Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #1891
ejrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdizney2 View Post
If you get the tree and would like to pass it on, I check in the 15th. :-)
Sent a pm but not sure if I was the first one. If you want, send me your info by pm now and I will certainly pass it along when we leave on the 16th.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #1892
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

Flag family

Are they doing flag family now that refurb is done?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #1893
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

We checked in about 8pm last night. Because of your advice I requested a north side inner courtyard room and I got it. We are in room 4005 which is almost at the end of the north wing. We have a view of the pool and a lot of trees. We were able to see the EWP (or whatever the acronym is for the water parade) through the trees- would have had a better view if we weren't so far towards the end.

My mom and aunt booked a woods view and got the room across the hall- 4004- they have a view of the fireworks and my aunt said she could really see the higher MVMCP fireworks.

The Christmas decorations are beautiful, the redone rooms are much lighter and brighter. Two of the desk people weren't as friendly as what you would expect, but the man who walked us in to the lodge from the car and the housekeeper who had to bring us a second air mattress because the first was broken were both super nice.

Happy to be back here and can't wait for Osborne lights tonight and MVMCP tomorrow!

Mom to DD 11 , DD 9 , DS 7

1975-2011 - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses, cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
Old 12-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #1894
lsumommaof4
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all your answers! You are the Wikipedia of the Wilderness Lodge!! I looked at the map for the deluxe room locations. Do you prefer the ones that look to be closer to bay lake or the ones that looked to be closer in?

Thanks for the wine advice! We are going Mardi Gras week so I'll bring the CM's plenty of mardi gras beads.

And to clarify your answer on the connecting doors, there are none available without them, correct? If so, my crazy husband will stack furniture against it

So glad we won't have to pack a high chair with 2 adults and 5 kids crammed in our vehicle on our lonnnnng drive!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #1895
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

So, I switched to Poly standard when the AP discount came out, got a great rate and we were set, but, I kept thinking that I really wanted to stay at the WL. Poor DH was so excited to stay at the Poly after 8 years and I just did not have the heart to tell him I wanted to go back to WL. Then, a miracle happen , the price on our return went up, so, we had to stay an extra night (what a huge sacrifice ) and I took the chance and told DH that I really wanted to stay at the WL and he told me he missed the WL too, so, we are back at the WL and I am as happy as a clam

We will be there in 21 days

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
Old 12-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #1896
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post

Were going the same time... I am planning my MVNCP off this years list, same days of the week, hope it will be the same... Waiting a whole year, it will drag by and the week there will fly by...
What days of the week does the schedule show for this year? Are you staying at WL your whole trip or doing a split stay?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #1897
disney newb
Mouseketeer

just back from 5 nights woods view

Just got back last night from a wonderful magical stay at Wilderness Lodge! We were there Sunday and left Friday afternoon. Weather was awesome... wait times were minimal. Definitely the best time of the year to go

We had a beautiful Woods view facing the woods and Villas...5th Floor. Room 5164. There are definitely pros and cons. Loved the view!! We were right next to the stairwell and so it made it easy to leave; there was an exit door towards the bottom of stairwell that was right next to the walkway that lead you to the bus stop or the other direction lead you towards the little beach area This also made it really easy to wake up early to catch the sunrise from the beach and dock area.

The only thing I didn't like was how far it was from the lobby. It was the room furthest away from everything. I didn't feel a connection to the lobby like we did our first time there We hardly spent any time there! Also going down the stairwell was a breeze but going up was a different story lol the electric water pageant was always super loud every night..as if the building and walls were paper thin!

We had requested a high floor room facing the MK but I guess at least they got 1 of 2 requests. I always wanted a room with a nice view so now I know that even though it's awesome to wake up to a great view, I'd rather have the intimate feeling and convenience of being closer to the lobby lol ... anyways, just a mini-trip report will post pics when they're finished uploading!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #1898
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

Checked in yesterday. Our beloved Lodge is gorgeous! Checked in and were told our room wasn't ready yet. The CM said she could check go see if any other rooms were available. I asked out if curiousity what our current room assignment was. Turns out it was a Bear Face room! I said, "Oh no, we're waiting!" Decided to grab a quick lunch at Roaring Forks in he hopes the room would be ready when we were done, and it was. Love our room! Great view and convenient!

Went to Epcot. Didn't do TT yet, Kook, but will report back later in the week!

Any picture or info requests while I'm here?
Old 12-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #1899
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

Emily Ann, they are doing flag family. I asked at check in,and unfortunately had been totally booked for duration of our stay
Old 12-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #1900
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKT
Checked in yesterday. Our beloved Lodge is gorgeous! Checked in and were told our room wasn't ready yet. The CM said she could check go see if any other rooms were available. I asked out if curiousity what our current room assignment was. Turns out it was a Bear Face room! I said, "Oh no, we're waiting!" Decided to grab a quick lunch at Roaring Forks in he hopes the room would be ready when we were done, and it was. Love our room! Great view and convenient!

Went to Epcot. Didn't do TT yet, Kook, but will report back later in the week!

Any picture or info requests while I'm here?
I would love pics!!!! Hoping to stay next Dec. At WL..... what are bear face rooms?
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #1901
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to see about getting added to the "lodgers log". We will be at the lodge feb. 9-14! Can't wait to see my beloved lodge, and spend time in "our livingroom" on the 4th floor. Hope it's just as we left it! Lol!

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #1902
mslhb
Mouseketeer

Just back from our wonderful stay at the WL. A few thoughts...

Room: We were in a Deluxe Room. It was halfway down the south wing on the 3rd floor. Room was awesome. Loved being close to the CL lounge vs. the ones at the end of the wings. View was good. If it would have only been a few floors higher it would have been great. The trees blocked a portion of the lake. Could still see the electrical water parade which my DH suprisingly loved. No room complaints at all.

Food: WCC, ate lunch here our 1st day. It was okay but definitely not our best meal of the trip. They now are offering the all you can eat platter at lunch even though it isn't on the menu. We just split some appetizers since we had an early dinner planned. Roaring Forks was great. Love the flat bread pizza! Artist Point, ended up cancelling our ADR here since DH wanted more park time. Territory Lounge, got one of the appetizers to go one night. Was really really good!

Transportation: I don't know if we just had extremely good luck but it was awesome! We never waited more then 5 minutes tops and often the bus or boat was there waiting when we walked up. Never had to stand on a bus. No transportation complaints at all.

CL Lounge: This was awesome and we used it way more then I expected. Love the view of the lobby and the windows off the back. We got breakfast there every morning. Loved the cappucino from the machine. In the evenings we would grab a glass of wine and some dessert on the way back to the room. All of the CM's there were super nice and friendly. This was our 1st time ever staying on-site and I worry DH is now hooked on CL for good!

Overall we had a great trip. Weather was perfect and the crowds were low. December is a great time to stay at the lodge. The decorations were beautiful. They had a photopass photographer in the lobby taking pics by the tree every night which was nice. Really loved the WL and hope to be back!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #1903
twinmom108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyann415 View Post
Are they doing flag family now that refurb is done?
We were Flag Family on Dec. 4th with Ranger Jack. They do book up very fast. We checked in on Nov. 24th & couldn't get it till 1 1/2 weeks later.

Peter Pan's #1 Fan
Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #1904
Meredisney
DIS Veteran

Location: "second STAR to the right, and straight on 'til morning"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrj

Sun.  “Enchanted”—Rated PG
Mon.  “The Muppet Christmas Carol” —Rated G
Tues.  “The Santa Clause”—Rated PG
Wed. “Winnie the Pooh” (2011) —Rated G
Thurs.  “Brave”—Rated PG
Fri.  “Secret of the Wings”—Rated G
Sat.  “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” —Rated G

I received the current resort newsletter in my email the other day.

We are leaving (home) in just a few hours. Why is this the one day my kids are sleeping in??!!! I'm ridiculously excited right now!!!!
Thanks!

Future: Disney Dream - 11/14/2014
Completed: Disney Dream Charity Preview Cruise - 01/21/11; Carnival Dream - 07/31/10; Disney Wonder - 11/05/09; Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 03/30/09; Celebrity Solstice - 11/21/08 charter pre-inaugural 2 day cruise to nowhere; Disney Wonder - 11/01/07; Caribbean Princess - 9/24/05; Carnival Fascination - 11/08/04; Disney Magic - 03/27/04; Disney Wonder - 10/02/03; Disney Wonder - 5/16/02
Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #1905
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

We checked in Friday, love it here, our first time. We did online check in, got here at 5pm, and our room had a sign on the door saying it was being made up, went in, beds made, but messy,had someone else's post it note still on the mirror with a personal note for them. The room smelled like urine, crumbs all over carpet right outside door. Called to the desk and asked if we were assigned the wrong room. Was told it was ours, but we could come back down for new one, which we did. Was really disappointed to be honest. For $350 a night, I kept thinking that should not have happened. New room is great. Tons of towel critters! Saw MK xmas fireworks from the beach tonight, very pretty!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: