Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
JnDRader
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Outside Atlanta
Posts: 358

May 31, 2014 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Meet thread!

Figured I'd start a thread for our cruise! This will be my family's second cruise. We took a 4-night on the Dream this past summer. This will be our 15th anniversary trip for my wife and I and another couple that we're friends with. Exact same day and year for us! Have a 10yo daughter that would love to start trading emails with anyone of similar age and a 7yo son.

Look forward to meeting folks!

For the Facebook page send a friend request to Jason Rader and say it's for the cruise. I'm in Atlanta, GA if you need to filter out all of the other Jason Raders lol!

It's important to note that you MUST send a friend request. We can't add non-friends to the cruise Facebook page. Absolutely feel free to un-friend me once you've been added. My feelings will NOT be hurt as I'm probably one of the least entertaining people on Facebook lol!

Still PM me if you have a tween wanting on the tween's email list.

Last edited by JnDRader; 03-17-2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Added Facebook info.
JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author
 
Princess_Kayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rapunzel's Tower
Posts: 228

lol i started one too! :D and how did you know this was me? (: any way I'm Kayla and my huge "family" is going on this cruise yay! For 10 of us it's our 2nd Disney cruise and for 2 others its their 1st. It's my mom, dad, my 3 brothers (5, 7 and 8 when we go), my aunt and her son (7 when we go) my grandmother and my "aunt and uncle" (a.k.a very close family friends) and their daughter (11) when we go.

I just wanted to throw out there that I am volunteering to take upon the FE Exchange If anyone else would like to take on a meet and greet that would very much appreciated.
__________________

Dream~06/15/12 Fantasy~05/31/14
Princess_Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
JnDRader
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Outside Atlanta
Posts: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Kayla View Post
lol i started one too! :D and how did you know this was me? (: any way I'm Kayla and my huge "family" is going on this cruise yay! For 10 of us it's our 2nd Disney cruise and for 2 others its their 1st. It's my mom, dad, my 3 brothers (5, 7 and 8 when we go), my aunt and her son (7 when we go) my grandmother and my "aunt and uncle" (a.k.a very close family friends) and their daughter (11) when we go.

I just wanted to throw out there that I am volunteering to take upon the FE Exchange If anyone else would like to take on a meet and greet that would very much appreciated.
My daughter will be 12 and son will turn 9 on the cruise. Maybe we can introduce my daughter and your "cousin" as my daughter currently doesn't have any friends her age going. My son loves the idea of 3 sea days. He absolutely LOVED the kid's camp and wanted to do practically nothing else the entire cruise this past summer. He would have slept there if they'd have let him.

I'll handle the meet and greet part. Thanks for taking on the FE exchange. We missed out on it last time but will likely take part this time.
JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author
 
Princess_Kayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rapunzel's Tower
Posts: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnDRader View Post
My daughter will be 12 and son will turn 9 on the cruise. Maybe we can introduce my daughter and your "cousin" as my daughter currently doesn't have any friends her age going. My son loves the idea of 3 sea days. He absolutely LOVED the kid's camp and wanted to do practically nothing else the entire cruise this past summer. He would have slept there if they'd have let him.

I'll handle the meet and greet part. Thanks for taking on the FE exchange. We missed out on it last time but will likely take part this time.
Yeah! She'd like that! 3 days at sea is great! I might actually be able to see the ship haha. No problem I wanted to since the last cruise I took (:
I forgot 2 people! WHOOPS! My 'uncle's' oldest daughter and her boyfriend are coming with us too

If you want to take part in the FE Exchange I'll just need a little bit of information, which you can message me it. Your room #(s) The # of kids, ages and gender. The # of adults and and celebrations ^^
__________________

Dream~06/15/12 Fantasy~05/31/14

Last edited by Princess_Kayla; 12-07-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Princess_Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author
 
Princess_Kayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rapunzel's Tower
Posts: 228

I'll also need to know if there is more that 1 family in a room. For example in on our rooms there are 3 families, My grandmother, my aunt and myself. So if you have a room where there is more that 1 adult (and they aren't married) please add that in your information.

reasoning is that we gave a gift per room but there was a room with 3 grown women and there weren't enough for each of them, just one per room. (: Thank you!
__________________

Dream~06/15/12 Fantasy~05/31/14
Princess_Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
mae5731
Mouseketeer
 
mae5731's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big D, Texas
Posts: 187

I'm here! Myself (mattie), DH, and his daughter (12 at time of cruise). It'll be my second cruise....first on DCL. DH and DDs first cruise ever. Will pm FE info to Kayla.
__________________
mae5731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
mae5731
Mouseketeer
 
mae5731's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big D, Texas
Posts: 187

And if this trend keeps up, there will be no shortage of 12 year old girls on this cruise!!!
__________________
mae5731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author
 
Princess_Kayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rapunzel's Tower
Posts: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae5731 View Post
And if this trend keeps up, there will be no shortage of 12 year old girls on this cruise!!!
Lol we'll see them together in a big group ^^
__________________

Dream~06/15/12 Fantasy~05/31/14
Princess_Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 5,230

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
__________________
Disney Magic 1-20-2014
Disney Fantasy 11-22-2013
Disney Fantasy 10-12-2012
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #10
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author
 
Princess_Kayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rapunzel's Tower
Posts: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCowboy View Post
I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Thank you!
__________________

Dream~06/15/12 Fantasy~05/31/14
Princess_Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #11
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author
 
Princess_Kayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rapunzel's Tower
Posts: 228

One more thing for the FE, last time we got personalized gifts with our names on them. If you would like you can send me the name of everyone in the room and I'll put their names on the list. Please don't feel like you have to, everyone has their limits
__________________

Dream~06/15/12 Fantasy~05/31/14
Princess_Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #12
JnDRader
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Outside Atlanta
Posts: 358

Before our last cruise one of the fathers organized an email list for the kids to start getting to know each other before the cruise. My daughter loved that.

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll give the email to my daughter and make sure that as each person is added the whole group is introduced. They certainly have time! We can even split the kids into age groups to match the splits onboard.

I've created a facebook page for the cruise as well. PM me with your facebook info if interested. This worked great on our last cruise as a way for people to exchange ideas, tips, and information.
JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #13
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author
 
Princess_Kayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rapunzel's Tower
Posts: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnDRader View Post
Before our last cruise one of the fathers organized an email list for the kids to start getting to know each other before the cruise. My daughter loved that.

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll give the email to my daughter and make sure that as each person is added the whole group is introduced. They certainly have time! We can even split the kids into age groups to match the splits onboard.

I've created a facebook page for the cruise as well. PM me with your facebook info if interested. This worked great on our last cruise as a way for people to exchange ideas, tips, and information.
sent you a message on fb already (:
__________________

Dream~06/15/12 Fantasy~05/31/14
Princess_Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #14
JnDRader
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Outside Atlanta
Posts: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Kayla View Post
sent you a message on fb already (:
Sent you a friend request!
JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #15
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author
 
Princess_Kayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rapunzel's Tower
Posts: 228

2 more people from my family are coming! :D My grandmother and Father (dads side) (they're not doing the FE exchange)
__________________

Dream~06/15/12 Fantasy~05/31/14
Princess_Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: