Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #31
stpats317
Mouseketeer

Loved your brief trip report and pictures. WL has always been on my "wish" list and we are now 58 days away from our first stay there. We're so excited and of course the time is dragging.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #32
luvlumpy
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your report! It makes me very excited about our upcoming trip to the WL. We check in on Sunday and can't wait!!
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #33
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpats317
Loved your brief trip report and pictures. WL has always been on my "wish" list and we are now 58 days away from our first stay there. We're so excited and of course the time is dragging.
Yes, those last days go soooo slow. I spent a disproportionate amount of my time on the Dis boards re-reading threads and trying to dig up new pictures. You will be there for a beautiful time of year and it will be well worth the wait.
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #34
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlumpy
Thanks for your report! It makes me very excited about our upcoming trip to the WL. We check in on Sunday and can't wait!!
Oh it is so close! It should still be pretty quiet as far as crowds are concerned. I hope you have a great time and can't wait to hear about it.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #35
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

How was the bus transportation to the other parks? I'm considering WL for a June trip, but am concerned about looooong bus rides to the Studios and Epcot because of sharing with other resorts. I love Pop because of its transportation efficiency but I haven't stayed at the WL since it opened in 1994 and am dying to go back. Since I'll have children with me in June, it seems like a great time to try it out again...but I'm concerned about forever long bus rides.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your great trip report!
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #36
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyLizzy
How was the bus transportation to the other parks? I'm considering WL for a June trip, but am concerned about looooong bus rides to the Studios and Epcot because of sharing with other resorts. I love Pop because of its transportation efficiency but I haven't stayed at the WL since it opened in 1994 and am dying to go back. Since I'll have children with me in June, it seems like a great time to try it out again...but I'm concerned about forever long bus rides.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your great trip report!
Hi, and thanks for reading and mentioning that you enjoyed our report. We found the busses to be not bad at all. For Epcot and Hollywood Studios we only shared busses on the way to the parks with the Grand Floridian, where we stopped after WL and before the park we were headed to. For the return trip to WL busses were shared with Fort Wilderness, but WL always dropped off first. Overall the trip on the bus ( once they arrived) was less than 15-20 minutes to any park. We rode the bus from POP to MK and found it to be very similar.

We enjoyed having other transportation options too, despite the busses being the fastest. We would sometimes take the boat to the Contemporary to catch the monorail then would head to Epcot or MK just like Contemporary guests. While longer than the bus it provided variety, and a chance to see different places on the way. We LOVE the location and views on Bay lake, and can't wait to go back next September.

Feel free to follow up with any other questions you may have.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #37
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Hi, and thanks for reading and mentioning that you enjoyed our report. We found the busses to be not bad at all. For Epcot and Hollywood Studios we only shared busses on the way to the parks with the Grand Floridian, where we stopped after WL and before the park we were headed to. For the return trip to WL busses were shared with Fort Wilderness, but WL always dropped off first. Overall the trip on the bus ( once they arrived) was less than 15-20 minutes to any park. We rode the bus from POP to MK and found it to be very similar.

We enjoyed having other transportation options too, despite the busses being the fastest. We would sometimes take the boat to the Contemporary to catch the monorail then would head to Epcot or MK just like Contemporary guests. While longer than the bus it provided variety, and a chance to see different places on the way. We LOVE the location and views on Bay lake, and can't wait to go back next September.

Feel free to follow up with any other questions you may have.
Thank you! We'd be there during the crazy Star Wars weekends and just making one stop before heading to DHS doesn't sound all that terrible. I had visions of stopping at all of the MK resorts before heading to a park...thanks again!
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: