Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #31
wdwmama19
Mouseketeer

I am so sorry that happened to you. I have a similar situation. My soon to be ex-DH texted me a few days before Thanksgiving and said it was over. He is in another state for work and had been for months. He still hasn't called me. We have an almost 15 month old DD so this has been hard but my family is taking me to Disney to cheer me up. I hope you are enjoying your trip and that you can find some happiness while you are down there like I hope to.
wdwmama19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #32
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Wow some harsh men out there.Its sad what they do to there wives.But life is too short to stop your life have fun and maybe one day you will meet a great man.I could share stories with you but whats the point.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #33
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Lizboo - so sorry this happened.

Life is every changing - go to MVMCP - you might have fun!

or you might laugh at all the silly people.

try people watching you might be surprised at what others do and say at WDW.

gave up on men in my 30's and have never been happier. most of friends who were married are divorced now - many gave up success careers to make their husband's happy - now some are having a hard time.

have brothers and do love them - but all the men I have meet never seem to grow up. they think of them first and everyone after, even those with families.

so good luck - I am getting to Disney when you are leaving - so can't give you a hug in person - but

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #34
hawaiian mickey
hawaiian flyer

aloha,
Don't give up on all men. There will be someone will who appreciates you.
My wife dropped a big bombshell on me. I have no idea why either. Most of her friends and cousin don't even understand why. We were married for 25 years.
We were going to WDW Dec 12 and cruising on the Fantasy Dec 15. She say's she does want to go in Feb after I took her to Tokyo Disneyland for her birthday. That's when she drop the bombshell. I found a friend to go with me but now she can't go.
So I'm soloing this trip.
I'm not going to let these event make me sad. Just the opposite I'll be getting stronger with the help of my family and the Disney life.
Life will get better I know it. An it will get better for you with God's help and your families love and support.

aloha,
hawaiian mickey
Old 12-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #35
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry you have to go through this but good for you to keep on living and enjoying life! It's good to give yourself the time to cry when you need to cry...it's a good cleansing for your soul.

Remember - you are strong and your life will go on without your ex-DH and it will still be a great life with friends, family, love, and of course WDW! It will be hard for a while but the old cliche is often true - what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!

I wish I was at WDW right now because I'd love to enjoy a dinner at LeCellier with you
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #36
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmama19 View Post
I am so sorry that happened to you. I have a similar situation. My soon to be ex-DH texted me a few days before Thanksgiving and said it was over. He is in another state for work and had been for months. He still hasn't called me. We have an almost 15 month old DD so this has been hard but my family is taking me to Disney to cheer me up. I hope you are enjoying your trip and that you can find some happiness while you are down there like I hope to.
Are you serious? He texted you that it was over? I'm not saying this is your relationship but even if your relationship was the worst ever you still deserve more than a text! What a coward! I'd drive to whatever state he was in, knock on the door, say 'seriously, a text!', and then kick him in his baby maker

I'm sorry for what you are going through but it sounds like you have a great family for support!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #37
joeyrose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
So sorry you had to hear this news from your dh.
I have been married over 20 years and with my dh for almost 30 but I guess I'm not a fully trusting person. The reason I say this is that will your dh (substitute the "d" in dh for any other "d" word LOL ) be home while you are away?

Are you giving him 5 days to clean out the house and bank accounts?
While I have no experience in this, I am not sure if I would leave the house until he (or you) were out.
i do have experience and this is exremely sound advice. disney will always be there, but your home, money, and stuff may not be there when you get back. do not underestimate what your "dh" can do to you if you are not taking care of business and yourself.

when it's over, it's over, regardless of how it hurts. take care of yourself!

addendum: i now have read more closely and see you went on. hope all is well on your trip and when you return. you are not alone, many of us have been left after many years and oftentimes many years of self-sacrifice. spiceycat has it right.

Last edited by joeyrose; 12-09-2012 at 12:07 PM.
joeyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #38
SpaceMTN79
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizboo View Post
I'm here. Yesterday was brutal. I got an upgrade on the plane because I was crying. I was nervous about everything but I made it here. And cried a lot. He is still at home so I can't really cry there. I made up for it .

I was weepy this morning but forced myself out the door and went to DTD before heading to Epcot. I didn't want to ride anything because everything reminds me of him. I'm back at the resort and going to the pool but I am debating skipping MVMCP.

I did sit next to a great couple at Le Cellist and they made me feel less lonely. I smiled at other guests and took pictures for Tami,is. I resisted the urge to throw things at happy couples. Lol
I don't know you, but after reading this thread I am incredibly proud of you for sticking to your guns and going on this trip. When you asked the question of if you should go or not, I struggled with saying yes or no. The reason being is WDW is so loved by my wife and I, we have so many great memories together there. I can't think of anyone I'd rather spend that time with.

I thought to myself, if I were in your shoes I wouldn't go, everything there would remind me of her and how happy we were. But the more I thought about it, I convinced myself that yes, I would go. To me this would be a major turning point, by going on this trip it would be like starting a new life, your post marriage life now and how great the future will be for you.

This is a new beginning, I hope you had a great time!
SpaceMTN79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #39
Irishman
Earning My Ears

WOW alll...I am new to this..Just became a member here last month.Ok..Single Dad of 1 ( boy)..Divorced for a few years now.Only see my son every other weekend ETC....This past summer we finally were able to take a trip.Orlando..Two days before I left.My girl friend " only reason you are not taking me is you are going to cheat on me".Well did not know how to take it.Angry,hurt??...I went.Guess what we had a blast.Met people from all over.Goofied around laughed like hell...Guess what "I don't need her.big world out there and disney made me laugh..So now I am in love...Belive I am going to head down myself Jan& feb.......SOLO.....THANKS ALL
Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #40
Pooh2
DIS Veteran

OP, you sounds like a courageous and strong lady! Hope your trip was the beginning of healing! Merry Christmas!
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #41
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
WOW alll...I am new to this..Just became a member here last month.Ok..Single Dad of 1 ( boy)..Divorced for a few years now.Only see my son every other weekend ETC....This past summer we finally were able to take a trip.Orlando..Two days before I left.My girl friend " only reason you are not taking me is you are going to cheat on me".Well did not know how to take it.Angry,hurt??...I went.Guess what we had a blast.Met people from all over.Goofied around laughed like hell...Guess what "I don't need her.big world out there and disney made me laugh..So now I am in love...Belive I am going to head down myself Jan& feb.......SOLO.....THANKS ALL
Good for you! I bet your son loved the trip with his dad! Your girlfriend (ex-girlfriend?) sounds insecure. I've told my husband that in the end there's nothing I can do to control him, no matter how hard I try - so why try? I have to trust him or I don't. If a significant other wants to cheat he/she will - regardless of what someone does to try to control the other one!

And - Welcome!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #42
wdwmama19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22

Are you serious? He texted you that it was over? I'm not saying this is your relationship but even if your relationship was the worst ever you still deserve more than a text! What a coward! I'd drive to whatever state he was in, knock on the door, say 'seriously, a text!', and then kick him in his baby maker

I'm sorry for what you are going through but it sounds like you have a great family for support!
Thanks loveshak22. I really wish I could kick him but that would make me no better than him. I have a beautiful DD that loves me and I will do whatever I can to give her the best. My family is also awesome. I am down here right now with my dad, sister, and best friend and it's been great. Disney has always been my happy place and I can't wait to start taking my daughter here when she is older.
wdwmama19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #43
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by js
So sorry you had to hear this news from your dh.
I have been married over 20 years and with my dh for almost 30 but I guess I'm not a fully trusting person. The reason I say this is that will your dh (substitute the "d" in dh for any other "d" word LOL ) be home while you are away?

Are you giving him 5 days to clean out the house and bank accounts?
While I have no experience in this, I am not sure if I would leave the house until he (or you) were out.
File those restraining orders! I filed for divorce, but had a cruise planned with my oldest DS (Disney, of course) less than six weeks later, and only about three weeks after ex moved out. So ex came and stayed at "my" house with youngest DS. Lets just say it wasn't pretty when I got back. I then immediately filed orders that prevented either of us from taking anything - stuff or money - until the divorce was settled. They should have been filed along with the divorce, but I didn't know any better then. He ended up with several thousand dollars that should have split, ransacked the house (still not sure what he was looking for) and hacked the computer so that he was later able to get into it remotely. Fortunately, I figured that one pretty quickly and got everything shut down.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:47 AM   #44
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Talking I'm Back and life is better than ever

I just wanted to update you all as to where I am now

The trip was hard but good in so many ways...I met Julie and she was the bright spot in a very dark time (and we are still friends on FB).

Turns out there was someone else in the picture and the months following were horrible. BUT I leaned on my friends, got some counseliing and took my butt to the gym. I lost a pile of weight but I also learned so much about myself. Getting physically stronger made me mentally stronger.

There have been some really awful things that my ex has done along the way...my separation agreement was finalized only in January of this year and when he wouldn't file for divorce, I did. I kept my house and my dogs and my sanity (well, most of the time).

AND...I have an incredible man in my life now...so I thank my ex for making room for a better man. And my BF has never been to Disney. I am not able to plan the trips like I took in the past for financial reasons, but I am here...back on the DIS...and I'm looking for deals so I can introduce my new love to my Disney.

I hope you are all doing well. I just wanted to update you all.

Thank you for all the replies, PMs, pixie dust, prayers and good vibes...
Elizabeth 2.0

December 2012 Wilderness Lodge/September 2012CBR/September 2011 Riverside/August 2011 DLP Kyriad/
September 2010 Wilderness Lodge/August 2010 Grand Californian/December 2009 All Star Movies/
Oct 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter/Sept 2008 Port Orleans Riverside/Sept 2007 Carribean Beach Resort
May 2006 ASMovies/ASMusic/May 2000 -2005 Offsite
Lizboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #45
Lizzybean
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to say you're an incredibly strong woman! Thank you so much for updating this post.

June 2014: Beach Club!
Jan/Feb 2013 at POR
July/August 2012: Fort Wilderness FUN
July 2011: Offsite
90s: Offsite

I'm addicted to the pixie dust!

ME DH DS15 DD10 DD6
Lizzybean is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: