Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
NPB
Mouseketeer

If I sell my shares...

... How quickly is my shareholders card deemed inactive?

I'm going up dlp in march & really want to use it then. On the card, the exp date is June 2014.
NPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Your card will be valid until it's expiry date.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
NPB
Mouseketeer

Thanks for that, I didn't realise.
NPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

As soon as you sell your shares you should inform the Shareholders Club and return your card as per the rules in the General Conditions of the Shareholders Club.

Quote:
General Conditions of the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Club
Effective October 1st, 2012

Loss of the Shareholders Club membership: termination - exclusion

When members no longer meet the general conditions of the Shareholders Club, they must inform the Shareholders Club as soon as possible. They then forfeit their Shareholders Club membership and cannot have access to the services and benefit from the advantages attached to the membership. They must return their membership card to the Shareholders Club as soon as possible.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjo View Post
As soon as you sell your shares you should inform the Shareholders Club and return your card as per the rules in the General Conditions of the Shareholders Club.
Without requesting proof of ownership at point of use they have no way of enforcing this.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #6
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Agree OK, it may be morally wrong but DLP have no way of knowing whether you still have the holding.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:04 AM   #7
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Abuse of the club rules is why photo ID is being introduced to the cards and the shareholding limit raised back to 100 shares. I've been told that it was going to be raised to a holding of 500 shares but they went back to the old rules of 100.

I understand that their backend systems are also being tightened up so they will know if shareholders sell their stock. Nominees dealing systems will soon be reporting on transactions back to the Euro Disney SCA Shareholders club database so in theory they will know who is still a member or not. Allot easier to do now that you need 100 shares.

So I'm guessing that they will introducing the swiping of cards at POS to interrogate the membership database to see if your still a valid member or not and so a Supervior or Manager will not have to authorise the discounts in the shops or resturants. Which will speed up things and reduce the amount of time it takes for your discount to be authorised.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #8
dlpSteve
If home is where the heart is then take me back to DLRP - I wanna go home!

It's about time they did this - I've witnessed shareholder cards being passed around so whole groups of people can get discounts, whilst only 1 is a shareholder. I know of people who also give the cards to friends when they go on holiday without them.

I also like the thought of having a photo card :D

Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 & 09/10 Hotel New York 11/12, 11/13
Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 & 05/12 Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite Off Site: 05/13, 11/13

dlpSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #9
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpSteve View Post
It's about time they did this - I've witnessed shareholder cards being passed around so whole groups of people can get discounts, whilst only 1 is a shareholder. I know of people who also give the cards to friends when they go on holiday without them.

I also like the thought of having a photo card :D
CM's should be asking for Photo ID when carrying out Shareholder discount transactions. Alot of Europeans carry photo ID as standard so it's not a problem when they are asked.

Both my wife and I are shareholders so we both have our own cards. Get's around the visit limit to Salon Mickey when we are there for one of out week long stays. And means we can go off and do our own shopping.

I agree it is about time everything was improved, the estimated fraud figures the Shareholders club gave to the WDC as part of the re-finance deal is scary reading.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjo View Post
I understand that their backend systems are also being tightened up so they will know if shareholders sell their stock. Nominees dealing systems will soon be reporting on transactions back to the Euro Disney SCA Shareholders club database so in theory they will know who is still a member or not. Allot easier to do now that you need 100 shares.
That's interesting, thank you. DH is going to transfer his shares over to me but he'd better wait until his membership's going to expire now we know this. I've been watching the price to buy the extra ones I need but want it to be nearer to €4 than €5!

I'm glad they're having photo ID on the cards too. Hopefully it will stop some of this abuse. The situation's never arisen but I must admit if I was with a close friend I would 'pay' for her items so that she could benefit from the discount. However it's totally wrong of people to abuse membership by lending their cards out in the manners you're describing, especially giving the card to someone to take to DLP when they haven't even gone themself!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris

Last edited by Ware Bears; 12-16-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: