Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #16
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

I hate it when I double-post.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Cool I love that info about seating only after ordering. May have to try this in jan. dinner there was awesome
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #18
KCSherri
Perpetual Kid Who Always Believes in the Magic

Can I hijack this thread for a quick question, regarding BOG for lunch?

I will be visiting WDW in January for a solo trip...will it be awkward to eat at BOG for lunch? I'd hate to take an entire table for just one person...so how would that work? Does anyone know?? Do they have "single seating" anywhere??!
KCSherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #19
DVCLiz
That's me - proud defender of the Mega roll
click here to use the trolldar
We saw "I pooted" and thought it was a "New York" thing!

I ate there yesterday and I thought the line would be 30-40 minutes per the Cast Member, but as I was standing at the back of the single line, another Cast Member walked up and down saying, "Please fill in all available space. Please do not form a single line. You will NOT be cutting in front of people if you fill in all available space. There is plenty of room to the right against the wall. Please fill in all available space." I waited a minute to see if anyone would move but everyone just stood there with blank looks or ignored the Cast Member completely so I quietly stepped to the right about a foot and walked straight to the (almost) front of the line. It was about a ten minute wait, total.

It was a fun restaurant and a good meal - as I left the Cast Member was saying, "We do have some available seatings for dinner reservations. If you would like to return for a seated dinner please go the the podium and ask for a reservation." Which I did. I enjoyed lunch and dinner was fantastic!! Shrimp and scallops in puff pastry and a chocolate cream puff
DVCLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSherri

I will be visiting WDW in January for a solo trip...will it be awkward to eat at BOG for lunch? I'd hate to take an entire table for just one person...so how would that work? Does anyone know?? Do they have "single seating" anywhere??!
I'm pretty sure I remember two-tops in there, but I don't remember singles. I'd do it still.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #21
DVCLiz
That's me - proud defender of the Mega roll
click here to use the trolldar
We saw "I pooted" and thought it was a "New York" thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSherri View Post

I had lunch and dinner there yesterday as a solo. No problem. You'll be seated at a table for two and there is plenty going on around you so no one will care or notice you at all.
DVCLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #22
katt789
DIS Veteran

I went to BOG right at 10:30, when they opened at 11, and it was WORTH the wait, if you go early the waits not that bad!! Its more than worth it too

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #23
staceyeileen
Mouseketeer

I waited about 25-30 mins today right at lunchtime, 12:30. We entered the line right at the end of the bridge. When we were leaving the line was much longer. everyone in our group thought it was worth it though. Yes it's not table service but to me it's almost just as nice because they bring the food out to you. That and the atmosphere made it worth it to us.
staceyeileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #24
KingdomHeartsFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCLiz

I had lunch and dinner there yesterday as a solo. No problem. You'll be seated at a table for two and there is plenty going on around you so no one will care or notice you at all.
I completely agree. Don't let the fact that you are solo deter you from eating at Be Our Guest. I ate lunch there solo on Tuesday and it was great. I sat in the ballroom at a two-top table and it was a wonderful experience.

KingdomHeartsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #25
happytiggerfan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCLiz View Post
I ate there yesterday and I thought the line would be 30-40 minutes per the Cast Member, but as I was standing at the back of the single line, another Cast Member walked up and down saying, "Please fill in all available space. Please do not form a single line. You will NOT be cutting in front of people if you fill in all available space. There is plenty of room to the right against the wall. Please fill in all available space." I waited a minute to see if anyone would move but everyone just stood there with blank looks or ignored the Cast Member completely so I quietly stepped to the right about a foot and walked straight to the (almost) front of the line. It was about a ten minute wait, total.

It was a fun restaurant and a good meal - as I left the Cast Member was saying, "We do have some available seatings for dinner reservations. If you would like to return for a seated dinner please go the the podium and ask for a reservation." Which I did. I enjoyed lunch and dinner was fantastic!! Shrimp and scallops in puff pastry and a chocolate cream puff
Great to hear that the wait is not too long!
happytiggerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #26
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

We waited 30 mins last Monday!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #27
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

So encouraged by this thread. I think DD (age 11) and I will try our luck either next Sunday or Monday for lunch. Still trying to decide which parks to be at and when. We aren't used to such a short stay (just 2 full days plus arrival evening) to enjoy the parks.

Disney Dream - 1/12/14- 4-night Bahamian
Disney Dream - 9/26/13- 3-night Bahamian
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #28
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

DH and I are definitely going to give BOG a shot. I think we might go for 11:30 or so. We have a 4:40 'Ohana ressie that night so I think it'll work out well! Can't wait!!!

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: