Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #511
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM View Post
Actually, if you read the fine print on the coupon, it state: "void if copied, scanned, transferred..." And the only way this pdf was created with 2 coupons on one page was that someone first printed it from the website and then scanned it. This is a big no-no in the couponing world. Even if the store cannot tell the difference, it is considered coupon fraud. Once these coupons reach corporate, they will figure it out and we will see less and less of these promotions.
Well at this point redeem redeem redeem. If the above is the case corporate has had it with us spending more money at Target and its over. I know they have gotten more of my money, I guess they won't be happy with that.
Oh yeah I'll have to go back to spend more money because that gift card can only be used at Target.
Just sayin.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #512
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Well at this point redeem redeem redeem. If the above is the case corporate has had it with us spending more money at Target and its over. I know they have gotten more of my money, I guess they won't be happy with that.
Oh yeah I'll have to go back to spend more money because that gift card can only be used at Target.
Just sayin.
I guess you missed the point that copying/scanning a coupon is considered coupon FRAUD. I know that some people not familiar with couponing are not aware of this which is why I was pointing it out. But if someone knowingly uses a fraudulent coupon, then I have nothing else to say but the best of luck to them!
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #513
LekiaHall
Mouseketeer

An update:

Just bought all of the 10 cards I need for my trip. The cashier scanned my coupon and gave it back...told me I could use the same one and/or keep for future purchase (before expire date). So, Target is not necessarily hellbent on getting these coupons back from the customers. I think they figure you'll end up spending over the $10 they give you and they'll profit in the end.

Companies that are strict about copying coupons apply unique codes to eliminate the possibility of reusing the coupons.

LekiaHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #514
Song of the South
Mouseketeer

Thank you! Just got back from Target trip #1 with 22 gift cards bought. (We printed from multiple devices at home and work.) we were allowed 4 transactions per cashier. We did 4 total in electronics and then did 4 each at two front lanes cashiers. The manager had to help DH with the last 3 because he is a new red card customer. It was not any kind of issue or problem. Tomorrow we will get the remaining cards we need. Love saving 20% on annual passes, dues, and dining!

Could not have done this without the info here! Thanks again!

SotS
Song of the South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #515
katied718
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM

Actually, if you read the fine print on the coupon, it state: "void if copied, scanned, transferred..." And the only way this pdf was created with 2 coupons on one page was that someone first printed it from the website and then scanned it. This is a big no-no in the couponing world. Even if the store cannot tell the difference, it is considered coupon fraud. Once these coupons reach corporate, they will figure it out and we will see less and less of these promotions.
I'm not sure how many of these coupons will actually reach corporate if they are handing the coupon back to the customer to use until expiration. And 2 of the cashiers I went to at 2 different stores threw them directly into the trash.
katied718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #516
SweetPeasMom2
DIS Veteran

Can Dis GC only be bought in $50 amounts? Or is that the best way to do it to max the $10 return gc?

Also, can I use the Dis GC at the Disney store to purchase a 1day hopper ticket?

DH me ds dd

Last edited by SweetPeasMom2; 12-07-2012 at 11:45 PM.
SweetPeasMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #517
britt54311
Mouseketeer

My target also has $25 disney gc.
2/2008 - SeaWorld/Universal Studios
10/2010 - Bonnet Creek
britt54311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #518
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPeasMom2 View Post
Can Dis GC only be bought in $50 amounts? Or is that the best way to do it to max the $10 return gc?

Also, can I use the Dis GC at the Disney store to purchase a 1day hopper ticket?
1. Yes, only buy $50 at a time in order to max out the discount. Even if the coupon was $10 off $100 though, Target does not sell Disney gift cards higher than $50.

2. Yes.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #519
SweetPeasMom2
DIS Veteran

Well crap. I printed it and then tried to click the link to print again and it said it was reported by Facebook users as abusive.

DH me ds dd
SweetPeasMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #520
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPeasMom2
Well crap. I printed it and then tried to click the link to print again and it said it was reported by Facebook users as abusive.
Have you tried putting the link directly in your browser? It came up just now when I tried. coupons.target.com/friends-and-fans-coupons

Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #521
maria's_mommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LekiaHall View Post
An update:

Just bought all of the 10 cards I need for my trip. The cashier scanned my coupon and gave it back...told me I could use the same one and/or keep for future purchase (before expire date). So, Target is not necessarily hellbent on getting these coupons back from the customers. I think they figure you'll end up spending over the $10 they give you and they'll profit in the end.

Companies that are strict about copying coupons apply unique codes to eliminate the possibility of reusing the coupons.
That is my opinion also. If they wanted to control it they could have.
maria's_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #522
SalandJeff
Disney Addict x2
Likes a nice hot cup of tea

Sorry if this was discussed ... how soon after you get the $10 gift card can you use it to make a purchase?

I had two transactions and it would not take the first card as payment for the 2nd transaction.

Me DH DD 10
SalandJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #523
w84no1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalandJeff View Post
Sorry if this was discussed ... how soon after you get the $10 gift card can you use it to make a purchase?

I had two transactions and it would not take the first card as payment for the 2nd transaction.
I bought my first card went outside to get the other coupon, came back in and used the first $10 gift card on my next transaction. It was about 6 minutes between transactions.

w84no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #524
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Last night I had no issues and purchased four $50 Disney GC's in four different transactions with four different coupons and used four $10 Target GC's within these sequential transactions... this left me with one $10 Target GC to use on a future trip since there is no expiry. We had a great shopping trip and found the cashiers and other staff to be extremely helpful at the Target we visited!

OT - When we were finished we left and went to Kohl's for another extremely satisfying shop...I scored a beautiful metallic brown Relic bracelet watch marked down from $165 to $66 which ended up at $43 after further discounts and I paid only $23 because I used $20 Kohl's cash. We left with $20 Kohl's cash after spending $80 further, for a future shopping trip. Sales were terrific last night...and to boot, we declared all we had and were not required to pay any duty at the border!
AKL-Oct'13:F&W & MNSSHP redo!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #525
Miz Diz
I'll give up anything, as long as it isn't ice cream
And now my head is really spinningHe can't understand why he can't get me that excited.

Just got back and they let me do 4 gift cards plus 4 $10 target card rebates in 1 transaction. He tried to do more than 4, but the system kicked out a message saying the limit was reached.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: