Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Finally got my own way - TR - 13.10.12

Saturday 13th October

Today was my birthday present from Tom – I had a choice of a variety of things but I chose the Keys to the Kingdom tour! Apart from being 10 minutes late (doh!), we quickly ordered lunch, grabbed our name badges and radios and joined the group!
I won’t give too much away as it’s definitely something you need to do if you have an interest in backstage secrets and the history of the park. If you do want any more information, please PM me, and I will spill all the secrets!!

I did take some photos, just onstage though!

Disney’s window on Main Street looks out to the Castle

Walt Disney at what he thought was the “perfect” height of 6ft3.

Tom proving a point – this building looks like real thatch, but it’s just shredded aluminium!

A blurry picture of our pin badge!

Our amazing tour guide, Rachel, and the Mayor.

Whilst on the tour, we heard some gossip in the Utilidors that New Fantasyland was open for a dress rehearsal. No one was sure how long for, so once we had finished our incredible tour, Tom and I raced over to have a sneak peek!

Get ready for photo over load!!

The queue for the Little Mermaid is amazingly detailed!

Going under the sea…

Continued...

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
newlittleminnie
DIS Veteran

Eeeeeee keys to the kingdom! Cannot wait to try this in 2014, that pin is awesome!

August 2012: Highlands Reserve ~ August 2013: High Grove ~
October 2013: DLRP Hotel Cheyenne
~ October 2014: WDW Art of Animation?

newlittleminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Next, we had to try out the famous LaFou’s brew from Gaston’s Tavern!

It’s actually really yummy… not as sweet as Butterbeer (from what I remember anyway), it’s mostly frozen apple juice, but it’s very refreshing!
We left New Fantasyland for the time being and head over to Frontierland to do Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain.

We then decided to take a cruise over to Tom Sawyers Island, but once we saw a snake (!), we decided to head back very quickly. Whilst waiting for the raft, we sat down at the drafts table. I had always thought the counters were glued down, but to my surprise they weren’t, so Tom and I had a quick game! We caught the attention of an elderly Chinese couple, and I ended up winning!

“I did win, and I’m not gonna let you forget it!”

We head round to the Tiki room next, which I’ve never done before. It was okay, but again, just another box ticked I think!

One of my favourite pictures!

A quick ride on Pirates, before heading to Epcot for our dinner reservation; Coral Reef. We ended up being 10 minutes late (again, what was wrong with us…) and we were seated almost immediately at the top of the restaurant. I know people request sitting by the tank, but actually we had a pretty good view from where we were. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that there were hardly any fish in view, because there were about 10 divers swimming by the tables. I would have been annoyed if sat by the tank to not see any fish!

Anyway, the atmosphere was lovely and relaxed, and dinner was really tasty. I had lobster pasta (or posh mac and cheese… haha!), and Tom had the Mahi mahi. And for pudding? The chocolate wave, which was delicious!

We left Coral Reef ready for some fireworks, so we thought we’d catch Illuminations, as it was only 5 to 9. We then realised that the fireworks didn’t start for another hour, so we decided to take a leisurely stroll out.

Finally found our Leave A Legacy!

An amazing day, with so much pixie dust.

Next – Hollywood Studios!

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Old 12-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlittleminnie View Post
Eeeeeee keys to the kingdom! Cannot wait to try this in 2014, that pin is awesome!
Hey, I didn't see you sneak in!

It is such an amazing tour, espeically for a couple of Disney nuts! If you think you know it all... you definately do not! I loved riding Haunted Mansion after our tour guide had given us a whole host of things to look for. I will never ride it in the same way again! Feel free to PM me (or FB me) if you wanna know some more! My parents think I'm crazy when I start coming out with random Disney facts I learnt!

And the pin is AWESOME!
Xxx

Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
newlittleminnie
DIS Veteran

I jumped in as soon as i saw a new update and didnt wait for the second half lol

I'm torn between wanting to hear all about KTTK and wanting it all to be a total surprise! Haha

Looks like you got a LOT done in one day, I think I'm hoping for our day to be something along those lines, KTTK in the morning and either Epcot or HS at night, seems like a good balance.

Xxx

August 2012: Highlands Reserve ~ August 2013: High Grove ~
October 2013: DLRP Hotel Cheyenne
~ October 2014: WDW Art of Animation?

newlittleminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #6
tinks_1989
need a like button

another great update. Love the idea of doing a tour. May be one day when we go with my mum and dad so some one can have our little monster for the day lol!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #7
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I've got that t-shirt its one of my favs.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
Nubbedy
I was born without a 'Hidden-Mickey-spotting' gene
ºoº

I love your T shirt too - it's understated Disney . What a great day, I would love to do KTTK one day, but it will have to wait until my boys are older. lucky you 'sneaking' into New Fantasyland. I'm looking forward to seeing it in August.

Sara My Disbuddy is kristieuk
Disney World - July 2006 (ASMo), Aug 2007 (ASMo), Apr 2008 (Pop), Aug 2009 (POFQ), Aug 2010 (POFQ), Oct 2011 (POFQ) Aug 2012 (POFQ) Aug 2013 (POFQ)
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2007 (NY), Oct 2008 (Ch), Feb 2010 (Ch), Feb 2011 (Ch), Aug 2011 (SL)
Feb 2012 (Ch) Dec 2012 (Ch) Feb 2013 (Ch) Feb 2014 (Ch)
Nubbedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlittleminnie
I jumped in as soon as i saw a new update and didnt wait for the second half lol

I'm torn between wanting to hear all about KTTK and wanting it all to be a total surprise! Haha

Looks like you got a LOT done in one day, I think I'm hoping for our day to be something along those lines, KTTK in the morning and either Epcot or HS at night, seems like a good balance.

Xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989
another great update. Love the idea of doing a tour. May be one day when we go with my mum and dad so some one can have our little monster for the day lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly
I've got that t-shirt its one of my favs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbedy
I love your T shirt too - it's understated Disney . What a great day, I would love to do KTTK one day, but it will have to wait until my boys are older. lucky you 'sneaking' into New Fantasyland. I'm looking forward to seeing it in August.
KTTK Tour was amazing, we're thinking about doing a different one next time! And being able to see new Fantasyland was pure luck, we never fet any pixie dust bur we felt so priveleged!

Oh and thanks re my top! X

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: