Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
eeubanks
Earning My Ears

Davenport vacation rental?????

We just reserved a vacation home in Davenport. It is in the Cypress Point subdivision. On the maps it looks like it is off of Old Lake Wilson Road. We got an amazing price and the house is gorgeous with tons of amenities. But after looking at google earth, it looks like we are in the middle of nowhere. It is actually off a 2 lne road. Has anyone ever stayed in this area?? How long is it going to take us to get to the parks? We will be there end of June/July. IF we just need to go to the grocery store will it be a long drive?? From google earth it also looked like maybe they started building homes than stopped, because there looks to be empty lots. It would just make me feel much better if I heard from someone who actuallly stayed there. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
eeubanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

I thought about buying a home over there but don't know much about that area.Good luck getting the info.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

if you are close to US 27 then you are close to I4 disney is like 3 to 6 exits down this Interstate.

like the exit is 55(might be 58) (it has been a while) and disney starts at 62 - 68exits

the next exit down is 429 (tollroad) if you would rather go that way

google does not have subdivision - so need the full address - you can pm me with it

also brought a home here back in 2009 - but it took the bank 7 months to get in contact with me - I gave up 6 1/2 months.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
eeubanks
Earning My Ears

I don't have an address, but if you do a search on google for Hollywood Haven in Davenport, FL. The first result you get will show you a map. On the map it looks close to mockinbird rd and thousand oaks blvd. I'm not sure this helos any
Old 12-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

the ones I am seeing are not anywhere near Davenport - so don't think you are looking where you intended to look.

what does Hollywood Haven mean to where you might be staying?

Last edited by spiceycat; 12-08-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
KayR
DIS Veteran

Looking at Google, it will take approx 25-30 minutes to get to the Magic Kingdom parking lot, and a few minutes less to the other parks. These are Google's drive times.

There is a Publix supermarket just down the street, so it shouldn't be a long drive to get groceries. There also looks to be a few fast food places and restaurants in the area. However there is not a large concentration of restaurants/shops like you will find on the 192.

I have not been to that community, but Google maps is not always 100% up to date - don't take the look of the community from the maps, they could be out of date. Ask the owner/company that you reserved the home through what the status of the community is (ask specifically if there is any construction going on in the community. If there is, will it all be complete by the time that you are due to stay). If there is construction it is not necessarily bad - I have stayed in a home that had other homes still being built down the street (perhaps 6 or so homes away) and it wasn't a bad experience - especially if the work is just inside finish work rather than what I would call the hammer and nails construction.

Hope that helps,

-Kay
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
KayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #7
JANNYANS
DIS Veteran

Your nearest Publix is at Ovation and you can use Lake Wilson to get to the 192 or go to Champions gate where there is another Publix and some eateries although not a lot.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #8
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Not sure how far out on Lake Wilson it would be without the address, but you shouldn't be too far to the parks. We are in Davenport and Lake Wilson is very close. You are about 20 minutes from Disney, there are several Publix stores in the area. It's near Champion's Gate and the Omni resort.

There are a lot of tourists renting homes in this area, mostly British so I am guessing there are a lot of contracts from there.

Just don't move here...the schools SUCK in this area.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #9
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

thanks everyone - nice to learn something new

Old 12-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #10
eeubanks
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the reponses. I really hope I made the right choice, The home is beautiful, but I'm not sure I'm going to like being out away from everything.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #11
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeubanks View Post
Thanks for all the reponses. I really hope I made the right choice, The home is beautiful, but I'm not sure I'm going to like being out away from everything.
It's really not as far as it sounds from Disney. It's only a few exits down I-4. I say it's about a 20 minute drive from Disney, but remember Disney has a very long entrance.

Just make sure it's not too far down Lake Wilson (past Ronald Reagan). I'm not sure how long Lake Wilson is.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
BonnieP
Mouseketeer

I see that Cypress Pointe is off of Old Wilson Rd. We have stayed in Windsor Hills also Indian Ridge (both off of Old Wilson Rd.) and I knew the Publix was roughly 5 miles south from those subdivisions.

I mapquested for miles and it's 6.57 miles from Windsor Hills to Cypress Pointe. Windsor Hills is minutes from Disney property by way of Sherberth Rd. depending, of course, what park you choose to visit on any given day.
Hope the information helps.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #13
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Never stayed there, but live not far from there. You're not far (under 5 minutes) from a Publix, CVS, Subway, McDonalds, Chinese place, couple pizza chains. It's the "Ovation" area.

In the alternative, you're maybe 10 minutes from 192, which has every chain restaurant known to man (and a nice Target). Also, use the Sherbeth back roads and you can park at most of the parks within 15 minutes.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #14
eeubanks
Earning My Ears

That makes me feel much better!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #15
ClarabelleCowFan
Found Someone You Have
There's always a shortage of Barbie legs
I'm as coordinated as a drunk duck
Has never owned a guinea pig
If I see a vein I'm done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
It's really not as far as it sounds from Disney. It's only a few exits down I-4. I say it's about a 20 minute drive from Disney, but remember Disney has a very long entrance.

Just make sure it's not too far down Lake Wilson (past Ronald Reagan). I'm not sure how long Lake Wilson is.
Pretty sure that Old Lake Wilson Rd ends at Ronald Reagan.

OP - you aren't out in the middle of nowhere. As others have said, there are plenty of places to eat and shop within minutes.

To those that talked about moving to the area - yes, most of Polk county schools are not very desirable but there are some magnet and charter schools that are very highly regarded so look into those before you completely discount this area.