Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #91
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbard53 View Post
sigh..now everyone's going to be knitting on my next cruise!

I bet somewhere, there's a 20-something complaining about the 30-something who was wasting space in the adult only area reading a BOOK! *GASP*
I know a lot of 20 something knitters and readers I just have to train my nieces so we can start taking over the world.
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #92
Plaid Princess
Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon

I know a lot of 20 something knitters and readers I just have to train my nieces so we can start taking over the world.
Been knitting since I was 16. I learned at the yarn/liquor store near my school. :-p

And reading? Usually about 3 books at a time.

Plaid Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #93
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Princess View Post
Been knitting since I was 16. I learned at the yarn/liquor store near my school. :-p

It doesn't happen often, but I LOVE to just sit and knit and listen to an audio book. I'm also always reading one book and listening to another when I'm carpooling or doing errands or chores.

*YEAH* for so many knitters!

Jen
Old 12-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #94
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Princess

Pretty sure a yarn/liquor store would motivate me to knit, too! I wonder if there are any near me...
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #95
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Adding My Two Cents

For what it's worth.....

I'm coming from an older perspective. I'm 67... my husband is 70. We're definitely the grown-up kids Walt referred to. We love Disney! We took our first Disney cruise in November (along with our grown children and our two grandchildren) to the Bahamas, and will be taking another in August to Alaska and in March of 2014 to the Western Caribbean.

I'm going to sound like an old fuddy duddy, but "back in the day" there seemed to be more respect for rules. I can't imagine ever trying to sneak my children into a venue that was reserved for adults. If I didn't like the rule, I would have taken my children somewhere that didn't have the age restriction. I assume that those people who flout the age rule on the Disney cruises knew about the age-restricted areas before booking. If they weren't willing to abide by Disney's policy, why did they book the cruise at all?

My husband and I loved spending time with our grandchildren on the Dream...... splashing with them in the pool..... waving to them as they floated by in the AquaDuck..... having meals with them in the dining rooms...... enjoying soft serves several times a day (!)...... and sharing in the magic of the wonderful stage shows. It doesn't seem too much to ask that we be allowed to have a small area of the ship set aside for adults to unwind and share each other's company without children being present.

JMHO
Karen
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #96
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douvres Family

I understand and I agree. I've been taking my son to 5 star restaurants in NYC since he was 9yrs old...dates with mom. I figured the best way he would learn is through exposure. He is 15 yrs old and has better table manners and most adults I know and is not afraid to try anything. He really does enjoy the "finer cuisine" (and McD's...lol).

When DH and I dined at Palo we mentioned dishes our DS would enjoy...along with the atmosphere. HOWEVER, though we felt guilty...this time was about us...for us.
You may be able to understand how bothered I was as I was leaving to see a 15-16 yr old boy sitting in Palo dinning with his family. Apparently, exceptions are made!

I did not say anything AND I DO NOT want the policy for adult dinning to change.
Well, I think I would have said something to the Palo manager!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #97
Dawg91
Mouseketeer

I don't knit, but I still wanted to say that on the Dream, there were lots of quiet adult lounging areas inside and outside that had NO traffic if you looked for them. I found some of them just wandering around off the beaten path.

Our cabin was forward so we always used that elevator to access deck 11 with pools and food. I did think it odd that the adults only pool was in a high traffic area.
Dawg91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: