeous at the best of times, but decorated for Christmas, it just took our breath away . It is truly amazing what the chefs have done with the ingredients they have used on the gourmet decs.

If you want to head up to the atrium/lounge/Cafe Fantasia area (and DLH boutique), just head up to the next level either in the lift, or up the stairs and follow along the corridor. You can't miss it.

Wish I was there right now . I even miss the smell .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: