Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #1216
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerow

I'm right there with you. For three of us we have 6 checked plus 4 carry ons. I know I overpacked but I NEED my stuff.
We are in the van driving to Pittsburgh on a rainy, grey, overcast day. California here I come!
Wow, that is amazing. We have two checked bags and two carry-ons for the two of us and I thought that was a bit much.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #1217
Land Park Tudor
- - -

Christmas at WDW

Any ideas regarding how to satisfy a child's concern about whether Santa can get into the hotel room to deliver presents? We haven't told the kids about this a post-cruise WDW stop yet, but I could see how they might be a little concenred if we spring it on them on 12/23. Figured I'd see if any of you could offer any suggestions.
Land Park Tudor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #1218
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerow View Post
I'm right there with you. For three of us we have 6 checked plus 4 carry ons. I know I overpacked but I NEED my stuff.
We are in the van driving to Pittsburgh on a rainy, grey, overcast day. California here I come!
We have three checked bags and two carry-ons. One of those carry ons has all of my knitting and electronics, the other has DH's meds, his Nook and our cameras. The smallest of the checked bags is only half full, so there's room for a few souvenirs. We don't buy many souvenirs, but I promised my boss and a few other people something.

Only 45 minutes to go and then I have almost a month off! I am SO ready for this!

Beth
Old 12-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #1219
Land Park Tudor
- - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
Only 45 minutes to go and then I have almost a month off! I am SO ready for this!

Beth
Me too! (Think I need to hit the gym before I start packing, though.)
Land Park Tudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #1220
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Park Tudor View Post
Any ideas regarding how to satisfy a child's concern about whether Santa can get into the hotel room to deliver presents? We haven't told the kids about this a post-cruise WDW stop yet, but I could see how they might be a little concenred if we spring it on them on 12/23. Figured I'd see if any of you could offer any suggestions.
I have an big old key on a ribbon that I hang on the door knob. This has been very helpful when visiting the grandparents!

We have already written a letter with very detailed instructions about how to find us this year--including a map!!!
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #1221
FLPrincessMom
Mouseketeer

We are in the air heading to California! So far, so good.

We did pretty good - for the 4 of us we have 3 checked and 3 carry ons. I was a little worried, put the first bag on the scale and it briefly passed 50 lbs and then settled in at 49!
FLPrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #1222
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Landed in LA. Off to see Hollywood Blvd
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #1223
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

haven't had any time to read any of today's updates. We are off to the Toronto Airport hotel shortly. We fly out tomorrow.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #1224
Gdes1
Mouseketeer

Wow. 4 checked bags and 3 carryons (one is 3 year old DS's "CARS" suitcase, with his blanket and stuffed dog in it.) And, only one is a huge suitcase, the others are duffer and a garment bag.

But, it's tough with small kids. I'm pretty sure most of the rest of you do not have any Curious George books in your luggage. And I even used Babies Travel Lite!
Gdes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #1225
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

LA IS SCRUMPTIOUS! Sunny. I started collecting miles today - anything to stay awake after getting up at 3 am and flying 9 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Park Tudor View Post
Magic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
haven't had any time to read any of today's updates. We are off to the Toronto Airport hotel shortly. We fly out tomorrow.
Safe journey all y'all who leave tonight and tomorrow!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #1226
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
We also travel tomorrow - leave for the airport around 4. Today was an exhausting last day at the office. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. They were even calling me with emergencies on my way home and when I finally got home. I am so ready to be out of cell phone contact!!! People ask why I like cruising so much. Even camping doesn't get you away for cell service these days....

Now for final packing, now that I have finished the brownies for tomorrow's bake sale :-)

See you soon!
Liz
Liz Arjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #1227
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Packing

Totally stressed out!!
1) Have not packed yet.
2) I found out LAST NIGHT that DD's been assigned a secret santa for her gym's end of year party that she'll NOT be attending. I have to buy a gift, wrap it and deliver it to gym by end of practice tonight (in exactly 80 minutes).
3) Have not packed yet.
4) We're hosting a dinner for DH's family TONIGHT - I think for an early celebration for DH's birthday (he'll be on the cruise).
5) Have not packed yet.
6) DD has a music lesson, a birthday party AND an optometrist appointment tomorrow all before a holiday dinner we're also hosting for our close friends.
7) Have not packed yet.
8) Can anyone believe NOW, 2 days before we leave, DH decided that we really should do the ruins at Costa Maya before we head over to Tropicante???

I just need a vacation... but for now, I have to run and get that secret santa gift!

PS Did I say we haven't packed yet???

PPS - glad to hear everything is getting here safely with no issues. Enjoy DLR for those heading that way! See you all REAL soon!

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #1228
beadel
Earning My Ears

We just discovered this forum. I am so happy to find out so many other members of this forum will be on the Wonder Panama Canal Cruise. My husband and I are in our 60's and have a 10 year old son. Long story. Our children's ages range from 50 to 10. We just started laundry and packing today. We discovered that we cannot find one of my son's black shoes and his slacks do not fit (different brand than usual.) I suggested we go shopping in the morning for another pair of shoes and more pants. My husband is threatening to stay at home as it is chaotic here. Of course we are way over packing. I hope we get to meet some of you on the cruise. It is too late for us to sign up for the various experiences planned by the group but hope to meet up with some of you. Anyone with a child our son's age, I hope they can make friends.
beadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #1229
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadel View Post
We just discovered this forum. I am so happy to find out so many other members of this forum will be on the Wonder Panama Canal Cruise. My husband and I are in our 60's and have a 10 year old son. Long story. Our children's ages range from 50 to 10. We just started laundry and packing today. We discovered that we cannot find one of my son's black shoes and his slacks do not fit (different brand than usual.) I suggested we go shopping in the morning for another pair of shoes and more pants. My husband is threatening to stay at home as it is chaotic here. Of course we are way over packing. I hope we get to meet some of you on the cruise. It is too late for us to sign up for the various experiences planned by the group but hope to meet up with some of you. Anyone with a child our son's age, I hope they can make friends.
Hi. We are so glad you found us. Be sure to come to the Promenade Lounge on Deck 3 at 2:30 pm on sail away day. We are all meeting there for a Meet and Greet.
We have some fun things planned and there is always lots to do on the ship. See you soon. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:09 AM   #1230
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

It's 3 am and we're on our way !

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: