Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #1876
Meredisney
DIS Veteran

Location: "second STAR to the right, and straight on 'til morning"

Does anyone happen to know the December schedule for movies under the stars? I'm sure I missed in somewhere in this thread. Thanks!!

Future:
Disney Dream - 05/15/13

Completed:
Disney Dream Charity Preview Cruise - 01/21/11
Carnival Dream - 07/31/10
Disney Wonder - 11/05/09
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 03/30/09
Celebrity Solstice - 11/21/08 charter pre-inaugural 2 day cruise to nowhere
Disney Wonder - 11/01/07
Caribbean Princess - 9/24/05
Carnival Fascination - 11/08/04
Disney Magic - 03/27/04
Disney Wonder - 10/02/03
Disney Wonder - 5/16/02
Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #1877
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmg View Post
Thanks WDWKOOK! That's a great idea!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv View Post
Soon, soon! The weather looks HOT in the next coming days! Wasn't preparing for that at all! Have to re-evaluate what I'm bringing!! I had gloves, hats, thermals, etc. ready to go
You just never know in December in Central FL - when the sun sets it can get real chilly and some days can be as well. I'd skip the thermals though

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
A year from now I'll be ready to go...
Still hoping the Seven Dwarfs Mine will be open...
The Grand Opening of New Fantasyland was today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
Tomorrow it will be a year until our trip. We are staying at WL for the first part of a split stay in a courtyard view.
Only 6 months till ADR day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
Right now it's snowing here, has been for hours, it's cold and predicted to get really cold tonight. So it's good I can look at some nice pictures here and dream of sitting by the pool in the sun with a nice cool drink....

Hmmmmmmmmmm
Brrrr... Stay warm and think happy and warm Disney thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredisney View Post
Does anyone happen to know the December schedule for movies under the stars? I'm sure I missed in somewhere in this thread. Thanks!!
On the first page of the thread, post #1, I have a link to the most current calendar, however, the December calendar has not yet been publicly posted. Keep checking the link - the December calendar will hopefully be posted soon.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #1878
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Only 6 months till ADR day!.
Hopefully the MVMCP schedule will be out by then because we need that info to determine our schedule for the week to be able to book our ADRs. We can work things around the CP since it is every evening but the parties at MK are only on certain evenings and that is a big priority for us since our last trip was Thanksgiving Week 2011 when parties aren't held.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #1879
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Hopefully the MVMCP schedule will be out by then because we need that info to determine our schedule for the week to be able to book our ADRs. We can work things around the CP since it is every evening but the parties at MK are only on certain evenings and that is a big priority for us since our last trip was Thanksgiving Week 2011 when parties aren't held.
I think for the most part the party days are usually the same days of the week, so you may (me too!) be able to guess-timate when the party days will be. Obviously, it would be better to know for sure, but I think Disney is usually pretty consistent.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #1880
lsumommaof4
Earning My Ears

CL/Deluxe Room questions

A couple of questions for the Wikipedia Disney people:

Do the deluxe rooms have theme park views?

Are there high chairs available in the OFC area, or should I pack one?

Do most of the deluxe rooms have the connecting door in them? My husband hates these.

Can you bring the "wine" to go? My husband will be attending a seminar for some of the days and after bringing our 5 kids to the parks all day it would be nice to have some wine after the kids go to bed.

How far are the rooms from the OFC? I know they are not on the same floor so I am trying to see if it's going to be a journey to get there.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #1881
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Tomorrow it will be a year until our trip. We are staying at WL for the first part of a split stay in a courtyard view.

Were going the same time... I am planning my MVNCP off this years list, same days of the week, hope it will be the same... Waiting a whole year, it will drag by and the week there will fly by...

Old 12-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #1882
rachdd
Mouseketeer

For anyone at WL now... I am checking out today and would love to spread some Christmas cheer by giving away our Christmas tree. Let me know and we can meet up.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #1883
ejrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachdd View Post
For anyone at WL now... I am checking out today and would love to spread some Christmas cheer by giving away our Christmas tree. Let me know and we can meet up.
That is so sweet! We leave later today but don't check into WL until Monday. Too bad. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #1884
ejrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredisney View Post

Sun.  “Enchanted”—Rated PG
Mon.  “The Muppet Christmas Carol” —Rated G
Tues.  “The Santa Clause”—Rated PG
Wed. “Winnie the Pooh” (2011) —Rated G
Thurs.  “Brave”—Rated PG
Fri.  “Secret of the Wings”—Rated G
Sat.  “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” —Rated G

I received the current resort newsletter in my email the other day.

We are leaving (home) in just a few hours. Why is this the one day my kids are sleeping in??!!! I'm ridiculously excited right now!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #1885
rachdd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrj

That is so sweet! We leave later today but don't check into WL until Monday. Too bad. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!
If you would like, I could leave it with the bell desk with your name on it for when you check in. Just let me know.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #1886
Weluvdizney2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachdd

If you would like, I could leave it with the bell desk with your name on it for when you check in. Just let me know.
If you get the tree and would like to pass it on, I check in the 15th. :-)
Old 12-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #1887
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsumommaof4 View Post
A couple of questions for the Wikipedia Disney people:

Do the deluxe rooms have theme park views?

Are there high chairs available in the OFC area, or should I pack one?

Do most of the deluxe rooms have the connecting door in them? My husband hates these.

Can you bring the "wine" to go? My husband will be attending a seminar for some of the days and after bringing our 5 kids to the parks all day it would be nice to have some wine after the kids go to bed.

How far are the rooms from the OFC? I know they are not on the same floor so I am trying to see if it's going to be a journey to get there.
Technically, no WL rooms have TPV, but some of the higher Woods View rooms in the North Wing can have a view of the Castle, CR and Wishes. However, none of 25 Deluxe rooms have this view as they located at the ends of the wings so most have a Bay Lake View.

On the first page of this thread, there is a map showing the location of the Deluxe rooms and more specific Deluxe room location information HERE.

Yes, there are wooden high chairs available in the OFC so no need to bring one.

While you aren't permitted to take the wine bottle out of the food service area, you can take individual containers of beverages back to your room. You may take wine in glasses (just make sure to return the glasses to the lounge). I suppose you could also put some in the styrofoam cups they keep in the drawer.

ETA: According to the Deluxe Room comments on the first page from a previous WL thread, they seem to have a connecting door:

All of these rooms do offer a connecting option that would be a room with 2 queen beds or a room with one king bed that is either woods or courtyard view. Rooms X000 are the rooms in the North wing that are at the very end of the hall on the left corner, Contemporary side they are Lake/tree view, X003 are the 2 doors down on the right corner with a pool/lake/tree view rooms X123 are halfway down the south wing in the left corner overlooking the pool/lake/geyser. Room X166 is the room at the far end of the south wing on the left corner with a lake view and rooms X169 are 2 doors down on the right corner also with a lake view. Rooms 2123, 3123, 1166, 1169, 2166, and 2169 have dormer balconies.”

Quote:
That is so kind of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrj View Post
Did you take them up on their offer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrj View Post
Sun.  “Enchanted”—Rated PG
Mon.  “The Muppet Christmas Carol” —Rated G
Tues.  “The Santa Clause”—Rated PG
Wed. “Winnie the Pooh” (2011) —Rated G
Thurs.  “Brave”—Rated PG
Fri.  “Secret of the Wings”—Rated G
Sat.  “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” —Rated G

I received the current resort newsletter in my email the other day.

We are leaving (home) in just a few hours. Why is this the one day my kids are sleeping in??!!! I'm ridiculously excited right now!!!!
Thank you for posting the movies and I hope you have a great trip!

Quote:

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 12-08-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #1888
rachdd
Mouseketeer

Okay, first person to message me their name, I will leave it with the bell hop desk.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #1889
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Okay, first person to message me their name, I will leave it with the bell hop desk.
According to the Lodgers' Log, CaliKT arrives today. Maybe you could PM them?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #1890
shotinfilm
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachdd
I tried to PM you, but alas, I'm mostly a lurker and can't PM until I have more posts... :-(
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: