Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #2521
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

I was telling Randall that I was thinking about writing a WDW touring book even had the name and some chapters for it, I can't list some of the one's I came up with

Title - Touring WDW I Wouldn't Do It Like that at All

Some Chapters-
- How To Put A Touring Plan Together
- Your Not The Only One There
- Let Me Know How That works Out or Why Your Plan Might Not Work
- How To Dine Like A King
- Magic Doesn't Always Find You, Things To Look For To Find Magic
- How To Use Park Hopping To Your Advantage
- Things You Might Want To Skip
- Useful Things To Know
- How 5 mins of research may change your day
- Timing Is Everything
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 12-01-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Disney Commando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #2522
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

Someone asked me today - How many more days till your next Disney trip, I knew but I just can't get excited about it yet, 246 more days
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #2523
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer
 
Xclusive2WDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I was telling Randall that I was thinking about writing a WDW touring book even had the name and some chapters for it, I can't list some of the one's I came up with

Title - Touring WDW I Wouldn't Do It Like that at All

Some Chapters-
- How To Put A Touring Plan Together
- Your Not The Only One There
- Let Me Know How That works Out or Why Your Plan Might Not Work
- How To Dine Like A King
- Magic Doesn't Always Find You, Things To Look For To Find Magic
- How To Use Park Hopping To Your Advantage
- Things You Might Want To Skip
- Useful Things To Know
- How 5 mins of research may change your day
- Timing Is Everything
I would read it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Someone asked me today - How many more days till your next Disney trip, I knew but I just can't get excited about it yet, 246 more days
It's a Disney trip, sure you can I feel you though, I'm running out of things to "hypothetically" plan
__________________
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #2524
jmm476
DIS Veteran
 
jmm476's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando
Someone asked me today - How many more days till your next Disney trip, I knew but I just can't get excited about it yet, 246 more days
We'll be there in just 4 days! Does anyone have advice for MVMCP? This will be our first time attending the party. Also, if anyone has suggestions for how to best tour the holiday events at the other parks, please share!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #2525
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
We'll be there in just 4 days! Does anyone have advice for MVMCP? This will be our first time attending the party. Also, if anyone has suggestions for how to best tour the holiday events at the other parks, please share!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Anyone touring this time of the year and say they will not be touring Commando most likely is fooling themselves, this time of year has the most stuff going on that no one wants to miss, everywhere you turn there is magic happening, I have done Dec at WDW and it was my most challenging but best trip ever, today I'll start with outside of MK.

- Epcot probably the most challenging of all park if you want to go to all the storytellers in the WS, from what I remember it went something like this, Mexico had the 3 Kings, Norway had a trick playing Santa, Chinia had The Monkey King, Germany had the Nutcracker, Italy had a Witch, US had Santa & Mrs Clause, Morocco had The Drummer Boy, Japan had something with Dolls, France had a Santa, England had Father Christmas, & Canada had a Santa that wore a flannel shirt
The hard part is trying to see everything since they don't run on times that you can just go from one to another.

- HS you have the Osbourne Lights this is something you want to see a few times from different areas, it's like a whole different show

- AK, besides The Jungle Jangle Parade, In Camp Mickey the M & G's are Christmas, characters include Mickey & Minnie, Chip & Dale, Donald , Near Dinosaur you can meet Santa Goofy & Pluto, and on the landing Pooh & Friends, all these are something to think about when at MVMCP since you can get these characters here if you don't visit Pooh & Friends or Mickey & Minnie during MVMCP

- Then you have the resorts, I found the best ones to check are on the monorail line and the Boardwalk resorts

- And of course DTD nothing like shopping somewhere that you already love all decked out to put you in the mood
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #2526
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
We'll be there in just 4 days! Does anyone have advice for MVMCP? This will be our first time attending the party. Also, if anyone has suggestions for how to best tour the holiday events at the other parks, please share!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
For the MVMCP it depends on what your looking to do, myself I go for the M&G's, parade & fireworks.

This is how I would do it, 1st get your Sorcerer card by the firehouse it will be closed but you get them from the CM's outside, since I know you really want to see Cinderella's M&G that would be where I would start, then do Scrooge Duck next door, I would then go to Duffy's M&G at the Riverboat dock, then Tiana behind the Christmas ornament store, Big Al & Wendel across from the shooting gallery, Alladin & Jasmine in there normal spot, Capt Jack Sparrow by POTC, and the 7 dwarf miners over in the M&G spot near the exit of splash Mountian

If you are making good time and still have some extra time before fireworks start at 9:30 I would visit the Fairy's they might add a few more for MVMCP

After the fireworks I would go to the Phinias & Ferb M&G next to Space Ranger Spin, then over to Pooh & Frinds, once again if you have some time the Characters in the Big Top tent (Minnie, Daisy, Goofy, Donald) although they are not dressed for Christmas have no wait.

I would then catch the parade near Frontierland and after the parade escape into Adventureland and head for the front of main Street to see Santa & maybe the Princess M&G a couple years ago when we meet them at the MVMCP the Prince's were with them


Remember you only have 5hrs, so time is precious, I would skip the 1st parade ( a lot of people do the 1st parade & fireworks and then leave), I would also skip the Hot Chocolate & cookies (lines are usually long), IMO it is not possible to get everything done during the 5hrs ( I've tried) There are also a few shows, and dance parties going on during the night.

The best advice I can give to you, is REALLY plan out what you want to do during MVMCP and try to stick with getting it done while having fun
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #2527
jmm476
DIS Veteran
 
jmm476's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
For the MVMCP it depends on what your looking to do, myself I go for the M&G's, parade & fireworks.

This is how I would do it, 1st get your Sorcerer card by the firehouse it will be closed but you get them from the CM's outside, since I know you really want to see Cinderella's M&G that would be where I would start, then do Scrooge Duck next door, I would then go to Duffy's M&G at the Riverboat dock, then Tiana behind the Christmas ornament store, Big Al & Wendel across from the shooting gallery, Alladin & Jasmine in there normal spot, Capt Jack Sparrow by POTC, and the 7 dwarf miners over in the M&G spot near the exit of splash Mountian

If you are making good time and still have some extra time before fireworks start at 9:30 I would visit the Fairy's they might add a few more for MVMCP

After the fireworks I would go to the Phinias & Ferb M&G next to Space Ranger Spin, then over to Pooh & Frinds, once again if you have some time the Characters in the Big Top tent (Minnie, Daisy, Goofy, Donald) although they are not dressed for Christmas have no wait.

I would then catch the parade near Frontierland and after the parade escape into Adventureland and head for the front of main Street to see Santa & maybe the Princess M&G a couple years ago when we meet them at the MVMCP the Prince's were with them


Remember you only have 5hrs, so time is precious, I would skip the 1st parade ( a lot of people do the 1st parade & fireworks and then leave), I would also skip the Hot Chocolate & cookies (lines are usually long), IMO it is not possible to get everything done during the 5hrs ( I've tried) There are also a few shows, and dance parties going on during the night.

The best advice I can give to you, is REALLY plan out what you want to do during MVMCP and try to stick with getting it done while having fun
Thanks for the touring plan. My priority M&Gs are definitely Cinderella and the Tremains and Scrooge McDuck (heard he hadn't been there the last few years, but back this year so seems important to get him if we never make it back at this time of year). If time allows, I would love to get the princesses with their princes, but nervous about traffic at that point with people lining up for the first parade. If it were just adults, I would definitely stick around for the second parade, but I'm not sure if DD will make it that long. Some nights she's wide awake at midnight and other nights, she's asleep by 9. We're kind of taking a big chance with going to MVMCP, but I figured it was worth the chance just in case she's wide awake and ready to party on her birthday!

I'm really looking forward to the fireworks though, that's definitely a priority!

I think Kenny the Pirate has a schedule on his site for the Epcot storytellers so you can hit them all in one day, but it requires a little bit of backtracking if I remember correctly. Not sure I can handle all of them in one day though, I think that would drive DH crazy.
__________________
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #2528
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post

I think Kenny the Pirate has a schedule on his site for the Epcot storytellers so you can hit them all in one day, but it requires a little bit of backtracking if I remember correctly. Not sure I can handle all of them in one day though, I think that would drive DH crazy.
I wish I would have found that schedule when we did the storytellers a couple years ago, I would have been all over it, but in the end we did see all of them, with 2 days of hopping to Epcot, A big part of not getting to see some of the storytellers had to do with the Test Track, that is my son's all time favorite ride and we kept leaving WS to go ride TT but I'm not complaining it's the TT, this year it was kinda sad to have to tell him it was closed on our August & Nov trip, Next August our 1st day at WDW will be his Birthday we will be going to Epcot 1st, I promised him we can ride it as much as he wants that day
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #2529
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

It is awesome to hear Carsland will be coming to HS, right now this is my least favorite park, I hope they add some good places for food, and who knows maybe they will one day get rid of the city set and put more Pixar or Star Wars attractions in it's place, I really try to like HS but after riding the big 4 rides (ST,TOT,TSM, RNRR) & M&G's I start to get bored
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 12-06-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Disney Commando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #2530
jmm476
DIS Veteran
 
jmm476's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
It is awesome to hear Carsland will be coming to HS, right now this is my least favorite park, I hope they add some good places for food, and who knows maybe they will one day get rid of the city set and put more Pixar or Star Wars attractions in it's place, I really try to like HS but after riding the big 4 rides (ST,TOT,TSM, RNRR) & M&G's I start to get bored
I've been busy packing and not staying up to date on anything except my subscribed threads... is this confirmed? I know it's been a rumor for a while. I like HS's atmosphere a lot, we try to catch several of the street performers, they're a riot sometimes! My stepdad was cornered in a store once by one of them, thought he was a talent agent and she wanted to show him all the different faces/looks she could do. The whole family was in tears, we were laughing so hard. They do need more family friendly attractions though. TSM is awesome, but if they keep importing/copying rides between Disneyland and WDW that's a little disappointing to me.
__________________
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #2531
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer
 
Xclusive2WDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 443

I want the Great Movie Ride updated, not changed or redone, but updated. I think they should keep some classics like Casablanca and The Wizard of Oz, but they really need to add a few additional ones. I like the movie reel at the end as is, I just want them to add newer movies to it. I still love the ride, it's nostalgia which I don't think they should remove because people are getting older, but I do think a few updates (one per decade or every other decade or something) would not hurt that.
__________________
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #2532
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

Jill, have a safe a Magical trip, if you need us we are here try not to spoil the little Princess too much, if ever your in doubt go with your gut feeling it will show you the way
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #2533
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
I want the Great Movie Ride updated, not changed or redone, but updated. I think they should keep some classics like Casablanca and The Wizard of Oz, but they really need to add a few additional ones. I like the movie reel at the end as is, I just want them to add newer movies to it. I still love the ride, it's nostalgia which I don't think they should remove because people are getting older, but I do think a few updates (one per decade or every other decade or something) would not hurt that.
I will agree with you on this, my son has no idea of what's going on, he's 7 and has never seen any of the movies or even know any of the actors
A update would be cool

But in general the whole section of the park by Backlot tours is all wasteland, a lot of unused buildings, the city set is basically only used for Osbourne Lights, IMO a lot of real estate with a lot of potential if done correctly
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #2534
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer
 
Xclusive2WDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I will agree with you on this, my son has no idea of what's going on, he's 7 and has never seen any of the movies or even know any of the actors
A update would be cool

But in general the whole section of the park by Backlot tours is all wasteland, a lot of unused buildings, the city set is basically only used for Osbourne Lights, IMO a lot of real estate with a lot of potential if done correctly
Exactly! I really, really (REALLY) don't want to give Universal credit, but I have to. . . they do will with old Hollywood history. Disney has plenty of history of it's own outside of cartoons. I truly believe the change from MGM, kinda caused Disney to stop looking into the creativity of it's non-anime roots.
__________________
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #2535
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Exactly! I really, really (REALLY) don't want to give Universal credit, but I have to. . . they do will with old Hollywood history. Disney has plenty of history of it's own outside of cartoons. I truly believe the change from MGM, kinda caused Disney to stop looking into the creativity of it's non-anime roots.
I do think that the current Disney Leadership is doing a GREAT job on improving all the parks, and by buying all these new ventures ( Marvel, Star Wars etc) and digging deep into their pocket I must add, I'm sure they will keep coming up with stuff to add to the parks
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: