Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #2536
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I do think that the current Disney Leadership is doing a GREAT job on improving all the parks, and by buying all these new ventures ( Marvel, Star Wars etc) and digging deep into their pocket I must add, I'm sure they will keep coming up with stuff to add to the parks
I do agree, I just a) Don't want others (i.e. Universal) to move ahead (Disney is good about keeping everyone on the edge of their seat). and b) Disney must still remember nostalgia, not just the "NEW" but also the "IMPROVED".
They also must come up off the penny pitching and money hoarding and provide better rates and better perks. I LOVE going to WDW, I just think the place is beyond spectacular, but and however. . . at this point they need to provide BOTH a price decrease (at the very least no increase) and a more perks. Staying on sight, Disney dining, souvenirs. . . these are all perks for me in and of themselves, the price point is just far out of hand. #stepsofsoapbox (sorry)
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:56 AM   #2537
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jill, have a safe a Magical trip, if you need us we are here try not to spoil the little Princess too much, if ever your in doubt go with your gut feeling it will show you the way
Thanks! We're at a hotel in Jacksonville, FL right now. DH and DD are sound asleep but I'm too excited... I just want to get on the road and get to WDW already! I kept telling everyone this trip was for DD but obviously that was a lie.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 06:51 AM   #2538
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
I do agree, I just a) Don't want others (i.e. Universal) to move ahead (Disney is good about keeping everyone on the edge of their seat). and b) Disney must still remember nostalgia, not just the "NEW" but also the "IMPROVED".
They also must come up off the penny pitching and money hoarding and provide better rates and better perks. I LOVE going to WDW, I just think the place is beyond spectacular, but and however. . . at this point they need to provide BOTH a price decrease (at the very least no increase) and a more perks. Staying on sight, Disney dining, souvenirs. . . these are all perks for me in and of themselves, the price point is just far out of hand. #stepsofsoapbox (sorry)
I hear you loud and clear. The EMH was a nice perk, but they have even shortened those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Thanks! We're at a hotel in Jacksonville, FL right now. DH and DD are sound asleep but I'm too excited... I just want to get on the road and get to WDW already! I kept telling everyone this trip was for DD but obviously that was a lie.
We don't stop and drive thru the night to arrive at 6:00 AM or so. I suggested to DW that we leave earlier and arrive at midnight and sleep in th lobby at the resort. She said no.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #2539
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Your not the only one to use your child as a an excuse for DIsney You all be safe, and enjoy the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I hear you loud and clear. The EMH was a nice perk, but they have even shortened those.

We don't stop and drive thru the night to arrive at 6:00 AM or so. I suggested to DW that we leave earlier and arrive at midnight and sleep in th lobby at the resort. She said no.
Okay, now this brings to mind that show WifeSwap, ya know where they take the wife from two families and switch em? We should do a Disney version, where two families take a trip at the same time, but have to tour as the swapped moms or dads has instructed, because my hunny won't let me arrive at 1 a.m. either
Commando Member #216

Old 12-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #2540
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Okay, now this brings to mind that show WifeSwap, ya know where they take the wife from two families and switch em? We should do a Disney version, where two families take a trip at the same time, but have to tour as the swapped moms or dads has instructed, because my hunny won't let me arrive at 1 a.m. either
Maybe we can pitch the idea to Disney and get a free vacation out of it as well.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #2541
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Maybe we can pitch the idea to Disney and get a free vacation out of it as well.
I like your thinking!!!
Commando Member #216

Old 12-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #2542
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

In my Commandoish ways I have arranged a little Christmas magic to our block, I arranged that Santa will be coming to our house next Sun night on a Firetruck, all the kids on our block will be here (around 10 of them) for what they think is to watch Christmas movies and playtime

Every year the fire Dept has a fundraiser where they ask for a $10 donation to stop at a house and you give Santa a present to give to the child, since we will have a bunch of kids, I tell everyone it's $10 per child and they get a really nice donation Everyone is Happy, Happy, Happy
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #2543
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

I came up with a plan for the next WDW trip, 5 days of WDW (although I might get a 7day pass in case we want to go a couple of non Disney nights), Gatorland, 1day at Buscsh Garedens and water park, 1 day at Seaworld and water park, and we will try 2 days at Universial (DS has never been there) we will get in on a Sun and head home the following Weds, and will stay at All Star Movies the whole trip
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #2544
TunaSled
No Windows and No Doors

Please add me to the WDW Commando club! Ten-HUT!

WDW Commando Club member #220

TunaSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #2545
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaSled View Post
Please add me to the WDW Commando club! Ten-HUT!
You are member #220, I see your sig says 8 days since the Magic, is there a story to tell

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 12-08-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #2546
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I came up with a plan for the next WDW trip, 5 days of WDW (although I might get a 7day pass in case we want to go a couple of non Disney nights), Gatorland, 1day at Buscsh Garedens and water park, 1 day at Seaworld and water park, and we will try 2 days at Universial (DS has never been there) we will get in on a Sun and head home the following Weds, and will stay at All Star Movies the whole trip
That sounds fun, busy, but fun! I have a few Commando tips for Universal as we have always done 2 days there. (I have not been since the addition of HP though).
Commando Member #216

Old 12-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #2547
TunaSled
No Windows and No Doors

Quote:
You are member #220, I see your sig says 8 days since the Magic, is there a story to tell
Of course there is a story, isn't there always?

We hung out with friends during our trip (a family who vacationed at the same time and met up with us) and being that they have two darling little girls, ages 4 and 5, we couldn't "commando" like we usually do (myself, DW, DS12). So on our very last day we broke away and used our first park hoppers ever to crash DHS at open, bang out TSM 2x, ST 2x, RnRC, and ToT 2x before the crowds even got there. A 20 minute walk brought us to Epcot and we're lunching in Norway by noon! Grab Soarin' FP, ride Nemo then hop the mono to T&TC. Ferry to MK, parade taping day so we had the whole back of the park to ourselves! Managed all three mountains twice each, HM 2x, then the path was clear to POTC. Coffee on Main St, mono back to Epcot for Soarin', dinner, MS and fireworks! Feet blisters. That's my recent commando story.

I'll share this as well, since it was our largest dose of pixie dust probably ever! We got a resort upgrade! ASMu family suite right next to transportation, overlooking the pool! This certainly wasn't the room I PAID for...

WDW Commando Club member #220

TunaSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #2548
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
That sounds fun, busy, but fun! I have a few Commando tips for Universal as we have always done 2 days there. (I have not been since the addition of HP though).
I know nothing about Universal, the last time we were there was 10 yrs ago, I was mad the whole time thanks to the Great parking garage they have, some little kid almost got clipped by a car speeding though the garage, that kinda put me in a foul mood for the day and just wanted to leave, I hope they put some speed bumps in by now, it's weird how something that really doesn't effect you can have such a impact on your day

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #2549
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaSled View Post
Of course there is a story, isn't there always?

We hung out with friends during our trip (a family who vacationed at the same time and met up with us) and being that they have two darling little girls, ages 4 and 5, we couldn't "commando" like we usually do (myself, DW, DS12). So on our very last day we broke away and used our first park hoppers ever to crash DHS at open, bang out TSM 2x, ST 2x, RnRC, and ToT 2x before the crowds even got there. A 20 minute walk brought us to Epcot and we're lunching in Norway by noon! Grab Soarin' FP, ride Nemo then hop the mono to T&TC. Ferry to MK, parade taping day so we had the whole back of the park to ourselves! Managed all three mountains twice each, HM 2x, then the path was clear to POTC. Coffee on Main St, mono back to Epcot for Soarin', dinner, MS and fireworks! Feet blisters. That's my recent commando story.

I'll share this as well, since it was our largest dose of pixie dust probably ever! We got a resort upgrade! ASMu family suite right next to transportation, overlooking the pool! This certainly wasn't the room I PAID for...
Sweet, I never did the walk from HS to Epcot, I've seen the path, we usually take the boat, but you probably made better time, since the boat makes a couple of stops, and you did better then the bus besides the wait you would have to enter at the main entrance.

Your day is a perfect example of "You never know what you will encounter" and no matter what you have planned for the day, it can change, you were aware of what was going on. came up with a plan and made it work, getting a lot more then usual done, This has been my favorite way of touring the last few trips and it has paid off

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #2550
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

I've been back from WDW now for almost a month, but for the next trip (August) I already have some things to look into

- New Test Track
- New Fantasyland (although I already have done it, it was a dress rehearsal so I'm sure on a everyday tour things are done differently and more things are added)
- Be Our Guest, I've seen it 1st hand, looks cool, but I'm not sold on the menu, need feedback on the food, and if there is any kind of show, although I'd really like to eat there, I'm on the fence on if it is all the hype

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: