Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #15
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Here we were, in Germany! We had skipped the booths in this area the previous day, if you remember, so that we could come back to them. I wasn't terribly hungry after lunch in Morocco....but ya know, it's a long walk from Morocco to Germany! Hundreds and hundreds of miles!

I noticed that Germany had a biergarten set up outside by the booth this year. When did they do this? I don't remember it in 2009 and I know it wasn't there when the festival was not going on this past January. It was cute!

It was not busy at all, festival speaking, so we grabbed some foodles and sat down at a table. Well, that's not exactly how it went. I grabbed food at the cheese booth and walked over to a standing table while Rey went to get something from the Germany booth. At some point, my stuff BLEW OFF the table, but I grabbed the food and just had to retrieve the plate? That was when I noticed that the wind had really picked up that day. Someone got up and THEN we sat down at the table! Here's what we munched on:
My cheese booth stuff and Rey's beer sampler...which I drank over half of!

Don't ask which ones I drank...just whichever ones he didn't like! I know for sure he drank the Octoberfest b/c he has gotten it every time we are there, he loves it.

Oh yes, I had Reisling as well, before drinking his beer!
The fondue was good, but the bread that went with it was just ok. The cheese samples were very good and strong...the way I like my cheese.

I had the apple streudal (sp? It's too early this morning, I guess) with vanilla sauce was good.

Rey had the brat and some other casserole thingie (it had meat so I couldn't try it! LOL) It's a good thing this isn't an official food review b/c I suck at remembering what things are called! He LOVED both! Naturally. It's Germany, they could feed him dogfood and he would love it.

We enjoyed the low crowds and sitting for a while and checked out the festival map to see what we had missed. I was determined to get the pumpkin mousse, but never did end up getting to it??? Must have been those drinks making me forget.

We walked toward the African outpost and stopped for a while b/c I was mesmorized by the guy who carves these...

I knew I had to have a giraffe! Perfect souvenir for our AKL Anniversary trip! I looked around the shop behind the carving area and found one. I admit, I felt bad for not buying one of HIS carved ones, but they were twice the price and the one I found in the shop was still made in Kenya but twice as big.

We kept walking, it was feeling a little chillier and the wind really was picking up, but I had a jacket and thought it was great weather. We passed up China and headed towards Norway.

Next up for Rey was Scandinavia! I was full at this point, so I just took pictures while he ordered.

He bought me champagne! I do believe he was trying to get me liquored up!

CHECK OUT how choppy the water is in the background (foreshadowing)
Rey had some meat thingies! No clue what they were, fish and something else???

It was good, what I had of it. I only had one sip, took this shot, and then the WIND BLEW IT OVER! Yep, all over the ground. It was also chilly in the shade at the table we were standing at! I do believe it was time to warm up...hmm...maybe with some tequila?!?!?

Up next...a romantic CAVE.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: