Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Disney gift cards

Can you use disney gift cards in the shops on the dream without having them put on your key to the world card
Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
Tigger1313
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmize View Post
Can you use disney gift cards in the shops on the dream without having them put on your key to the world card
I was able to use my gift card at the shops in June

DCL 1/14 BLT 1/14
DCL 7/14
AKL & BLT 7/14
AKL 10/14
DCL 2/15
Tigger1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1313

I was able to use my gift card at the shops in June
Great. Asking for those for Christmas as I have 2 cruises planned for 2013 and 2 Wdw trip
Old 12-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
lodge
DIS Veteran

yes, just to let others know- you can ADD gift cards TO your kttw card at guest services. they are there 24 hours and there are barely any lines since peoples needs can be addressed anytime
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
rosermama
DIS Veteran

I added 2 gift cards and 1 rewards card from Disney Visa to my account. I had a ton of money left and had to go to GS the last day and have them put it back on the card I wanted to go to...
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama
I added 2 gift cards and 1 rewards card from Disney Visa to my account. I had a ton of money left and had to go to GS the last day and have them put it back on the card I wanted to go to...
Is it even possible to have money left???

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGal
Is it even possible to have money left???
I didn't think so but yes. We were given over $2500 in gift cards for our honeymoon registry, most of it on the single card Disney sends you when you sign up for it. I nearly had a heart attack at GS when they told me how much was on it (had been $800 the day before the wedding). We decided not think about money the whole trip and drank, bought, and excursioned whatever we wanted. We still had money left over that we spent on DD's birthday cruise the following year. I had to keep track of that gift card for over a year!

Edited for typo

Last edited by Meghatron; 12-08-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #8
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
I didn't think so but yes. We were given over $2500 in gift cards for our honeymoon registry, most of it on the single card Disney sends you when you sign up for it. I nearly had a heart attack at GS when they told me how much was on it (had been $800 the day before the wedding). We decided not think about money the whole trip and drank, bought, and excursioned whatever we wanted. We still had money left over that we spent on DD's birthday cruise the following year. I had to keep track of that gift card for over a year!

Edited for typo
Wait! Do tell! You can register for a Disney Gift Card that wedding guests put money on for the gift? That is a new one to me. Is there a link with info?

My niece is getting married next summer and she loves Disney, so she might like to do something like that.
westjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #9
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by westjones
Wait! Do tell! You can register for a Disney Gift Card that wedding guests put money on for the gift? That is a new one to me. Is there a link with info?

My niece is getting married next summer and she loves Disney, so she might like to do something like that.
Pretty sure it's disneyhoneymoonregistry.com. You need to have an existing reservation at WDW or on DCL to sign up. Then it will give you the options directly related to your reservation to sign up for in monetary increments, They send you a gift card in the mail that you have to keep like cash and as people buy you things on your registry (like "Specialty Drinks" or "Couples Spa Villa" the money gets added to that card. So people are buying you specific things but you get a lump sum to technically spend however you want. It made thank you cards really nice because we were able to talk about the specific things people had "bought" for us even though they technically just gave us money.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #10
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Pretty sure it's disneyhoneymoonregistry.com. You need to have an existing reservation at WDW or on DCL to sign up. Then it will give you the options directly related to your reservation to sign up for in monetary increments, They send you a gift card in the mail that you have to keep like cash and as people buy you things on your registry (like "Specialty Drinks" or "Couples Spa Villa" the money gets added to that card. So people are buying you specific things but you get a lump sum to technically spend however you want. It made thank you cards really nice because we were able to talk about the specific things people had "bought" for us even though they technically just gave us money.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks! That is a fun idea! I guess since my niece isn't going to Disney on a trip after the wedding it wouldn't work well for her. But if someone did have a honeymoon planned for there or the cruise afterwards that would be such a wonderful idea.
westjones is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: