Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

February 16, 2014 DREAMing!

Hi, fellow DREAM cruisers!

We just booked another cruise on the Disney DREAM and hope that there will be a lot of you, who want to travel with us!

We, that are my dear brother, Tom, who works for the Austrian Postal Services and LOVES everything Disney and myself, Karin, a teacher at a small Austrian village.
Before we took our first cruise we were sure that this would be a one time thing, but like everything else at Disney, the service was so outstanding that this will be cruise no 13 in 6 seasons!

Looking forward to get to know many of our fellow cruisers!

Cruisers so far:
Spartan crew
southerngirl528
uicguy
Dug720
ConnieH
disneyfn44
MBCA
LeckieClan
Zott
Blakeney4
MomOf2LBoys
facebook 1
facebook 2
facebook 3
shelleyr25
bridgetmck
momof2divas
Charlesfamily
melissaina2
CherylA
liemge
cdndrmom
drummfamily
lolainkent
julieanddanny
robhawk
ThePhantomsGirl
ddixon1
Dizneeat

I would also like to host a Fish Extender Exchange. We have done it every cruise, it is SO much fun and I hope many of you will join in.

FE Participants:
LeckieClan
Zott
Blakeney4
liemge
facebook 1
facebook 2
facebook 3
momof2divas
Charlesfamily
CherylA
melissaina2
cdndrmom
lolainkent
drummfamily
dizneeat

Latecome FE list
Spartan crew
southerngirl528
uicguy
disneyfn44
dizneeat
Connie H

FE list with details!

Latecomer FE list with details!

DECKLISTS for the FE participants!

List for the original FE list

List for the latecomer FE list

Here is some info .......

Lots about Fish Extenders
Fish Extender 101
Fish Extender Info

So, do you want to join our Fish Extender Exchange?
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Last edited by dizneeat; 02-09-2014 at 12:32 PM.
dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
disney67
DIS Veteran

Hi Karin andTom
well if i cannot cruise with you i will be following along , I will definetly miss you guys i just booked our trip for 2014 on the dream . hope to say hi soon and there is a bit of magic comming your way soon
XOXO Jeff and Family XOXO

[IMG][/IMG]
disney67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:43 AM   #4
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney67 View Post
Hi Karin andTom
well if i cannot cruise with you i will be following along , I will definetly miss you guys i just booked our trip for 2014 on the dream . hope to say hi soon and there is a bit of magic comming your way soon
XOXO Jeff and Family XOXO
Hi Jeff!
I so wish you could make it to this cruise. Tom and I would love to sail with you and your family again!
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 01-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Karin, please add Rosie and me to the list!! We will be officially booked very soon - as I type, looking on the DCL site to see what the deposit requirement is right now.

Not sure about the Fish Extender - anything to do with arts and crafts is waay out of my creativity zone..meaning I got the short stick when they were handing out creative genes.

This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!! p

p.s. Do you have a favorite stateroom? How do we know which side has better views ...can Castaway Cay be seen from the same side that can see the ports? TY!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 01-17-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Karin, please add Rosie and me to the list!! We will be officially booked very soon - as I type, looking on the DCL site to see what the deposit requirement is right now.

Not sure about the Fish Extender - anything to do with arts and crafts is waay out of my creativity zone..meaning I got the short stick when they were handing out creative genes.

p.s. Do you have a favorite stateroom? How do we know which side has better views ...can Castaway Cay be seen from the same side that can see the ports? TY!
I have to agree with Christine I am not creative at all !! For sure I would not consider it for my May trip with 8 DD folks
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #7
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I have to agree with Christine I am not creative at all !! For sure I would not consider it for my May trip with 8 DD folks
I am going to add the two of you right after I have finished this reply.

Christine and Rosie, you need to do the FE! This is the ultimate fun, takes you all around the ship and you do NOT have to be creative for it!
It is really the thought that counts - and we have fun gifts to give. I'll email you about it and I am sure you can take part!

I usually choose a portside stateroom. For our first few cruises we have been midship and always on the highest deck = deck 10. In August we are trying deck 8.
Portside gives you a lovely view of Port Canaveral when sailing out. A view of the Atlantis and the Ocean (or another cruiseship ) at Nassau and the view of CC as the ship usually goes in backwards. So portside is what I recommend. We had starboard on our first cruise and we were pretty disappointed with the view in ports.
Didn't you already decide on deck 7? So midship, portside deck 7 sounds great!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Karin, thank you so much!! Now, how do we know which cabins are port side?

How great is it to see our names added to the list of Cruisers!!

FE's - it does sound like fun, but overwhelming - I would want to have fun clever little gifts to leave. Definitely do not want to miss yours - I have seen photos of some and you and Tom give out the BEST!

It is every night, so 4 x how many cabins or each person in the cabin?

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 01-20-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #9
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:

FE's - it does sound like fun, but overwhelming - I would want to have fun clever little gifts to leave. Definitely do not want to miss yours - I have seen photos of some and you and Tom give out the BEST!

I do have an idea for 1 night !!I will pm you with it !!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 01-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #10
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Christine, just had to look it up (I always get that wrong), but you want to be on the starboard side!
Starboard is on your right hand side when looking to the bow (front) of the ship.
Okay, you want a 500 - 600 number in your stateroom. I would say 7572 - 7584 would be a good pick!

Don't feel pressured by me, but FEs can be so much fun. Don't let them overwhelm you - you have a year to prepare!
As for delivery, it is up to you how often you do it. Some deliver a little package once during the cruise, others do it twice, others every day.
Tom and I do it every day. We give out very small gifts, but we do it every day and the walk all over the ship is our daily workout.
Would you put our gifts together - you would have the same nice package as others do. I'll post some of the packages in my TR soon.

Quote:
I do have an idea for 1 night !!I will pm you with it !!
Love the idea!

Old 01-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #11
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Karin, I had a feeling you meant starboard! Those stateroom numbers are the exact group I narrowed it down to - now to decide on deck 7 or 8!

Guess you can tell that we are just a teeny bit excited! So happy we have your PTR'S and PR's to follow until next year.

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 01-20-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Christine, just had to look it up (I always get that wrong), but you want to be on the starboard side!
Starboard is on your right hand side when looking to the bow (front) of the ship.
Okay, you want a 500 - 600 number in your stateroom. I would say 7572 - 7584 would be a good pick!

Don't feel pressured by me, but FEs can be so much fun. Don't let them overwhelm you - you have a year to prepare!
As for delivery, it is up to you how often you do it. Some deliver a little package once during the cruise, others do it twice, others every day.
Tom and I do it every day. We give out very small gifts, but we do it every day and the walk all over the ship is our daily workout.
Would you put our gifts together - you would have the same nice package as others do. I'll post some of the packages in my TR soon.

Love the idea!
Glad we got the sides of the ship starightIf it is only 30 I think we can come up with something !!Yes/ No Christine !!!!???
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 01-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #13
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, sure.....I can whip those up in an evening.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #14
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Karin, I had a feeling you meant starboard! Those stateroom numbers are the exact group I narrowed it down to - now to decide on deck 7 or 8!

Guess you can tell that we are just a teeny bit excited! So happy we have your PTR'S and PR's to follow until next year.
We had a seahorse instead of a fish outside our door = starboard. How the heck did I mix it up again. It just seemed a bit odd when I thought about it.
I think you would feel fine on either deck 7 or 8. Oh, btw, I looked up our stateroom and we are on deck 8 - smack bang in the middle aft. Need to try one of those oversized veranda rooms at least once.

Christine, I am sure the two of you will like it. Hope your excitement builds even more until we set sail!

Quote:
Glad we got the sides of the ship starightIf it is only 30 I think we can come up with something !!Yes/ No Christine !!!!???
Yip, got it all straightened out again.
And I believe in you! You can do 30 staterooms (not individuals )

Quote:
Oh, sure.....I can whip those up in an evening.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Navy"]We had a seahorse instead of a fish outside our door = starboard. How the heck did I mix it up again. It just seemed a bit odd when I thought about it.
I think you would feel fine on either deck 7 or 8. Oh, btw, I looked up our stateroom and we are on deck 8 - smack bang in the middle aft. Need to try one of those oversized veranda rooms at least once.
:
Oh, I would like a seahorse much more than a fish!!

I looked at those staterooms and some around you are still available. Rosie and I decided midship would be just right for us this trip! We chose deck 7 because it is not high or low.

As I type I am waiting for a call back from the absolutely top notch Disney Cruise CM who answered lots of questions the other day ...we are paying our deposit today!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: