Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #46
bluehawaii19
Mouseketeer

I am a huge water drinker so I often times will order water at a restaurant. We ate at a dinner before we left for the vacation (I am from Ontario, Canada but we always fly out of Syracuse, NY because we live so close to the border). My mom had ate there before with some relatives and really enjoyed it so we stopped in. I ordered a glass of water, took a sip, and it was absolutely horrible. My mom tried a sip and suggested I get something else to drink.

When I requested Sprite or 7-Up (the only soda I will actually drink is a lemon based soda (even Sierra Mist), they were all out of those (something to do with their soda fountain or something) and only had Pepsi and Diet Pepsi left (which I hate both). Fortunately, I had a bottled water in my car with me that I brought in and drank from that.

The water was horrible... they should have been able to offer more than Pepsi and Diet Pepsi though or they should have had bottled water for customers.

bluehawaii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #47
tony67
I always get odd looks when I put mayo on my fries
Ask for Pepe - "The Master"

So how long is this lasting for people?
I think I am getting better - but feeling a little dizzy today

I started with this Sunday morning and just thought it was a reaction to the food at la Hacienda the night before

I had eaten at La Hacienda the week before and had the same issue the following day and had thought it was just a reaction to the extra spicy sauce I had requested

This time though it has been several days so I think the La hacienda thing is just coincidental

If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always depend on the support of Paul.

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.”

Be seeing you.
tony67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #48
bluehawaii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony67 View Post
So how long is this lasting for people?
I think I am getting better - but feeling a little dizzy today

I started with this Sunday morning and just thought it was a reaction to the food at la Hacienda the night before

I had eaten at La Hacienda the week before and had the same issue the following day and had thought it was just a reaction to the extra spicy sauce I had requested

This time though it has been several days so I think the La hacienda thing is just coincidental
Mine lasted about 2 days. I had nausea within 3 hours the first day. The second day, I just was very weak and tired, had a loss of appetite and still had some nausea, and had diarrhea (yellowish color) so I stayed in and rested the entire day. By the third day, I was feeling much better.

My body was just very weak on the second day. I couldn't even throw a pillow off the bed without getting tired.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #49
tony67
I always get odd looks when I put mayo on my fries
Ask for Pepe - "The Master"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehawaii19 View Post
Mine lasted about 2 days. I had nausea within 3 hours the first day. The second day, I just was very weak and tired, had a loss of appetite and still had some nausea, and had diarrhea (yellowish color) so I stayed in and rested the entire day. By the third day, I was feeling much better.

My body was just very weak on the second day. I couldn't even throw a pillow off the bed without getting tired.
Ok thanks - I did not have the weakness or the need to rest so much- but I suspect I have had it for several more days do to the long flight home with no sleep and going to work at 5:30 every day this week

Hopefully it is almost over and the rest of my family does not get it

If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always depend on the support of Paul.

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.”

Be seeing you.
tony67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #50
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehawaii19
I have been coming to Walt Disney World for the last 24 years and have eaten at many of the restaurants on property.

This year, we decided (after becoming APH) to visit in October/November which means we visited the Food & Wine Festival a couple of times. The first, my mom used a snack credit for the baklava and really enjoyed it.

Last night, I bought the Lamb Chop (from Australia) (she charged me instead of using a snack credit). It was good but very rare (which I am not used to). Some of it was more cooked than other parts and one part was so rare it was almost dripping with blood. It was alright and I actually didn't like the mint pesto and potato crunchies topping. After a couple of hours, I ate some of the ravioli from Italy (which was fantastic) but couldn't finish it because I started to get really full. After about 3-4 hours (around the time Illuminations began), I started feeling nauseous to the point I had to keep putting my head down and missed some of the fireworks. I also had a fever

It has been almost 24 hours and thankfully the nausea has subsided (not by a lot though) and there was no vomiting at all. However, I have had diarrhea which was a very pale yellow colour (sorry for the kind of gross info).

My mom came back to the room a few minutes ago and said she talked to a woman who's daughter was also sick (from eating a salad) and had to go to the hospital.

I have a feeling it was the lamb that got me sick but you never know.

The worst part is we are leaving tomorrow. I hate being sick in bed while on vacation
Well, we are here right now and my son got violently ill last night. He was fine and all of a sudden he started vomiting and had diahrea for about 6 hours straight. Thank goodness he slept all night and he woke up as good as new.
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 PM   #51
bluehawaii19
Mouseketeer

I was perusing the Disney Food Blog website and was viewing the Food and Wine menus and photos. I came across one someone took of the grilled lamb chop and it looks way more cooked than mine did. It looks like it is possibly medium or maybe rare while mine was bordering on raw.

Also, the lamb had absolutely no flavour whatsover. I had to add salt and pepper to it to even get any taste from it.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/austra...wine-festival/

Like I said, I got symptoms around 3 hours after consuming the lamb (the people in my party said they would have returned it (after I ate it of course)) which included nausea, diarrhea, and weakness. It lasted for just over 24 hours and I was fine after that.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #52
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

Ask your doctor for a perscription for Cipro before you leave on a trip. It will clear up most food related baterial infections. Now with a virus...you are out of luck. It helped me when came back from Cancun this year. And I didn't drink the water. Glad I had it with plenty of Pepto!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #53
grafxgirl
DIS Veteran

I'm a preschool teacher. I was exposed to a stomach virus because so many of my students were sick. Guess what? Wouldn't you know I get the virus on the way down to Disney, and spent the first 3 days sick.

grafxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #54
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

Glad we are not the only ones to get this. I started on Monday and had it through Wednesday. not getting sick anymore but don't feel 100% yet and don't have all of my energy back yet. Wasn't sure if it was a virus or just a reaction to the food but my son came down with it tonight... So virus it is
Old 11-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #55
dznygurl
Mouseketeer

Literally just got home from our trip. We had to pull over twice for my oldest son to vomit. He started feeling queasy right before we boarded the airplane. I first assumed all of our yummy treats and meals from the week just caught up with him. Now I am worried he has a virus. Guess only time will tell if the rest of us start with it. So far the rest of us feel fine (fingers crossed it stays that way).

1989 1st trip to WDW
2000 POFQ (Thanksgiving)
2002 POR (4th of July)
2006 Silver Lakes Resort (Mardi Gras)
2009 Windsor Hills (Mardi Gras)
2010 AKL (just the girls)
2012 AoA (Thanksgiving)
dznygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #56
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

We wash our hands frequently and take reasonable steps to avoid touching things that other people may have touched since a lot of viruses are transmitted that way. It is a little distressing but out in public it does help to treat every handle, knob, button and even doors as something that could be contaminated.
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #57
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer1954
We wash our hands frequently and take reasonable steps to avoid touching things that other people may have touched since a lot of viruses are transmitted that way. It is a little distressing but out in public it does help to treat every handle, knob, button and even doors as something that could be contaminated.
That's great! We do too... But it still found us!! :-(
Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #58
bluehawaii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
That's great! We do too... But it still found us!! :-(
Yes, I wash my hands quite frequently as well, considering how many germs get passed around, people don't wash their hands after going to the restroom, etc. I also carry hand sanitizer around with me when I am unable to wash my hands.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: