Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
princessjodiebo
Mouseketeer

We are home - highs and lows of our christmas trip

We are home after an absoloutely amazing 4 days

Highs

Hotel New York - from the moment we stepped in the foyer the kids were so happy - our room was right in the centre of the 4th floor overlooking the rink and the christmas tree and i entered to a thumper toy balloons and water wishing me a happy birthday

Little touches like the turndown service each night and all the staff made it so special i cannot fault it at all - Had my glowtini in the bar adn loved the jacuzzi spa after a long day walking

Characters were awesome although they werent as many as we saw in previous years the interaction was brilliant although my son was sad he couldnt find donald anywhere

Food was great we ate in annettes restaurant des stars and plaza gardens all had loads of choice hot food and great service

Christmas - It was beautiful our kids shut their eyes as we guided them into main street and their faces when they saw the decorations is one i will never forget

Hardly any queues the whole time we were there - DD did crushes coaster in 20 mins when it said half hour even buzz showed 25 mins yesterday but we were on and off in 20 !!!

Dreams - WOW that is all

Lows
The only real low was the journey home - i have never encountered train turbulence before but wow did we get it both barrels last night - we had standard premier and they couldnt even serve coffee or walk in a straight line at times - came off that train a rather nice shade of green

That genuinely was our only low - we had the occasional parade pusher but just stood our ground and that seemed to do the trick

The only thing now is when can i go back

princessjodiebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
tinks_1989
need a like button

Glad you had a good time

The christmas decorations are just amazing.

Such a shame about Donald we didn't get to meet Minnie on our trip they all seemed to be hiding. Apparently they were rotating at the Santa meet area but they didn't know who was there and when :/
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Welcome back. Thats a great set of highs. Pity about the journey home. And Donald playing hide and seek. We had trouble finding Stitch in November last year but when we did DS hugged him and was reluctant to let him go!
HNY sounded fantastic. Did you send an email before you went? We are there in a few weeks and its my DS's 4th birthday so i might see if DLP could sprinkle some fairy dust for him

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
princessjodiebo
Mouseketeer

i told them when i booked it was my birthday and they put a note in the reservation then my son mentioned it quite casually and unexpectedly at check in - when we went up to our room they said it was ready but hadnt been checked as we were before the 3pm check in time and there was nothing in the room but then we went to have a look around and when we came back everything was there - definately mention it - it doesnt hurt to ask

Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
princessjodiebo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Glad you had a good time

The christmas decorations are just amazing.

Such a shame about Donald we didn't get to meet Minnie on our trip they all seemed to be hiding. Apparently they were rotating at the Santa meet area but they didn't know who was there and when :/
We saw him once in cafe mickey but we werent eating in there to be honest we were quite lucky with other characters they got mickey ,minnie,pluto,goofy and max,duffy,santa goofy,chip and dale,cruella,wicked queen,baloo,king louis ,pinnochio,gepetto,tweedle dee and tweedle dum so i think he was happy

Old 12-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
MichyDLP
Earning My Ears

Welcome back! Good to hear you had a good trip. We managed to see Donald at DLH 4pm meet & greet on Sunday in traditional dress & in our hotel (Cheyenne) in his cowboy outfit on Monday. As for Minnie - we saw her in traditional dress at cafe mickey on sat & also at Steakhouse brunch on Sunday & she was under the Main st Xmas tree in her Xmas outfit during EMH on Sunday. We had trouble catching Jack Sparrow - seemed to keep missing him. Did anyone manage to meet him over the weekend. DD1 wanted to meet him - guess that's 1 to put on our to do list for next time! Lol
MichyDLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back, I love the HNY and really want to stay there again, hopefully next time I go I will get a good price

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: