DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
DL Widget Head
Earning My Ears

Question AP Question - Refund or not

Our last trip to the world (November 16-23) we purchased non-DVC member AP's. After going to SSR and viewing the models, and much discussion after we got home, my wife and I decided to take the plunge and buy DVC. We got our membership number yesterday and have already started booking trips....it feels great!

One question I have is regarding our AP's. My wife called member services to inquire about receiving a refund for the price difference between a non-member AP and the discounted DVC rate, and after many, many transfers reached someone in ticketing. Ticketing's response was that it wouldn't be a problem and that we would need to visit a guest relations window our next visit and we would receive a refund in the difference between the price we paid and the DVC member cost (which is a nice amount with the 2 adult and 2 child AP's we purchased).

I was wondering if any else has been in a similar situation and had success? We are going to call back just to verify the information again since we're officially "in the system" now, but any advice or previous experience stories would be great.

(If it doesn't happen, not a problem. We purchased when we weren't DVC so I completely understand if there isn't a refund, but I was extremely surprised when ticketing said it wouldn't be a problem. I'm also wondering if they do refund, if the amount would be prorated in any way for the time remaining on the pass. I don't think so since upgrade costs are in no way prorated. If they are, looks like we'll be returning sooner than we think to make sure we maximize our refund.)

Many thanks for any information. It feels good to be home.

“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.”
DL Widget Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Given the way most WDW Ticketing policies work, I suspect that this is going to be one of those things that is officially not possible, but if you work at it long enough, you might eventually find someone who will do it. It might not be worth the hassle given the amount of time I can imagine you will have to spend to make it happen.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Never hurts to ask, chances are they will refund it as a gift card, if they do the refund. If they say they can't, try asking for an extension to the pass or upgrade (if it's not a premium) at a discounted rate, etc.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran

Yes, we had this exact scenario happen. But with one big difference: we were still in WDW when we bought DVC.

In April 2010, we renewed our APs at the start of our trip. 3 days later, we took the DVC tour and bought BLT. I took our temporary member cards and receipt from our AP renewal to Guest Services outside MK. I explained that we had renewed our APs several days ago and since then had joined DVC. The CM had no problem refunding the price difference to our credit card, which was over $400 for 2 adult and 2 child APs.
mousefan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: