Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #61
WDWChloe
WDW Annual Passholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDana
While I am happy to hear about any additions to DHS, I was kind of hoping for a Pixar land. Not just Cars....

Cars is actually my least favorite of all the Pixar movies...
Same here :/

IG: @chloelovesdisney
WDWChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #62
tfc3rid
DIS Veteran

The 1.1 Billion dollars mentioned in a previous comment was the cost for the entire refresh of Disney California Adventure... Not the cost of Cars Land alone...

tfc3rid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #63
MattM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacrestpromo View Post
BTW, Disney isn't hurting badly despite the economy. In fact, they will be making a dividend payment to their stockholders later this month of .75 per share. That makes me and lot of other people happy!
Sea
The Walt Disney Co isn't doing badly overall. P&R division isn't exactly killing it, though. And while that .75 (1.5% Yield) is nice, they certainly could/should be returning more capital to shareholders, even though they just increased their dividend. Some people may be happy about it, but investors would really like to see that number increase.

Just my .02 cents
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #64
JB2K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is true, but Disney could buy back the Marvel rights to the US theme parks from Universal at anytime. Other than theme park attractions and park merchandise, they are pretty much limited what they can do with the license. They have no control over the movies, their content, budgets, and talent. Sony could grind Spiderman into the ground and that could hurt Universal. Still a possibility.
There might be a small exception -- believe it or not, Universal does hold "some" rights to the Hulk character that dates-back to the old 1970's Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno TV series (and they were a distributor of the two recent films) -- not sure if Disney has purchased the rights for successor films...

That said, it's only a matter of time before Disney throws a pile of cash at Universal and takes the superheroes to Lake Buena Vista...
Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #65
seacrestpromo
Dole Whips are comfort food.

Sorry, but Cars Land has not been announced for WDW.

However, if you visit the Art of Animation resort, they do have a very nice Cars theme area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltonsha View Post
We are taking our first family trip next October to WDW and as a mom to a little boy who adores anything Cars I am thrilled that this is coming. I know since we are only an 8 hour drive away we will be able to go once its built. The one in DL didn't seem like a possibility but this will be doable.

My other car is a Monorail!

Check out our Disneyland internet radio show, The Disgeek Podcast! DisGeek.com!
seacrestpromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #66
bwang123

oops...looks like the DIS needed better sources because it doesnt look like cars land is being announced this week. not sure why disney would take away from fantasyland/test track opening by announcing something even newer in the same week.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #67
seacrestpromo

So, this website, "the Dis" had confirmation from "multiple sources" that Cars Land was coming to DHS and that announcement was going to happen today, Friday.

Well, the WDC had their last press conference, "Around Our World" this morning and they talked about the Avatar Land project, the remaining NFL project, the Dwarfs Mine Train coaster ride, the Dapper Dans sang, Meg Crofton talked about Limited Time Magic which is next year's promotion. Karl Holz spoke about DCL. There was some info about new AVD trips.

Oh and Imagineer Bruce Vaughn talked about Cars Land - at Disney California Adventure and how well it is being received. He gave no indication that it was coming to WDW.

So, no Cars Land for WDW today.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #68
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sorry, but Cars Land has not been announced for WDW.

However, if you visit the Art of Animation resort, they do have a very nice Cars theme area.
Yeah, I'm going to throw my kids in the car and purchase a new disney vacation because a hotel has a themed area.
ChipnDale79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #69
seacrestpromo

Maybe they should talk to a waiter at the Brown Derby where a lot of Imagineers eat all the time.

So embarrassing that Dis would even post this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
oops...looks like the DIS needed better sources because it doesnt look like cars land is being announced this week. not sure why disney would take away from fantasyland/test track opening by announcing something even newer in the same week.
They did mention that the Avatar Land project is moving forward. What do you all think about that?

Old 12-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #70
seacrestpromo

What, you no like?

It's magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post
Yeah, I'm going to throw my kids in the car and purchase a new disney vacation because a hotel has a themed area.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #71
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

thats why I was saying, don't know on this thread or the other few about this subject, that RUMORS ARE RUMORS, no matter the source(s). It's fun to speculate, but until Disney announces anything, let's not get overjoyed (or not) over something.
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #72
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

I just want to chime in here.

I was taken back by the posting when it went up just as much as anyone else. I had been hearing that TDO and Lasseter were battling it out over money, as is always the case with TDO while the boy wizard steals their attendance and merch dollars, thus nothing was greenlit.

Anyway, I asked around and the original information was seemingly first hand, but ultimately didn't pan out. That's always the case with rumors. Yes, Avatarland is back on schedule with apparently the plan B version, reduced in size from what Cameron originally wanted. FOTLK isn't closing in January now, they've extended it until at least September. And spectro floats are being prepped for return. My point is rumors are exactly that, rumors. It's a very delicate balance with anyone who gets involved in these arenas.

So, best to just move on. For the time being, no carsland announcement. Personally I've read they are going to go more the route of an expansion with carsland elements but it would essentially be more of a pixar place expansion. But of course, nothing is green lit yet.

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #73
seacrestpromo

And your source(s) for all of this is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
I just want to chime in here.

I was taken back by the posting when it went up just as much as anyone else. I had been hearing that TDO and Lasseter were battling it out over money, as is always the case with TDO while the boy wizard steals their attendance and merch dollars, thus nothing was greenlit.

Anyway, I asked around and the original information was seemingly first hand, but ultimately didn't pan out. That's always the case with rumors. Yes, Avatarland is back on schedule with apparently the plan B version, reduced in size from what Cameron originally wanted. FOTLK isn't closing in January now, they've extended it until at least September. And spectro floats are being prepped for return. My point is rumors are exactly that, rumors. It's a very delicate balance with anyone who gets involved in these arenas.

So, best to just move on. For the time being, no carsland announcement. Personally I've read they are going to go more the route of an expansion with carsland elements but it would essentially be more of a pixar place expansion. But of course, nothing is green lit yet.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #74
mbrittb00
Mouseketeer

Press release site??

Is there a specific site where you can see recent (and possibly past) Disney press releases?

Thanks,
Sept 2005 : (AS Movies) DS6 DS2 (MNSSHP)
Dec 2006 : (POFQ) 10th Anniversery (MVMCP)
Feb 2007 : (offsite) DS8 DS4 (DPPP)
Feb 2009 : (Bonnet Creek) DS10 DS6 DD2 (+ friends)
Nov 2010 : (Windsor Hills) DS11 DS8 DD4 DD3
April 2012 : (Windsor Hills / AS Movies) DS13 DS9 DD5 DD4 (+family)
mbrittb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #75
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
And your source(s) for all of this is?
You're serious?
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: