Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #16
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

I hate that too!! The CM tell them over and over again to move down and they just sit there. Teaching through example to thier kids on how to do what they want and not listen. Ignorant.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #17
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDudet
If you want to sit in the middle, let half of the people into the theater before you go in. Simple. In the case that people just plop themselves down in the middle of a row, I WILL walk in front of them. I say as I walk by "They told you to move to the end of/3-quaters down the row." I do not say excuse me, because they were the rude ones, and I am doing as I'm told. I do not feel bad for them. Sometimes I've been in a show where the CMs make them all stand up and move to the end of the row. It is one of my GREATEST peeves, as well as photographing or using your phone in dark rides or attractions. I'm one to say something to those people, as well.

If you want to know how I feel... Check out my signature...
I did this exact thing at philharmagic in october! There was one family in front of us, and a whole row's worth of families behind us all. This family plopped down right in the middle. I promptly said "they asked us to move all the way down please" and kind of urged them forward with my body language (as there were a lot of people waiting to move along). Also the cm's at the other side were saying please move all the way to the end of the row, please fill in all seats. They moved along :-)

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #18
Love Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladiator View Post
Just show the entire world that you are an understanding and COMPETENT human being and do what you were told to do.
You're kind of losing me. I agree that people shouldn't stop in the middle of a row when there's any kind of crowd...but because its inconsiderate to the people behind them...not because BLIND ADHERENCE TO ORDERS IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES.

Maybe lighten up a bit? Read some Laurel Thatcher Ulrich?
Love Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #19
BenKling
Mouseketeer

This is by far the worst thing that I have encountered the parks. And it irritates me to no end!

BenKling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #20
kneemeister
Mouseketeer

I have always found on most days the front few rows or the back few rows never fill up, Often times I have been the only one in a row. I wait till most people have sat down then head for one of those empty rows and then find the exact middle seat!
You may get a good show in any seat. But in any theater the best view is in the middle about a third of the way back. Oh, and If you sit in the first few rows of American Adventure, you see things you don't want to see. As in Ben and Mark, NOT shaking hands but waving there hands up and down about a foot apart.

I've lost track, two or three trips every year since 2001. With five or six trips to Disneyland thrown in for good measure, one trip even included 5 days at Disneyland, followed by three in Atlanta, then a day at the Magic Kingdom followed by a 24 hr layover at Disneyland. It was surreal doing both Magic Kingdoms in 48 hrs.
kneemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #21
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Picture it. Sicily, 1922... Oh wait. No, wrong story. That's a TV character. Anyway. I was one of about six (total) small parties in pine to see Honey I Shrunk the Audience at Disneyland a few years ago. The CM told us to sit anywhere. I sat in the last row, about 2/3 of the way down the row. A couple with a young child came in, selected tge row in front of me and - despite every seat in that row being empty - sat directly in front of me. Not the child, one of the adults. Really?

I'm not invisible, and the man looked right at me before they sat.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #22
keypooh90
Lovatic

I honestly don't understand what the big deal is. Yes, if it is crowded, we go 3/4 of the way down or so, but if it is not crowded, there is no need at all to go all the way across.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #23
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Tink View Post
You're kind of losing me. I agree that people shouldn't stop in the middle of a row when there's any kind of crowd...but because its inconsiderate to the people behind them...not because BLIND ADHERENCE TO ORDERS IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES.

I spoke with Laurel Thatcher Ulrich at length many years ago at a women's writers conference in Portland, ME. She was absolutely delightful.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #24
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

People are always in a hurry to get in the theater and I laugh each time because its like you will be sitting on the end stupid, but they are always the ones in the middle of the row. At Phillamar one time there was a Spanish speaking family arguing with the CM about moving down and I was like move down already!!! We were in the said row, and they were telling us to walk over them and I was motioning for them to move on down!! Ugh took them 15 minutes to finally move their butts and would not stop arguing either. Just so annoying.

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #25
kaligal
DIS Veteran

They weren't listening.

We had an announcement nice in Muppetvision to leave about 8 seats empty at the end of our rows because the theater wasnt crowded, which everyone did.

The guy in the row in front of me starts YELLING at the woman next to him about not having gone all the way to the end and say that since SHE didn't, HE would. The guy was seriously whacked out about it. Then his daughter told him it was okay, not to make a fuss, they had told everyone to do it. He was STILL pissed and looking at that woman.

It was kind of funny. But it made me realize that many people, including rule followers, just don't listen to the announcements.

I do hate it when people poly down and make others climb over them, but I don't wig out and start screaming. I don't try to physically harm them.

I don't think we should lose our cool (and our minds) over theater seats.

Chill out, people.
Fantasmic sucks.

Last edited by kaligal; 12-08-2012 at 10:21 PM.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #26
Nancy F
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
Actually, it is my decision. When I'm towards the back of the pack and there are few people behind me, I'm not moving all the way across. If that bothers you and you want to climb over me and trudge to the end of the row with 30 empty seats between yourself and the rest of the row, be my guest.

I don't let wanna-be hall monitors bother me.
I'm with you. LOL. I always wait to go in the row till it's half full. And I'm willing to wait to sit on the top row, middle for Soarin'. If this makes me a bad person... I don't care!
Nancy
Old 12-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #27
Sean1814
Earning My Ears

I hate it when people do this. It is very rude. I will stop close to the middle if it's not crowded and I'm not bothering anyone. Otherwise I always move all the way down. It's just respectful and courteous.
Sean1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:41 AM   #28
bladiator
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I understand how if you're the last couple people in and the theater isn't full, then get up and move. But for the most part, it's never the people coming in at the end doing this. And I'm still sticking to my point that when you hear one single solitary rule being spoken over the loud speaker many multiple times and you do exactly what you're told not to do .... there's a problem.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:19 AM   #29
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:

It is not blind adherence to orders when they also explain that the theater will be full and each seat has the same view.

Honestly, they don't have time to go into minute detail explaining the why of every rule at WDW. Or should they have to explain why it is necessary to keep your hands in the ride at all times? And why you need to keep your seatbelt on? How many of us want to hear a long lecture of how missing a hand or arm will affect your life every time we board a ride?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:21 AM   #30
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

If's it's packed, then I would move to the end of the row. When we go in January, there is hardly anyone in many attractions. We've been in Voyage of The Little Mermaid where there were about 25 people max! People sat wherever they wanted and I wouldn't expect anyone to move to the end of a row when hardly anyone was there.

Something similar has happened in the Laugh Show, Beauty and the Beast, 3D Muppets, Philharmagic. It depends on how busy the crowd is. We have even had CM's tell us, sit wherever you want.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: