Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #16
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Girlfriend

Can you imagine the smell? Disney restrooms always smell rank and chemical like.
I'm getting all germaphobe twitchy on this concept. I would love to meet rapunzel, she's my favorite.... But not if it meant going into a bathroom to do so....
Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #17
tputorti
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tputorti View Post
It was confirmed in October by Imagineer Chris Beatty that there will be no M&G in the old Skyway area (New Tangled Bathrooms)

From the October 15, 2012 Live chat on the Disney Parks Blog with Imagineer Chris Beatty...

Jenn Fickley-Baker:
We've also received several questions about construction going on elsewhere in Fantasyland, in the area where the old Skyway attraction was. What can you tell us about this area?

Monday October 15, 2012 2:42 Jenn Fickley-Baker
2:45

Chris Beatty:
Not only have we looked at adding new guests experiences to the New Fantasyland, but we looked at opportunities to enhance guest comfort. Many of you are curious to know will there be a character meet-and-greet in this area, but at this moment there are no plans.
This area is mainly being constucted for two reasons:

1. Open up the walkway/path to allow for greater guest access between Liberty Square and Fantasyland.

This has long been a bottleneck area and with increased guest traffic expected because of New Fantasyland it is really needed at this time.

2. Increased bathroom capacity and relocation.

The bathrooms needed to be increased in size due to the amount of people visiting the area (current Peter Pan bathrooms are too small to accomidate increase guests). Also these bathrooms service Liberty Square as there are no bathrooms in Liberty Square because there were no bathrooms in colonial times. Further there was greater need for more handicapped bathroom space.

Further the bathrooms are being relocated to this area (which has been previous unused for years) to free up the space where the current bathroom is by Peter Pan to expand the queue there. It is rumored to be an interactive queue (like the Pooh ride is currently).

So that all being said, adding a meet and greet to this new bathroom area, especially one as popular as Rapunzel would not be good in this area. It would lead to increased bottlenecks to releave them.

Rapunzel willl probably meet along with other princess in the Princess Fairytale Hall when it opens in 2013.

As far as putting the her tower where the bathrooms are, it is just themeing. Just like the new bathrooms in Storybook Circus are themed very well, they have gone ahead and themed these new bathrooms and allowed for better visuals in the park.

Currently you don't meet Cinderrella at her castle (unless you eat there). Most meet her in Town Hall and in the future probably in Princess Fairytale Hall. Rapunzel no long lives in the tower as she has been freed/escaped from it. So she does not have to meet there.

The theme of the area should be really nice those. Plans I have seen on other sites show that there will be a waterfall and running streams and that there will be the sun emblem from Tangled on the ground in the courtyard area (similar to what Rapunzel painted on the ground in the movie).
tputorti is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #18
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
This area is mainly being constucted for two reasons:

1. Open up the walkway/path to allow for greater guest access between Liberty Square and Fantasyland.

This has long been a bottleneck area and with increased guest traffic expected because of New Fantasyland it is really needed at this time.

2. Increased bathroom capacity and relocation.

The bathrooms needed to be increased in size due to the amount of people visiting the area (current Peter Pan bathrooms are too small to accomidate increase guests). Also these bathrooms service Liberty Square as there are no bathrooms in Liberty Square because there were no bathrooms in colonial times. Further there was greater need for more handicapped bathroom space.

Further the bathrooms are being relocated to this area (which has been previous unused for years) to free up the space where the current bathroom is by Peter Pan to expand the queue there. It is rumored to be an interactive queue (like the Pooh ride is currently).

So that all being said, adding a meet and greet to this new bathroom area, especially one as popular as Rapunzel would not be good in this area. It would lead to increased bottlenecks to releave them.

The current bottleneck is caused by stroller parking.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

I just read the last 2 pages hoping to see a JUST KIDDING!!!

ErinsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #20
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

I get the idea behind themed restrooms, when they are themed to fit into an existing space. The Storybook Circus restrooms are themed to fit that area, as are the restrooms in Belle's Village. But it really doesn't make sense to create a NEW theme - especially one so elaborate - just for bathrooms. If all they wanted to do was add new restroom facilities, why not just theme generically to fit Fantasyland as a whole? If they wanted to do a specific theme, why not Small World, which they are right next to? I understand what Chris Beatty said and tuptorti's point about easing the bottleneck there, but the creation of a uniquely themed area just for restrooms doesn't make sense to me. Everyone will see the tower and assume that there is something Rapunzel-related to do there (M&G, attraction, restaurant, whatever) - just like OP's daughter did. And while I may not be the best judge of things like this, the newly constructed buildings seem too big to just house restrooms. Even a new snack kiosk would make more sense in that space than restrooms alone. Either Disney has something else up their sleeves, or they just spent a lot of money creating more questions for CMs to answer from confused guests.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest

Last edited by parkhopping; 12-06-2012 at 12:08 PM.
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #21
disbride11
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have any idea when the bathrooms are expected to be completed?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #22
cuchu2005
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbride11 View Post
Are you in such a hurry?

Sorry about the joke. It sounded like you were holding until bathroom completion!

Mx
Jul 1994 - WDW with Mom and Dad and Sister - Feb 1999 - WDW with DW to be - Mar 2000 - WDW with DW to be - Apr 2002 - Disneyland Paris with DW on Honeymoon - Jan 2008 - Discovered the Dis - Feb 2008 - WDW with DW and first DD (2) and on my Bday. - May 2009 - WDW with DW and first DD (3) - Sep 2010 - WDW with DW and DD (4) and DD (9mths) - Feb 2011 - WDW with DW and DD (5) and DD (1) - Nov 2011 - WDW with DW and DD (6) and DD (1) - Feb 2012 - DLR with DW and DD (6) and DD (2) - Feb 2013 - WDW with DW and DD (7) and DD (3)
cuchu2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #23
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Quote:
It was confirmed in October by Imagineer Chris Beatty that there will be no M&G in the old Skyway area (New Tangled Bathrooms)

From the October 15, 2012 Live chat on the Disney Parks Blog with Imagineer Chris Beatty...

Jenn Fickley-Baker:
We've also received several questions about construction going on elsewhere in Fantasyland, in the area where the old Skyway attraction was. What can you tell us about this area?

Monday October 15, 2012 2:42 Jenn Fickley-Baker
2:45

Chris Beatty:
Not only have we looked at adding new guests experiences to the New Fantasyland, but we looked at opportunities to enhance guest comfort. Many of you are curious to know will there be a character meet-and-greet in this area, but at this moment there are no plans.
While I agree that it's extremely unlikely to put a Rapunzel meet and greet there, you're quoting the same person who told Media that Beast would only be at Be Our Guest for the Blog Meet Up.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #24
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbride11 View Post
There have been no announcements by Disney, so your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate View Post
While I agree that it's extremely unlikely to put a Rapunzel meet and greet there, you're quoting the same person who told Media that Beast would only be at Be Our Guest for the Blog Meet Up.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #25
tputorti
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate View Post
Fair enough. Just passing along the info that is out there. However I agree that it is highly unlikely they would have a meet and great there.
tputorti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #26
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

I don't get the germaphobe thing in relation to (unlikely) meet and greets? IF there was a meet and greet, I don't imagine the princess would be sitting on the throne, so to speak (although a Snow White standing by the sinks reminding everyone to "wash up" is not a bad idea...). I imagine IF there was a m&g it would be in a nice room, separate from the loos by doors and maybe a hall. Avoiding the m&g because "it's a bathroom" (the reason why many people stop in) would be like refusing to buy a soda at a gas station because "it's a bathroom" (the reason why many people stop in)

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #27
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiancaBernard&Penny
I don't get the germaphobe thing in relation to (unlikely) meet and greets? IF there was a meet and greet, I don't imagine the princess would be sitting on the throne, so to speak (although a Snow White standing by the sinks reminding everyone to "wash up" is not a bad idea...). I imagine IF there was a m&g it would be in a nice room, separate from the loos by doors and maybe a hall. Avoiding the m&g because "it's a bathroom" (the reason why many people stop in) would be like refusing to buy a soda at a gas station because "it's a bathroom" (the reason why many people stop in)
If that was to my comment... I was picturing it IN the bathroom... Not in a side room or anything... Actually IN the bathroom cuz thats what i thought we were joking about.... Not that that would ever happen. I found it funny though gross.

ETAd sorry wow this sounds mean. I was just trying to clarify! Sorry! :

Last edited by bellanotte10; 12-07-2012 at 08:57 AM.
bellanotte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #28
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10

If that was to my comment... I was picturing it IN the bathroom... Not in a side room or anything... Actually IN the bathroom cuz thats what i thought we were joking about.... Not that that would ever happen. I found it funny though gross.
Nah. Multiple messages over multiple threads.
Princess and prince on the throne is kinda funny. Esp since I have used public potties many times in hoop skirts. I can just see it! And definitely the scolding Snow White.

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #29
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiancaBernard&Penny

Nah. Multiple messages over multiple threads.
Princess and prince on the throne is kinda funny. Esp since I have used public potties many times in hoop skirts. I can just see it! And definitely the scolding Snow White.
Aaah ok. Yeah I'm not usually a germaphobe... Just when I picture a meet and greet in a bathroom!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #30
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
Aaah ok. Yeah I'm not usually a germaphobe... Just when I picture a meet and greet in a bathroom!
I am also a M&G-in-a-bathroom-aphobe. Anywhere.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: