Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
mikesmom88
DIS Veteran

Question about the Dining Rotation on the 4 night Dream

A question for those recently on the 4 night Dream. Since there is 3 dining locations I am assuming you will have 2 nights at your 1st location - is this correct?

For example:
1st night - Animator's Palate
2nd night - Enchanted Garden
3rd Night - Royal Palace
4th night - Animator's Palate

Is this correct? If yes, I have another question (using the same example above), if the 3rd night is Pirate Night (with the pirate menu) does that mean that we will not have the Royal Palace menu? and have the Animator's Palate menu twice?

Just trying to plan ahead and decide on my night for Palo's.
Thanks for you help

DVC Member since 1999

2014 - Disney Wonder; 2013 - BWV, VB Beach Cottage; 2012 - OKW, Disney Dream; 2010 - VB; 2009 - Carribbean Beach: 2008 - Poly, BWV, Disney Wonder, OKW; 2007 - SSR, Port Orleans; 2006 - VB, SSR; 2005 - OKW, HH, Polynesian, OKW; 2004 - HH, BCV, VB, Disney Magic; 2003 - HH, GF, OKW, VB; 2002 - Disney Magic, Contemporary; 2001 - BWV, VB; 2000 - OKW, Polynesian, BWV; 1999 - BC, VB

mikesmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

For us the 3rd and 4th night were the same dining room. 3rd night was Pirate so that had its special menu. 4th night was the regular menu.
AnotherPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
ScottakaMickey
Mouseketeer

When we were on the Dream last month, we got AP as our first night assignment, however, that wasn't the rotation. We had

AP
EC
RP
RP

So, they had us in RP the last two nights. We didn't do EC as that was our Palo night, and I'm not a fan of that dining venue. I was hoping for last night in as we had two nights in AP on Fantasy and the second night was the best, where we got to draw, but it was RP for us.

ScottakaMickey
ScottakaMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
erionm
DIS Veteran

For our 4-Night Dream cruise in May, we had the follow rotation:
1st Night - Enchanted Garden
2nd Night - Royal Palace
3rd Night - Animator's Palate (Pirate Night)
4th Night - Animator's Palate
Old 10-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

We had AERR. Third night was pirate night. It was weird having pirate night in such a formal setting.

January 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
January 2008 Port Orleans Riverside

May 2011 All Star Music Family Suites
Disney Cruise aboard the Dream October 2012
October 2013 Fort Wilderness Cabins
ohboyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

How many diff dining rotations are there? Is there one for each to repeat twice?? and is the schedule usually Casual, Dress up, Pirate, Dress up...Just trying to plan for which night to have a birthday cake delivered too! Thanks!
Mariellen102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The "suggested attire" is ship wide--it does not depend on your rotation.

The usual rotation is 1-2-3-3 where 1, 2, and 3 are the restaurants. Night 3 is usually pirate night. The suggested attire is usually Cruise Casual, Dress up optional, cruise casual/pirate, cruise casual. EVERYTHING is always subject to change.

The rotation is A-E-R, with a repeat of whatever number 3 is....so you could have
AERR
ERAA
or
RAEE based on where you start.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #8
TBMommy
Earning My Ears

Our rotation was AERR, but our useless server insisted we needed to return to the Enchanted Garden third night dispite me pulling out my dining card showing him the rotation. So yeah, after talking with the front desk it is always a repeat on the third and forth night.

As a side note, if you like your server the first night but the Head Server politely asks if you can do another family a favor by moving tables so they can be near the rest of their party, just say NO! This happened to us and turns out the server at our new table was absolutely terrible, I don't think I ever had worse service at any restaurant. I think they really moved us because the other table complained.
TBMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

I have a question about the dining also. People have mentioned that the 3rd and 4th night are repeated, but is the case when doing itinerary B? For some reason, our cruise has the day at sea in the middle. I just want to make sure we have Palo on one of the repeated nights. My other question is can you request a rotation if you are staying concierge? I thought I read on here somewhere that was possible, but it could be wishful thinking on my part.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #10
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
I have a question about the dining also. People have mentioned that the 3rd and 4th night are repeated, but is the case when doing itinerary B? For some reason, our cruise has the day at sea in the middle. I just want to make sure we have Palo on one of the repeated nights. My other question is can you request a rotation if you are staying concierge? I thought I read on here somewhere that was possible, but it could be wishful thinking on my part.
Yes, concierge guests can request a rotation and will get it. And the concierge holds some ressies, so after boarding if you don't like the way your situation lines up, talk to the concierge. They will move whatever you want so that you have Palo, Remy, or anything else lined up with the dining rotation on the night you wish.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #11
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Yes, concierge guests can request a rotation and will get it. And the concierge holds some ressies, so after boarding if you don't like the way your situation lines up, talk to the concierge. They will move whatever you want so that you have Palo, Remy, or anything else lined up with the dining rotation on the night you wish.
Thanks the info. I'll try to keep it mind but its going to be such a long wait for our cruise.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: