Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #481
islandtimect
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 1,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by w84no1 View Post
Did you have to ring up the 2 coupons in separate transactions? The fine print says limit 1 per guest and per transaction. Also I was able to print 3!
__________________
Marie
1st visit 1972
DVC member- AKL, BLT
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #482
islandtimect
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 1,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtimect

Did you have to ring up the 2 coupons in separate transactions? The fine print says limit 1 per guest and per transaction. Also I was able to print 3!
I was able to print and use 3 coupons on one transaction. Plus 5% off for red card and an extra $5 off $50 purchase = Awesome savings!
__________________
Marie
1st visit 1972
DVC member- AKL, BLT
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #483
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,517

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtimect View Post
I was able to print and use 3 coupons on one transaction. Plus 5% off for red card and an extra $5 off $50 purchase = Awesome savings!
Yep. Great deal. The 2nd $50 Disney Gift Card you buy ... give them the $10 Target Gift Card you got from the first transaction, then pay the $40 left over with your Target Card ... it will lower the price to $38, and you get another $10 Target Card. So this is a 24% off Disney deal. Slightly better than the 20% off deal at H-E-B last week.

The first $50 Disney card costs you $48. Each additional costs you $38, and you'll leave with a $10 Target Gift Card.
__________________
Disney Trips:
Disneyland: Jan '13 (VGC -- Trip Report), Aug '10 (Beach house), May '04 (Good Neighbor hotel), Sept '00 (Good Neighbor hotel), about a dozen times from 1985-89
WDW: Jan '11 (BWV), Oct '08 (CBR), Sept '07 (POFQ), May '99 (CSR), Mar '92 (CBR), June '82 (Offsite)
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #484
Angie789
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Yep. Great deal. The 2nd $50 Disney Gift Card you buy ... give them the $10 Target Gift Card you got from the first transaction, then pay the $40 left over with your Target Card ... it will lower the price to $38, and you get another $10 Target Card. So this is a 24% off Disney deal. Slightly better than the 20% off deal at H-E-B last week.

The first $50 Disney card costs you $48. Each additional costs you $38, and you'll leave with a $10 Target Gift Card.
Have you actually tried this? Because the coupon says "Free GiftCard not valid as payment for this purchase." I am interpreting that to mean you can't use one of these GCs in conjunction with this coupon and get a new $10 GC. Am I mistaken?
Angie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #485
leelee9878
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Freehold, NJ
Posts: 703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie789
Have you actually tried this? Because the coupon says "Free GiftCard not valid as payment for this purchase." I am interpreting that to mean you can't use one of these GCs in conjunction with this coupon and get a new $10 GC. Am I mistaken?
I believe they mean that you can't use the free gift card on the purchase in which you received it. Meaning you have to pay full price for the first transaction and then use the free card on the next transaction.
__________________
October 2008- Trip w/Josh (bought DVC!) CBR
December 2008- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
January 2009- 1st DVC Stay - SSR
March 2009- Suprise Parents at Disney - SSR
December 2009- Crazy Family Trip #1 AKV Kidani
May 2010- Disney Magic, 11 Night Med Cruise
September 2010- Last Minute Birthday Surprise BWV & BLT
November 2010- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
December 2010- Crazy Family Trip#2 BCV
November 2011- Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise & SSR
December 2011 - Last Min Trip - OKW
January 2012 - Hawaii - Aulani!!!
leelee9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #486
eyes4eeyore
Mouseketeer
 
eyes4eeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 105

PP said that you can only use 2 forms of payment. Does that mean that I can't use a bunch of Disney Gift Cards to purchase tickets?
__________________
1987
1996
2010 Grand Floridian/Beach Club
2013 Beach Club

My Happy Place? The Beach Club!!
eyes4eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #487
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ma
Posts: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes4eeyore
PP said that you can only use 2 forms of payment. Does that mean that I can't use a bunch of Disney Gift Cards to purchase tickets?
I believe pp was referring to an annual pass. You most definitely can use multiple gift cards to purchase tickets if purchasing from Disney
__________________
GoofyMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #488
maria's_mommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 84

What about can you use multiple target gift cards in one transaction? If I do this 10 times and get 10 $10 target gift cards can I use them in one transaction to buy $100 of disney gift cards?
maria's_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #489
nefritz
Mouseketeer
 
nefritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria's_mommy
What about can you use multiple target gift cards in one transaction? If I do this 10 times and get 10 $10 target gift cards can I use them in one transaction to buy $100 of disney gift cards?
Yes! It's just like using your own credit card or cash
nefritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #490
maria's_mommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 84

[QUOTE=nefritz;46872520]Yes! It's just like using your own credit card or cash
Oh good, thanks
maria's_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #491
MrBean
Runnin' Dopey
 
MrBean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria's_mommy
What about can you use multiple target gift cards in one transaction? If I do this 10 times and get 10 $10 target gift cards can I use them in one transaction to buy $100 of disney gift cards?
You could, but you'd miss out on 2 more gift cards. Use 2 more coupons, pay with 5 gift cards you just got in 2 transactions, and get 2 more $10 gift cards!
MrBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #492
fflmaster
DIS Veteran
 
fflmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 791

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
You could, but you'd miss out on 2 more gift cards. Use 2 more coupons, pay with 5 gift cards you just got in 2 transactions, and get 2 more $10 gift cards!
Is there a limit to how many gift cards you can get.

Would like to get about 800 worth.

what would be the best way to get this amount?
__________________



_____________________________________________
fflmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #493
Golf4food
Mouseketeer
Male pirate last time I checked... yep, still male
Tazicket will always be my sexy penguin
 
Golf4food's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 161 miles from the TTC
Posts: 8,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post
Is there a limit to how many gift cards you can get.

Would like to get about 800 worth.

what would be the best way to get this amount?
We are getting $1,000 worth. We got three yesterday - my wife got one, I got one at Electronics and I got one up front in the main check out lines. Three cards for $48 each plus $30 in gift cards back. We have 17 more to buy over the next two days before the coupon expires. I have at least three Targets within about a 5 mile radius of our house. I plan to go get two or three from each and rotate until I get all I need. Not sure they'd let me buy multiple and use multiple coupons in a single transaction (though someone else evidently was able to do so?).
__________________
Mar '14 - Offsite; Nov '13 - Offiste; Sept '13-Offsite; Apr '13-POFQ; Jan '13-POR; Dec '12-POFQ:Baby's First WDW Trip; March '11-Offiste; Nov/Dec '10-AKL/CSR; May '10-POR Pre-Dining Review-Dining Report; September '09-ASMu & DxDP Dining Report; December '08-POR; September '08-ASM; June '07-One day surprise park hopping extravaganza for DW; December '06-CBR; March '05-CBR; Many visits as a child

Golf4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #494
islandtimect
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 1,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster

Is there a limit to how many gift cards you can get.

Would like to get about 800 worth.

what would be the best way to get this amount?
I was only able to print out 3 $10 gift card coupons. Others could only print out 2. I'll try again today and see if I can print more. And yes I used 3 $10 coupons in one transaction!
__________________
Marie
1st visit 1972
DVC member- AKL, BLT
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #495
MrBean
Runnin' Dopey
 
MrBean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster

Is there a limit to how many gift cards you can get.

Would like to get about 800 worth.

what would be the best way to get this amount?
The only limit is one per transaction. My DW and I picked up 12 apiece yesterday. Just went up to the register and told them each Disney card was a separate transaction. My DW was even kind enough to pre-pair the Disney cards and coupons before she bought hers. The guy at the register joked that these even helped his average checkout time (guess that's something they track).

Good luck, I'm off to pick up even more today. Can't beat this deal!
MrBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: