Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #3631
sirvin12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybluff View Post
Shannon I just have to say the celtic dresses on your daughters are beautiful!!
Thank you! Disney Store.

Shannon
Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #3632
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirvin12 View Post
Here are some Santa pictures from this weekend. The first 5 were at Jingle Jangle Jamboree, the other 2 are from Elias and Co.

Shannon
These pictures are so sweet! Thanks for sharing.

TK
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #3633
jrfish96
Earning My Ears

I'm seeing questions about 2012 ornaments in the parks but I'm wondering about 2012 photo albums. Can you still find those in the parks?
Old 12-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #3634
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Well, our trip is almost over. We've had a really nice trip. Parks seem pretty crowded, but except for the few big headline attractions, the wait times haven't been too bad. I found the 2 things I really wanted: the Mickey popcorn bucket & the Mickey head demitasse cup (got that at Jolly Holiday Bakery). The Castle Lighting was beautiful. We saw the parade after our Holiday Tour yesterday, so we had wonderful front row seats.

I originally was told by vacation planning that there would be a premium holiday tour that included reserved seating & was disappointed when that turned out not to be true. But we got some special Disney magic. We were sitting on a bench outside of the Jolly Holiday Bakery about 1:30 as I ate my Mickey Demitasse treat. We were approached by a CM, one of the guest services CMs with the plaid & blue outfits. He chatted with us about our day & if it was just the 2 of us. Asked if we had seen CP & if we would like to go! We were happy to accept his offer of tickets to the 5:30 show. We sat next to a couple that was given tickets as they were entering their hotel (forgot to ask which hotel). We were seated in the red seats, behind AP holders who had green wristbands. So it seems Disney is reserving some seats to make Magic happen randomly for all guests. The show was amazing. Kurt Russell ended by acknowledging Walt's birthday.

We have seen CP at Epcot but I must say, DL's version blew me away..so many singers, seeing them all enter the stage, just beautiful. I'm so happy we got that big of pixie dust! I never would have imagined it to be so much better.

Thanks to everyone here for all your help & info!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #3635
dalstitch45
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery's mom View Post
Did you happen to notice if the sweatshirt was a hoodie with a zipper or a pullover? My DH loves to get a pullover every trip, and I'd love to get him THIS one!!

Thanks!
It is a hoodie with a zipper. Just got one last night. The CP is so beautiful. I can't wait to see it again tonight. Getting ready to go back to the now. There is nothing like Christmas at DLR.

Just one side note not Christmas related: If you have a Galaxy III phone, they just put out the D-Tech phone cases for them last night at the World of Disney. They only had Minnie and vintage Mickey. Maybe more will be added before I leave. FINALLY!!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #3636
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

DisBaby and I leave in just a few hours. I am going to try and do live updates here and on my trip report, link in signature. Hoping DisBaby can handle the flight....it's her first. Thankfully it's less than two hours. See you all real soon live from the Grand Californian.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #3637
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfish96 View Post
I'm seeing questions about 2012 ornaments in the parks but I'm wondering about 2012 photo albums. Can you still find those in the parks?
I only saw a few over Veteran's Day weekend. They have tons of 2012 merchandise at the outlet store out here so I nabbed one from there.

~~Amy~~ Lexi Baby
~~Jeff~~ Mickey
WDW/WWoHP June 2010 WDW POP Sept. 2010 DL Oct. 2010 WWoHP July 2011 DLR 24hours Leap Day 2012 WWOHP and WDW Platinum Trip July 2012 DLR annual passholder Sept. 2013-2014, April 2014-2015 WDW and WWoHP May 2013 WDW anniversary March 2014 WWOHP DA July 2014 DLR/WDW Wedding/Disneymoon Oct. 2014

Long Term Goal is to stay at all Disney Hotels...so far I've been to.....
All Star Movies-1, All Star Music-1, Pop-1, Coronado Springs-1, Animal Kingdom Lodge -2, Disneyland Hotel-1, Paradise Pier-3
Old 12-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #3638
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

Our trip is getting closer!!! We will be leaving in two weeks!!!!! I am planning on the next two weekends getting our things packed to make absolute sure not to forget anything!!!!!!

OUR FIRST TRIP EVER!!!!! SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

TRIP REPORT STARTED:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52056072
DS(6) DD (5) DBF Me

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come
Old 12-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #3639
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Well, our trip is almost over. We've had a really nice trip. Parks seem pretty crowded, but except for the few big headline attractions, the wait times haven't been too bad. I found the 2 things I really wanted: the Mickey popcorn bucket & the Mickey head demitasse cup (got that at Jolly Holiday Bakery). The Castle Lighting was beautiful. We saw the parade after our Holiday Tour yesterday, so we had wonderful front row seats.

I originally was told by vacation planning that there would be a premium holiday tour that included reserved seating & was disappointed when that turned out not to be true. But we got some special Disney magic. We were sitting on a bench outside of the Jolly Holiday Bakery about 1:30 as I ate my Mickey Demitasse treat. We were approached by a CM, one of the guest services CMs with the plaid & blue outfits. He chatted with us about our day & if it was just the 2 of us. Asked if we had seen CP & if we would like to go! We were happy to accept his offer of tickets to the 5:30 show. We sat next to a couple that was given tickets as they were entering their hotel (forgot to ask which hotel). We were seated in the red seats, behind AP holders who had green wristbands. So it seems Disney is reserving some seats to make Magic happen randomly for all guests. The show was amazing. Kurt Russell ended by acknowledging Walt's birthday.

We have seen CP at Epcot but I must say, DL's version blew me away..so many singers, seeing them all enter the stage, just beautiful. I'm so happy we got that big of pixie dust! I never would have imagined it to be so much better.

Thanks to everyone here for all your help & info!
focusondisney -

I'm very encouraged to hear this 'random magic' news about the CP! To be honest, this is what I thought would end up happening all along. I had a feeling that the CM's could dole out extra tickets/seats to certain people if they wanted to - and I had a feeling that there would be no-shows, leaving some available seats for people to take advantage of.

If this kind of magic happened for the Kurt Russell nights (which were very popular, I think), then I can only imagine that there will be similar CP magic happening on the Lou Diamond Phillips nights (which are not as sought after, but will be happening when I am there!), the Marcia Gay Harden night, etc.

The Dick Van Dyke nights may be tough to score tickets for.

This news almost makes me wish I had kept my original 12/2-12/5 trip dates. I might have had a chance to see Kurt Russell. I can only hope to find a benevolent CM who will gift me with a ticket for one of the LDP-narrated Processionals. I just want to see the CP one time (without having to stand for hours to stake out a spot). I've never seen it - not even once. And in all likelihood, the CP will probably move to a different venue at DLR in the next year or two. I want to see it while it's in Town Square.

Aside from all of that, it sounds like your first holiday trip to Disneyland has been a great one - and you even found your demitasse at JHB! I am so glad to hear it. Actually, to be honest, I love hearing back from all the people who joined this thread long ago and started planning for their trips way back when. It's nice to see these trips coming to fruition and finding out how they went after so much time has passed!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 12-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #3640
dalstitch45
DIS Veteran

OMG, last night the CP was amazing. Edward James Olmos was the narrator. I've seen him at WDW a few times. He does such an awesome job. I was talking to a couple of CM's before the 7:30 pm show with just general conversation near the Christmas tree. Right before the show started, I was the recipient of some of that "special magic" you are referring to Sherry. She took me right up front, three rows from where Mr. Olmos' podium was. Don't know if we are allowed to give the CM's name, but I would just like to thank her again. Going back tonight so I can watch the CP processional down Main Street.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #3641
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Sherry, thanks for your reply above, having trouble quoting you from my phone as I'm @ LAX, waiting for our flight home. All the rows of seats @ the CP had green or red paper flowers on the end. Most were green with about 3 rows of red behind them. As far as I could tell, the AP holders had on green wristbands. We weren't given wristbands, just went to a different lane, handed in the tickets & were shown to a seat. About 10 minutes before the show was to start, the ushers said anyone in the red seats could move up to any other open green seats if we wanted to. They then allowed those standing closest to the front to come into open seats also. So some of those standing the longest got seats too.

I am sorry you have never seen the show. I was truely amazed at the amount of people who performed. Easily 3 or 4 times the amount @ WDW. I hope you will get sprinkled with some pixie dust & get to see it. You certainly deserve it for all you do to help others plan magical trips!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #3642
HeyItsNickCA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfish96 View Post
I believe that I have seen some but I will check again tomorrow morning to make sure.

Edit: I didn't see any when I went through the stores, but, that doesn't mean that there aren't any in the park.

Last edited by HeyItsNickCA; 12-09-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #3643
Bex258
Earning My Ears

My photo pass plus arrived in the post today. Another reminder that my trip is getting close :D

I went back over all my notes and I don't have any on best times to do the holiday HM and IASW, during the day or at night/when its dark? I plan to do both. Most of the day is unplanned except the morning which is Fantasyland then Toon Town.

I think I'm getting to the point where I can't wait to go so I go back over every detail.
First visit to Disneyland Jan 2013

Old 12-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #3644
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

I'm already in planning mode for our trip next year. We are travelling from the 28.10.13 - approx 15.11.12. The primary reason for traveling around these dates is to catch the end of Halloween, but we are desperately hoping that we can catch some of the Christmas festivities that Disneyland has to offer. Looking at all these photo's is a reminder that this trip is actually happening and gets me thinking of all the amazing memories we will have made by this time next year!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #3645
PineapplePrincessCA
Mouseketeer

Sorry, I know this was mentioned before, but this thread is soooooooo long.

I'm just trying to find out where Santa is at the two parks. (not the hotels).

Elias and Company post in California Adventure

and

Jingle Jangle Jamboree in DL

?

Is this correct? Where are these located?

Thanks.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: