Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #136
nd5056
DIS Veteran

I can't help myself but to wonder... this story was generating replies fairly qickly,but not fast enough to beat the Last Minute Travel special to travel for $ 1 thread.

I remeber reading the whole last page of replies just to find out there were several more pages of replies posted at the same time. And i don't think i'm a slow reader.

People lost a lot of sleep, several got bruises trying to break the world record in the "potty run" category...

nd5056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #137
wilderness01
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

Thank you for the update Kathy.

A few years ago a group of us got duped by a sick woman who faked her death and then came back to life under a different name a while later. She even posted pictures under the guise of this new person. She frequented the same forum.

This woman had sent baby gifts to another girl in the group, and it was "personal" when she died. To fake your own death and hurt people is terrible. I will never understand why someone does something so mean spirited.

I was so angry at the time, but now I just pity her. What a life you must lead, and how extensive is your mental illness, that you dream up things like this? This woman was in healthcare too. I pray for her patients because no one that mentally unstable should have access to narcotics or be in charge of anyone.

I too wondered when I saw the act of good will to send gifts if this would come to a screeching halt. The poster should be ashamed of herself. The rest of us did nothing wrong.

I made a major dent in my Christmas shopping yesterday. I will finish this week.

Prepare your child for the path, not the path for your child.
wilderness01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #138
zokaluse
Mouseketeer

I also commented on that thread once "she'd had the baby" as previously I thought it was a bit OTT on the personal side to be sharing on a web forum.
I do think this person must have either a very lonely existence or have severe psychological problems to invent such a story with all the added details, I hope she gets medical help!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #139
TNMouseFan
Mouseketeer

My hormonal self fell completely for it and now to hear it was fake makes teary eyed. Oh goodness maybe
Im too big a softy or I need my hormones checked lol.
Guess I think why would someone ever have a reason to lie on here.

6/98 Honeymoon- Caribean Beach
5/08- off site- First trip with DDs
5/09- off site- 3 generations taking on the world
10/10- ASM- girls only trip
Christmas 2012- Art of Animation- Finding Nemo
TNMouseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #140
Tigger&Belle
I'm the good girl on the DIS

Snarky is my middle name
So many comments, so many points

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterKathy View Post
While we don't normally comment on these matters, a lot of you are invested in this one. I want to share a little background.

We've known for a long time that this was a regular poster using a new alias. I think she even stated that in her first post. Not a big deal; we frequently see "I'm using a new name for this embarrassing post."

The two usernames were telling vastly different stories. This one had all the drama and international moves. The other incarnation was sharing little details of normal, happy couple hood and nice little things her DH did for her.

Again, tall tales are not a big deal. But as the drama escalated and the "baby" arrived, generous and caring people started talking about sending gifts and cards. That was the tipping point where the entertaining tall tale leaned toward taking advantage of people in tangible, real-life ways.

And that's where I closed it.

The poster was never in Canada or California, there is no Henry. I was in contact with the poster in question, there is no doubt about this being a mistake.

So that's the story.
Thanks for clarifying, Kathy. There are some sick wackadoodles out there.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #141
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

How did I know that was the thread you all were talking about? I read every single post on THIS thread to find out what actually happened.

I have nothing done for Christmas.

Nothing.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #142
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran

What a shame. I truly prayed for that woman everyday and her story really touched me. Funny how in the middle of that thread I and a few others were concerned it was all a sham and then brushed it off, and now we know it really was a sham.

Me DM DF DSis DB
LongLiveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #143
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

Such a shame
Old 12-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #144
robinb
DIS Veteran

This will teach me to be busy and not check the DIS all day . The good news isn't some guy getting his groove on with a teen girl while his pregnant wife cries at home and then moves to Canada to have her baby.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #145
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I take it back, I guess people do have babies on their due dates and I am officially jealous!

That being said, I did learn a little bit about international law and the Canadian medical system, so I don't see my time invested in the thread as a total waste. That information may come in handy in trivial pursuit or something
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #146
crazydaisy00
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you underastand?

I did read the beginning of the thread and felt sorry for OP, I didnt follow though. I am impressed that the mods watch out for the honest and good hearted people on here and Im thankful it was put to a stop.
I have a niece that has issues and could see her doing something like this. There was a time when DH and I invested a lot into her, it took years for us to realize that she was telling stories and had mental problems going on. It was very hurtful not to mention we felt like fools for all the emotional support we gave her and I sometimes wonder how could I believe such a crazy thing? When you are an honest person it doesnt cross your mind that someone would make this stuff up for attention or whatever reason they have.
Excited for Christmas this year just a little shopping to finish up then start wrapping!
crazydaisy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #147
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

I felt so bad for the "7 MONTHS PREGNANT" lady. I, too, believed her. Why do people do this? Attention is all I can think of.

Sad, isn't it? Any adult needing that much attention has some REAL issues.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #148
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post
I felt so bad for the "7 MONTHS PREGNANT" lady. I, too, believed her. Why do people do this? Attention is all I can think of.

Sad, isn't it? Any adult needing that much attention has some REAL issues.
Oh, THAT thread :lightbulb

I've been wondering what the ___ everyone was discussing
Old 12-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #149
leebee
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! I followed this one for the first few days but then my life got busy and I stopped reading. I did notice that the thread stayed pretty close to the top of the board, though. It's too bad that people will go to these kinds of extremes to play on others' emotions. There was a thread a year or so ago where the poster's 12 yo daughter was ill and passed away, poster was pregnant and had cancer, etc., that had me in tears... yup, another scam. What are people thinking when they write these kinds of things?

Christmas? The outdoor lights are up, but that doesn't mean anything; I love them so we leave them up year-round! We bought the tree today, and I have purchased about 4 things each for both DH and DD. That's about it. Shopping's not finished, and nothing's wrapped except the tree, which is still in its netting from the tree farm! DD is dancing in Nutcracker, so that'll complicate things; 2 shows this weekend, 3 shows next weekend (they have already done 4 shows) and as I think this is her last year, I'll go to most of them. I guess this week I will hit the stores after work each day. Impossible to do on the weekends as our friends from north of the border come down to shop by the bus load, and it's crazy in the malls and stores! Sure do wish I had some good ideas for stockings... I guess it'll be another year of shampoo and deodorant!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #150
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBelle99 View Post
Just heard on the news that the Nurse who took that prank call regarding Duchess Kate might have committed suicide!
Holy cow! That poor, poor woman.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: