Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Ipod Hook-up For Recepetion... HELP

Okay so we are offically 4 days out from the wedding, and we are just now working on our music. We decided to go the Ipod hook-up route instead of paying for a DJ. And all the sudden I started freaking out on if it will work correctly. Jeff's family are all wedding DJ's and will have no problem using the microphone they provide to annouce and work the Ipod for us, but any of you brides in the past that have just used the Ipod hook-up for music... Did it work out okay? Does it charge while its playing? I will def be bringing the charger, but will it last the whole reception? (I have an Ipod and Iphone, but we used my Ipod and just wiped it out of any other music). Should I also put on my Iphone as a back up? I have made playlists for the different events that way, any one that picks it up should be able to figure it out as long as they know how to use an Ipod. My playlists are....

Pre-Reception - 45 mins (ours is shorter than an hour)
Announcements
1st Dance
Father Daugher Dance
Mother Son Dance - the above 15 mins
Dining Music - which will all Disney songs for background music - 1.5 hours
Cake Cutting - 15 mins
Dancing Music - 45 mins
Last Song

I just need someone to reassure that we made an okay decision.

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco PJ & Newly Started Trip Report!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)

Last edited by 2012DisneyWorldBride; 12-04-2012 at 10:05 PM.
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Yes! It will be fine! Having playlists like you do is the way to go. I would just suggest padding some of them—even if your pre-reception is less than an hour, you may want 15 minutes of extra music in case the iPod gets started early or things run long.

We asked Patrick's iPod-savvy cousin to switch the playlists for us, and I made him a little pocket-sized schedule that told him when to advance to the next list. I wanted to keep it really simple for him so he didn't have to divide his attention too much, so we didn't have a separate playlist for the cake cutting (and we skipped being announced all together cuz we arrived with our guests).

I dunno which model of iPod you have, but mine lasted for our 3-hour reception just fine. I wouldn't count on its being charged by Disney's cable though—they may use one that just runs from the headphone jack and not an actual iPhone adaptor. I can't remember which one our setup had. Putting your playlists on the iPhone as a backup sounds like a great idea.

It's going to be great!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I used the iPod dock at my wedding in October! It worked great. I used my iPhone and downloaded 'Wedding DJ' so I could have all my playlists ready to go and organized. I didn't have a problem. We never actually used the microphone but I know it was plugged in and worked. I didn't have a problem with my phone not charging, lasted the whole 5 hours. Just make sure you unlock it to give to someone when the reception starts. We were still taking pictures when there were needs to music. I still to this day have no idea how my iPhone got unlocked... hmmm... One tip, the kids at the wedding thought it was kids bop dance party time and wanted to keep changing songs, but I specifically designed (and listened to multiple times at work to get just right) the playlist, so I didn't want them finding some old Justin Bieber or whatever the kids are into today and playing that on loop so I just locked my iPhone again and they couldn't change the music (also applied to my mil...).
Old 12-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Thank you for your answer girls! You put my mind at ease. We packed up the car tonight and leave in the morning and the wedding is in 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco PJ & Newly Started Trip Report!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

I'm pretty sure the amp - or whatever it is - is just plugged into the ipod's headphone jack, so it doesn't charge it, however you could probably specify that it be placed close to a power point, and plug it in if you're worried it won't stay charged.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: