Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 03:35 AM   #1231
MrMom
Mouseketeer

It's 1:30 am here and I'm about to head out to Wal-mart to pick up some photo paper and magnet tape to make stateroom mickey ears.

Can't wait to crash at the hotel tonight!
MrMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:12 AM   #1232
PirateJohn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
We started our trip out with the dreaded words "aircraft has mechanical difficulties". With a tight connection in Houston things were looking bad. But, the fix was quick and we are sitting on the CA bound flight so all is good!
Those are the words no traveler wants to hear. We were due to fly in and go directly to the ship, worked great last year. However, i started to feel a little uneasy about it this year and decided to change our flight details. Leaving out in a few hours and will be in LA tonight. Hope the rest of the trip went well. See you Sunday.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 04:39 AM   #1233
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

Welcome everyone to California. It's around 2:30 am and I can't sleep. I'm making my last minute to do list and it seems like I keep adding to it more than I'm crossing off. My need to pack list is getting smaller. I've take my to do list and tried to figure out what I can do between soccer games, what places close first and what can wait till Sunday. Cr**, I just thought of 2 more things I have to do. See, if I was sleeping, those 2 things might not have gotten done. We'll be up in 4 hours to get ready for soccer games today. Who else, besides me needs a vacation?
My girls are so loving getting e-mails from some of the other kids that will be on board. Did you give them our e-mail address yet? I wonder why we haven't heard from them, we text every day. Are they in the US yet? When are they flying in? Do you think they're driving yet? Can we meet them for dinner? I'm telling you, Sunday afternoon can't come soon enough. We will get to the sports deck and meet and greet as soon as our soccer games allow and we so look forward to meeting everyone.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #1234
decked out
Pirate!

It has been a good Disboard. Thanks everyone!

Our flight from Orlando to L.A. departs in less than 12 hours. We will be leaving DS 17, DD 15, cat and dog home alone for 2 weeks.* DS 18 at college comes home at the end of week 1. How could anything possibly go wrong?

Still time left for unfinished chores, yard work, pool, haircut, housework. Then I can start packing!

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. Safe travels!

*Grandparents and extended family live very nearby, so they will be supervised and have help if needed.

01/29/09 Wonder 3-Night Bahamas; 03/28/09 Magic 7-Night Eastern Caribbean; 12/18/10 Magic 11-Night Southern Caribbean Holiday ; 09/01/11 Dream 3-Night Bahamas; 01/19/12 Dream 3-Night Bahamas; 12/9/12 Wonder 14-Night Panama Canal; 4/8/13 Wonder 5-Night Western Caribbean; 1/17/14 Magic 3-Night Bahamas; 5/16/14 Magic 3-Night Bahamas

Last edited by decked out; 12-08-2012 at 06:22 AM.
decked out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:58 AM   #1235
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Wow, that is amazing. We have two checked bags and two carry-ons for the two of us and I thought that was a bit much.
In my defense all 3 carry ons are entertainment for the flights,books,electronics,etc. and 1 is fish extender gifts 1 small checked is shoes, 1 small checked is bathroom stuff( hair fixing,makeup,tummy med,allergy med and the like) and 1 big checked is dressier stuff for dinner. Serenity' s Merida is very poofy as well as her other formal dress is pretty poofy also, they took up a lot of room. It just all added up.

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
hedgerow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #1236
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

Hello time change. The clock 5am but my body register 8am. We arrived at Fairfield Inn at 10pm/1am checked in and were upgraded to a Princess themed, theme park view room. The crew was very happy to spread out and chatter about Disneyland. We finally turned off the lights around 11/2. Our alarms are set for 7/10. I wonder how long it will take for me to quit thinking in 2 different times?

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
hedgerow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #1237
LAS2012
Earning My Ears

Safe travels everybody! Welcome Beadel! Just two more hours until we leave for the airport. We have way too much luggage. If you find you are missing something, stop by, as I have probably packed it!
LAS2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #1238
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

We are all packed. DH has a couple of things to do outside and one last trip to town. We leave for the airport in less than 3 hours!!

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #1239
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS2012 View Post
Safe travels everybody! Welcome Beadel! Just two more hours until we leave for the airport. We have way too much luggage. If you find you are missing something, stop by, as I have probably packed it!

Oh, how I can relate! 3 carry-ons and 2 checked is our final count for our family of four. I've gone through the "do we absolutely need this?", and the answer is always "yes!". Can't wait for tomorrow morning!
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #1240
Chinook
Sail Away

DH teased me yesterday when I said I need a second (small) checked bag. He just came downstairs after finishing packing and said he also needed a second checked bag! At least we are getting dropped at the airport. No parking to deal with. Off to the airport in just a couple of hours. Safe travels everyone! See you on the ship tomorrow!!!
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #1241
adnil530
I'm someone's special someone....he's special too.

At the airport! LAX about 75 mins away. Both checked bags weighed in at 49 lbs each!

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013 Disney Cruises:Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite;
Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; DL celebrating daughter's 18th B'day May 16, 2014; Wonder May 17, 2014 2 Nt to Nowhere; Wonder b2bMay 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico
adnil530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #1242
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerow

In my defense all 3 carry ons are entertainment for the flights,books,electronics,etc. and 1 is fish extender gifts 1 small checked is shoes, 1 small checked is bathroom stuff( hair fixing,makeup,tummy med,allergy med and the like) and 1 big checked is dressier stuff for dinner. Serenity' s Merida is very poofy as well as her other formal dress is pretty poofy also, they took up a lot of room. It just all added up.
If I knew how to do smiley faces on the iPad I would have put them on there. Whatever you think you need on the cruise is just the right amount. Anything less and you'd be worrying that you left something home you really needed.

Hey the old fashioned way works. Our NASA presentation to the local elementary school went well yesterday and we enjoyed spending the evening with DW's cousins/uncle. We are gathering ourselves up for the drive from Ontario to Anaheim and DL!

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #1243
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

TOMORROW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMom View Post
It's 1:30 am here and I'm about to head out to Wal-mart to pick up some photo paper and magnet tape to make stateroom mickey ears.

Can't wait to crash at the hotel tonight!
I don't wonder! Didn't you stop pulling 'all nighters' after college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Those are the words no traveler wants to hear. We were due to fly in and go directly to the ship, worked great last year. However, i started to feel a little uneasy about it this year and decided to change our flight details. Leaving out in a few hours and will be in LA tonight. Hope the rest of the trip went well. See you Sunday.
GOOD IDEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by decked out View Post
Our flight from Orlando to L.A. departs in less than 12 hours. We will be leaving DS 17, DD 15, cat and dog home alone for 2 weeks.* DS 18 at college comes home at the end of week 1. How could anything possibly go wrong?

Still time left for unfinished chores, yard work, pool, haircut, housework. Then I can start packing!

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. Safe travels!

*Grandparents and extended family live very nearby, so they will be supervised and have help if needed.
They will probably surprise you by being UBER responsible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnil530 View Post
At the airport! LAX about 75 mins away. Both checked bags weighed in at 49 lbs each!
Ayuh. And where are you going to put the stuff you acquire on the trip??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Totally stressed out!!
1) Have not packed yet.
2) I found out LAST NIGHT that DD's been assigned a secret santa for her gym's end of year party that she'll NOT be attending. I have to buy a gift, wrap it and deliver it to gym by end of practice tonight (in exactly 80 minutes).
3) Have not packed yet.
4) We're hosting a dinner for DH's family TONIGHT - I think for an early celebration for DH's birthday (he'll be on the cruise).
5) Have not packed yet.
6) DD has a music lesson, a birthday party AND an optometrist appointment tomorrow all before a holiday dinner we're also hosting for our close friends.
7) Have not packed yet.
8) Can anyone believe NOW, 2 days before we leave, DH decided that we really should do the ruins at Costa Maya before we head over to Tropicante???

I just need a vacation... but for now, I have to run and get that secret santa gift!

PS Did I say we haven't packed yet???

PPS - glad to hear everything is getting here safely with no issues. Enjoy DLR for those heading that way! See you all REAL soon!
Can I just say

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadel View Post
We just discovered this forum. I am so happy to find out so many other members of this forum will be on the Wonder Panama Canal Cruise. My husband and I are in our 60's and have a 10 year old son. Long story. Our children's ages range from 50 to 10. We just started laundry and packing today. We discovered that we cannot find one of my son's black shoes and his slacks do not fit (different brand than usual.) I suggested we go shopping in the morning for another pair of shoes and more pants. My husband is threatening to stay at home as it is chaotic here. Of course we are way over packing. I hope we get to meet some of you on the cruise. It is too late for us to sign up for the various experiences planned by the group but hope to meet up with some of you. Anyone with a child our son's age, I hope they can make friends.
Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
It's 3 am and we're on our way !
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAa. Safe journey!

Had a lovely dinner last night with Jsails & her DH (who is a sweetie) at 22nd street landing.

Doubletree is LOVELY and in a beautiful area right on the marina. Yesterday, I walked to Cabrillo Beach and back. Today, tea at the Queen Mary and then walk up to Ports of Call. . . or maybe back to Cabrillo to the little Aquarium.

Happy Day all! And safe travels to those on the road and in the air!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #1244
RoxyHive
My first cruise ever!

Welcome all to California!! We are packing the rental car for our drive from San Jose to LA this morning.

This should make many of you feel better we 3 have 6, yes SIX large suitcases/bags and 3.5 carryon bags to Tetris into the minivan along with my parents and their luggage!!

At least 2 are duffels with FE gifts and diaper supplies not to return with us but not sure if we will be be returning on our post WDW flight with all of our clothes as fun souvenirs get first bid. Perhaps if I ever get the blessing of taking a second cruise I will learn how to pack less stuff?! :-)

Safe travels everyone!!!
RoxyHive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #1245
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyHive
Welcome all to California!! We are packing the rental car for our drive from San Jose to LA this morning.

This should make many of you feel better we 3 have 6, yes SIX large suitcases/bags and 3.5 carryon bags to Tetris into the minivan along with my parents and their luggage!!

At least 2 are duffels with FE gifts and diaper supplies not to return with us but not sure if we will be be returning on our post WDW flight with all of our clothes as fun souvenirs get first bid. Perhaps if I ever get the blessing of taking a second cruise I will learn how to pack less stuff?! :-)

Safe travels everyone!!!
Tetris into the minivan - love it.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread