Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #16
CTDisneyfan816
DIS Veteran

I've gone the first or second week the past three years. I'm leaving Monday for a week. Very good time to go. I've never even noticed Pop Warner or the cheerleaders (I normally stay at All Star Movies but this year I'm staying off-site).
Old 12-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
TexasDreamer
Mouseketeer

just got back yesterday from a week st WDW. The PW groups were no problem at all. Weather was wonderful. If fact I packed some warm weather and some cold weather clothes to be prepared for anything. All we needed were were the warm wether clothes. Wish I had packed more shorts and less long underwear.
TexasDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #18
CouchTater
Mouseketeer

Just got back today from a week long trip. In my opinion it was pretty crowded compared to previous Dec. trips. DTD was a madhouse each time we went and the MMVMCP was insanely crowded the night we went. EPCOT wasn't too bad nor was IOA. We saw a lot of teams in the parks and restaurants which in previous trips I've never even noticed them. I will avoid Pop Warner week in the future although all the kids were well behaved. Weather was awesome though
CouchTater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #19
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

We just returned, I don't think it had a huge affect on the crowds although you did know they were there.

We also ran into a very large Brazillian tour group that nearly ran my son and I over during EMH in MK trying to get in line for Space Mountain.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #20
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

We just got back as well. Probably the greatest trip we've ever had as far as ride experiences - we waited for almost nothing the entire week other than Test Track on initial soft opening day. And we rode all of the headliners multiple times. Lots of cheerleaders and PW kids running around but no real impact on our trip.

The very large groups running around singing and chanting (Brazilian tour groups, I think) were a new obstacle to dodge but all in all the first week of December was fabulous for us.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #21
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anolen300 View Post
Thinking about going first week of Dec next year. Does anyone know if Pop Warner has big effect on parks? I know the 2013 dates for it haven't been announced but knowing our luck it will be that first week.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
We were there 11/27 - 12/7 and the weather was great (not so 2010 - nearly froze ). The crowds were very low the first part of both weeks we were there and picked up toward week ends and FLE opening day.

Walked right on a lot of the rides - even went standby on Soarin once at 20min. but ended up being 10 min (unbelievable). Also went standby on Toy Story Mania at 30min. one day. Walked right on Splash Mtn. more than once. New Mermaid ride wasn't even busy (20min wait) *before* grand opening, then everyone came out of the woodwork to ride LOL.

We had a wonderful trip, great restaurant meals, great servers, no issues with transportation, just *wondefee* back home now.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: