Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Potty-trained 2-year-old in nursery

Hi--my 26-month-old daughter is newly potty-trained and we will be cruising in early Feb. While she is potty-trained, she still needs help getting her clothes up/down before and after. Is there a bathroom in the nursery? (We will be on the Magic). I'm assuming the cast members can help her? Does anyone have any experience with this? (I know in the Club/Lab cast members are not allowed to assist with the bathroom, I would hope it's different for the little ones in the nursery).

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
lodge
DIS Veteran

I hope they let you move to the kids club!
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

I don't think she'll be old enough for the Club/Lab. She will only be 28 months and I'm thinking will still need help with her clothes after the bathroom.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
mybeachbabies
Mouseketeer

We were on the Wonder in October and my potty-trained 2 1/2 year old was in the nursery. They were awesome with him! I don't think they have a bathroom in the nursery, but they took him to the kids club to go potty. They would take him every time they check diapers. I think its like every hour or 90 mins or something like that. He still needs help with his clothing and with wiping if needed and the nursery staff took care of all of that. They also took him over to the kids club just to play sometimes since he was older. The nursery staff stayed with him to supervise while he was playing there and then they went back to the nursery. The nursery staff was awesome!

Dream 11/6/11 ~ Wonder MR 3/18/12 ~ Wonder Pacific Coast 10/7/12 ~ Fantasy Eastern 6/15/13 ~ Wonder San Diego 5/17/14 ~ Fantasy Western 6/7/14
mybeachbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybeachbabies View Post
We were on the Wonder in October and my potty-trained 2 1/2 year old was in the nursery. They were awesome with him! I don't think they have a bathroom in the nursery, but they took him to the kids club to go potty. They would take him every time they check diapers. I think its like every hour or 90 mins or something like that. He still needs help with his clothing and with wiping if needed and the nursery staff took care of all of that. They also took him over to the kids club just to play sometimes since he was older. The nursery staff stayed with him to supervise while he was playing there and then they went back to the nursery. The nursery staff was awesome!
Good to hear, thanks!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

Just confiming what PP said. We were also on the Magic (DD was 23 months, and then 26 months). The CMs took DD to the club both sailings when she told them she needed to go potty. It also gave her exposure to the CMs at the club, so much so that when we went for open house they told us that she was ready for the club eventhough she was so young. We opted against it bc of the ratios in club/lab and the much older kids.

OP DD was and is fully able to use the bathroom by herself. She attends preschool full-time and they don't help her at all. I was shocked (in a good way) when I picked up DD early one day and saw her go into the bathroom pull down her own pants, wipe herself, redress, and then wash her hands without the assistance of anyone. As parents we tend to baby our babies lol. We had no idea she could do this because we would always help her out of habit. Try encouraging her to be independent in the bathroom and she may be open to it. Children learn at different speeds and this may be something she picks up quickly. Good luck and have a great cruise

P.S. be prepared to be questioned when you use the pool. I told CMs to ask the Nursery staff if they didn't believe me that DD was potty trained. We also encounted other parents who thought we were breaking the rules because their child was the same age and not potty trained.

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Melissa S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa S View Post
Just confiming what PP said. We were also on the Magic (DD was 23 months, and then 26 months). The CMs took DD to the club both sailings when she told them she needed to go potty. It also gave her exposure to the CMs at the club, so much so that when we went for open house they told us that she was ready for the club eventhough she was so young. We opted against it bc of the ratios in club/lab and the much older kids.

OP DD was and is fully able to use the bathroom by herself. She attends preschool full-time and they don't help her at all. I was shocked (in a good way) when I picked up DD early one day and saw her go into the bathroom pull down her own pants, wipe herself, redress, and then wash her hands without the assistance of anyone. As parents we tend to baby our babies lol. We had no idea she could do this because we would always help her out of habit. Try encouraging her to be independent in the bathroom and she may be open to it. Children learn at different speeds and this may be something she picks up quickly. Good luck and have a great cruise

P.S. be prepared to be questioned when you use the pool. I told CMs to ask the Nursery staff if they didn't believe me that DD was potty trained. We also encounted other parents who thought we were breaking the rules because their child was the same age and not potty trained.
Thanks for the info! We still have almost 2 months until our cruise so hopefully by then she'll be better at getting her clothes up and down.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #8
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting this question. We are also on the Magic in February and my DS is 85% potty trained now. He'll be 27 months on the cruise. Based on how well he's doing I think he'll be 100%. Great info.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: