Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #16
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,781

I hate it when I double-post.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14
 
stmize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Flintstone, GA
Posts: 1,869

Cool I love that info about seating only after ordering. May have to try this in jan. dinner there was awesome
__________________
stmize is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #18
KCSherri
Perpetual Kid Who Always Believes in the Magic
 
KCSherri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: KC MO/Ft Myers, FL
Posts: 578

Can I hijack this thread for a quick question, regarding BOG for lunch?

I will be visiting WDW in January for a solo trip...will it be awkward to eat at BOG for lunch? I'd hate to take an entire table for just one person...so how would that work? Does anyone know?? Do they have "single seating" anywhere??!
KCSherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #19
DVCLiz
That's me - proud defender of the Mega roll
click here to use the trolldar
We saw "I pooted" and thought it was a "New York" thing!
 
DVCLiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,726

I ate there yesterday and I thought the line would be 30-40 minutes per the Cast Member, but as I was standing at the back of the single line, another Cast Member walked up and down saying, "Please fill in all available space. Please do not form a single line. You will NOT be cutting in front of people if you fill in all available space. There is plenty of room to the right against the wall. Please fill in all available space." I waited a minute to see if anyone would move but everyone just stood there with blank looks or ignored the Cast Member completely so I quietly stepped to the right about a foot and walked straight to the (almost) front of the line. It was about a ten minute wait, total.

It was a fun restaurant and a good meal - as I left the Cast Member was saying, "We do have some available seatings for dinner reservations. If you would like to return for a seated dinner please go the the podium and ask for a reservation." Which I did. I enjoyed lunch and dinner was fantastic!! Shrimp and scallops in puff pastry and a chocolate cream puff
DVCLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSherri
Can I hijack this thread for a quick question, regarding BOG for lunch?

I will be visiting WDW in January for a solo trip...will it be awkward to eat at BOG for lunch? I'd hate to take an entire table for just one person...so how would that work? Does anyone know?? Do they have "single seating" anywhere??!
I'm pretty sure I remember two-tops in there, but I don't remember singles. I'd do it still.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #21
DVCLiz
That's me - proud defender of the Mega roll
click here to use the trolldar
We saw "I pooted" and thought it was a "New York" thing!
 
DVCLiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,726

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSherri View Post
Can I hijack this thread for a quick question, regarding BOG for lunch?

I will be visiting WDW in January for a solo trip...will it be awkward to eat at BOG for lunch? I'd hate to take an entire table for just one person...so how would that work? Does anyone know?? Do they have "single seating" anywhere??!
I had lunch and dinner there yesterday as a solo. No problem. You'll be seated at a table for two and there is plenty going on around you so no one will care or notice you at all.
DVCLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #22
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 5,595

I went to BOG right at 10:30, when they opened at 11, and it was WORTH the wait, if you go early the waits not that bad!! Its more than worth it too
__________________
In Progress Trip Reports
May 2014 (24 hr day)//Villains Unleashed!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #23
staceyeileen
Mouseketeer
 
staceyeileen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 474

I waited about 25-30 mins today right at lunchtime, 12:30. We entered the line right at the end of the bridge. When we were leaving the line was much longer. everyone in our group thought it was worth it though. Yes it's not table service but to me it's almost just as nice because they bring the food out to you. That and the atmosphere made it worth it to us.
staceyeileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #24
KingdomHeartsFan
DIS Veteran
 
KingdomHeartsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lexington, TN
Posts: 926

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCLiz

I had lunch and dinner there yesterday as a solo. No problem. You'll be seated at a table for two and there is plenty going on around you so no one will care or notice you at all.
I completely agree. Don't let the fact that you are solo deter you from eating at Be Our Guest. I ate lunch there solo on Tuesday and it was great. I sat in the ballroom at a two-top table and it was a wonderful experience.
__________________
ºoºJoshºoº


KingdomHeartsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #25
happytiggerfan
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCLiz View Post
I ate there yesterday and I thought the line would be 30-40 minutes per the Cast Member, but as I was standing at the back of the single line, another Cast Member walked up and down saying, "Please fill in all available space. Please do not form a single line. You will NOT be cutting in front of people if you fill in all available space. There is plenty of room to the right against the wall. Please fill in all available space." I waited a minute to see if anyone would move but everyone just stood there with blank looks or ignored the Cast Member completely so I quietly stepped to the right about a foot and walked straight to the (almost) front of the line. It was about a ten minute wait, total.

It was a fun restaurant and a good meal - as I left the Cast Member was saying, "We do have some available seatings for dinner reservations. If you would like to return for a seated dinner please go the the podium and ask for a reservation." Which I did. I enjoyed lunch and dinner was fantastic!! Shrimp and scallops in puff pastry and a chocolate cream puff
Great to hear that the wait is not too long!
happytiggerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #26
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!
 
Allieran3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lehighton Pa
Posts: 515

We waited 30 mins last Monday!
__________________
Just returned from a wonderful 10 day Disney Dream Vacation
Allieran3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #27
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 409

So encouraged by this thread. I think DD (age 11) and I will try our luck either next Sunday or Monday for lunch. Still trying to decide which parks to be at and when. We aren't used to such a short stay (just 2 full days plus arrival evening) to enjoy the parks.
__________________
Surprise Christmas Trip: 12/18/14-12/25/14

Disney Dream - 1/12/14- 4-night Bahamian
Disney Dream - 9/26/13- 3-night Bahamian
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #28
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH
 
wdwpirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,163

DH and I are definitely going to give BOG a shot. I think we might go for 11:30 or so. We have a 4:40 'Ohana ressie that night so I think it'll work out well! Can't wait!!!
__________________
Me (Kerri-35) DH (Jim-38)

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.