Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #16
Familyof4lovesDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstonsmommy View Post
I know this will depend on number of days you visit, how old your children are, if you choose to do the DDP, etc but just out of curiosity.. how many character meals do you try to do on each trip? For our trip in May (we will be there for 7 nights), we have ADRs for 4 character meals but I am considering dropping one for something else. My oldest really enjoys the character meals but we find them a little repetitive after a few days into our vacation, and I usually wish I would have booked some more relaxing meals. On another note, if we are in the parks and he sees a character greeting for a character we have already met in meals then he is happy to move on if the line is long so it does end up giving us a little more times for rides.
We usually do 4-5. last time we went for 6 days and ate at CRT, chef mickeys, Ohana breakfast and garden grill. We also had Ohana dinner and coral reef.

The way I look at it is, there may be a day where they do not want to do character meals anymore why not do them now! Where else can you eat with characters?

It allows you to meet the characters without the lines, which means no character lines and more rides
Old 12-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #17
ScottOKW2K
Wishing I was working for a REAL Mickey Mouse operation !

ScottOKW2K is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #18
BreeBree
Earning My Ears

I cannot stand the character buffets, but we always do Crystal Palace for breakfast because my kids love Winnie the Pooh and the food is usually decent. We always do CRT because there is something so magical about going into the castle, I love it!

~Past Trips~
WDW Wilderness Lodge Engagement Trip 2006 , DCL/WDW Grand Floridian Disneymoon 2007, WDW Wilderness Lodge 2008, DL Grand Californian 2009, DLP Hotel New York 2010, WDW Grand Floridian 2011, DCL/WDW Polynesian 2012

Me(25)DH(38) DS(6)DS(5)DD(3)DD(2 months)

BreeBree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:51 AM   #19
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Our trip is 2 weeks long and we're on the DDP...these are the character meals we have booked -

Norway Princess Breakfast
Crystal Palace Breakfast
Crystal Palace Dinner
Cape May Cafe breakfast
1900 Park Fare breakfast

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #20
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Our must do's for character meals are; ( Oh yea, even when it's just DH and I)

Breakfast - at Crystal Palace and Tusker House - Both of these have really good breakfast choice's, and are highly consitent on food quality and service.

Dinner - Chef Mickey's and CRT - CM - for the fab 5, food is good not great but the selection is good ( most people even picky ones can find something to their liking and fun place to eat. CRT who doesn't like eating in the castle, the food has been hit of miss the last couple of visit's, here it's about eating in the castle.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #21
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

We are going for two weeks and we have a lot of character meals planned for:
CRT, Tusker House, H&V, 1900 PF, Ohanas, Crystal Palace & chef mickeys.

pascalstongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #22
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

We like doing the character meals for a few things. Meeting the characters and Mickey Waffles!

We do longer trips (14-21 days usually) so we generally do:

CRT
Crystal Palace
Ohana
Tusker House (twice usually)
1900 Park Fare (dinner only)
Chef Mickey
Arkerhaus

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #23
Hooked On The Mouse
DIS Veteran

Location: Thigh-high in snow half the year, up to the eyeballs in mosquitos the other half

To be honest, everyone in our family loves the character meals, not just the kids, so we generally do 1 or 2 per day. And our favourites we often do twice a trip; like CRT for breakfast and then later in the trip for dinner. Same with Crystal Palace. We have 3 girls so we always do Akershus too. I guess none of us are bothered by repetition. I'm guessing 10-12 per trip is about our average.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #24
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Our first trip with our kids, we did 6 in a 10-day trip. Fast forward to now, they are both Disney "adults" (12 and 10) and we're not using a dining plan--we're only planning one character meal at Crystal Palace, and possibly adding one for the morning we check out.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #25
disneydreamkate
DIS Veteran

When we have done the dining plan, we made sure to try at least two character meals per trip...sometimes three. This time around we are not on the dining plan, so it is not economical for us to do any. Plus, my youngest (7) just has never been into them anyway. I get all excited and think they are great, but he is completely underwhelmed by them. We do like buffets because he has a better variety of foods to choose from (when we use the dining plan) because he is a vegetarian and has more "adult" tastes. This next trip we have only one buffet planned (Boma) and the rest will be (hopefully) relaxed meals. It's a nice change of pace from the park action. So, I guess if my kid loved them I would try to plan at least two...on the dining plan, I would plan as many as I could, but since my kid doesn't care...none works for us.
01/2011 AKL
10/2011 POFQ 1st F&W Festival!
01/2013 AKL
02/2014 POR (AB) PHM!
disneydreamkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #26
sayheyrenee
Mouseketeer

This our daughters first trip (age2) and we are on the QSDP.

We have reserved breakfast in Norway with the Princesses. We are members of a credit union so we used our points forfree Wonderland breakfast at 1900 Park Fare (It also includes private transportation!!!) Its nice we don't have to pay/use points anywhere for herl.

I would love to do Tusker House but the only day we are doing Epcot is the only available day for us to use our Park Fare freebie. I am thinking of doing the Disney Jr characters if a discount comes along for our May package. Then I don't mind paying for another meal.
sayheyrenee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: