Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Question about Pirate Night

Hi! We will be on the 3/24 4-night Dream. We have some Mickey pirate t-shirts that I love, but they go with shorts. I am thinking they might not work for dinner because of that. Do people wear shorts to dinner on pirate night? (Please don't flame me for that question. . .just trying to plan!)

I know we will want some pics with the pirate characters. Can we change into our pirates shirts after dinner (providing we don't wear them to dinner) and then still make it to the character pics?

Thanks for any info you can give me!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
lodge
DIS Veteran

For a woman, I think black shorts and black tights would pass for dinner- as long as it fits the outfit.
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero
Hi! We will be on the 3/24 4-night Dream. We have some Mickey pirate t-shirts that I love, but they go with shorts. I am thinking they might not work for dinner because of that. Do people wear shorts to dinner on pirate night? (Please don't flame me for that question. . .just trying to plan!)

I know we will want some pics with the pirate characters. Can we change into our pirates shirts after dinner (providing we don't wear them to dinner) and then still make it to the character pics?

Thanks for any info you can give me!!
People wear shorts and I certainly think it would be great as an outfit with pirate shirts and you'll miss part if the fun if you aren't playing pirate at dinner with their pirate menu. The servers are even dressed
tajz90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Thanks for the quick responses!! I may just plan on us wearing shorts and being all piratey!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
mikensarah83
Earning My Ears

For our pirate night, we saw a lot of different costumes. Yes, we did see people wearing shorts. I even saw someone dressed up as a parrot.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
Niebz
DIS Veteran

I think pirate night is the one night that no matter how you feel about the dress code it is perfectly acceptable to wear shorts.
Niebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebz
I think pirate night is the one night that no matter how you feel about the dress code it is perfectly acceptable to wear shorts.
Yes - you see everything on Pirate Night. We used to all get totally dressed for it, but now we go kind of casual.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz

Yes - you see everything on Pirate Night. We used to all get totally dressed for it, but now we go kind of casual.
Us too DD and I have Pirates of the Caribbean shirts we wear with shorts and we ordered a really cool Got Rum shirt off ebay for DH casual but still pirate...ish

I will post a pic later

Many people were really dressed up on our Dec 1 Fantasy Cruise
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Just a note and not that I am saying right wrong or in different but on the Dec 1 Fantasy cruise there were tons of people in main dining every night that it was casual cruise with jeans and shorts on some dresser than others and DCL said nothing. Definitly think the standard of dress has gone down hill, I will admit DH wears shorts on cruise casual nights but they are black dress shorts and a polo so he was more dresses up than a lot of people.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama
Just a note and not that I am saying right wrong or in different but on the Dec 1 Fantasy cruise there were tons of people in main dining every night that it was casual cruise with jeans and shorts on some dresser than others and DCL said nothing. Definitly think the standard of dress has gone down hill, I will admit DH wears shorts on cruise casual nights but they are black dress shorts and a polo so he was more dresses up than a lot of people.
I was on that same cruise and noticed the same thing. We thought the dress code was going to be really strict and decked out my entire crew every night but the last. By then, after seeing people in shorts and jeans through the week I didn't put up much a fight when my kids begged to wear jeans to enchanted garden on the last night, although I still made them wear a collared shirt. I personally don't care one way or the other, but if they are going to "allow" shorts and jeans then they should make it known to passengers in advance so they can pack accordingly.
TLLCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
CaptDadSparrow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLCanada

I was on that same cruise and noticed the same thing. We thought the dress code was going to be really strict and decked out my entire crew every night but the last. By then, after seeing people in shorts and jeans through the week I didn't put up much a fight when my kids begged to wear jeans to enchanted garden on the last night, although I still made them wear a collared shirt. I personally don't care one way or the other, but if they are going to "allow" shorts and jeans then they should make it known to passengers in advance so they can pack accordingly.
What we were told by cast members on board and our servers was that a dress code was encouraged but disney didn't want to make it absolute. They want everyone to enjoy the cruise as they would like.

I like to dress up...though I really didn't in this past trip. I was just glad others didnt care either as it made the experience more enjoyable.

CaptDadSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLCanada

by the 6th night my daughter was not willing to wear dress clothes anymore. She dressed in nice clothes on formal night and semi formal night but later in the cruise I let her wear shorts and dressy shirt to dinner. Its hard when others are dressed down to get kids to. I guess I was just disappointed in the jeans, shorts if they are nice I could care less but jeans... especially with a run of the mill t-shirts. I mean the lady next table next to us wore shorts every night they were very dressy with nice shirts, thats ok in my book.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using DISBoards
Old 12-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #13
Niebz
DIS Veteran

Well, technically jeans are completely allowed and within the suggested attire guidelines direct from Disney so I wouldn't be so quick to judge strangers for following that. It's only the shorts that aren't recommended.
Niebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:21 AM   #14
Ljbadfan
table #71

I agree, it does say jeans are ok. Every night on my Alaska cruise I wore nice jeans, a polo shirt, with dr martens. On formal night I wore suit dress pants with a red polo shirt, no one said anything about it, and my wife wore a black dress on formal night. I believe as long as the clothes are those listed on what you can wear to the restaurant, then be comfy and wear what you want.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #15
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebz
Well, technically jeans are completely allowed and within the suggested attire guidelines direct from Disney so I wouldn't be so quick to judge strangers for following that. It's only the shorts that aren't recommended.
Oh I didn't realize thanks for clarifying

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: