Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Tickets upgrades

I was thinking of buying the buy 2 get 1 free tickets. (for spring break if relavent)

2.5 questions
1) I am not sure about park hoppers, we have never been to either and are thinking we don't need this. Can I add this if on the 3rd day I decide I need it? if so is it just the difference it is now which is about 50-60$ for all 3 of us?

2) can I upgrade to an AP, if I love it, and what value for the ticket would I get? at DW you get actual 3 day ticket price even if you paid a drop less... but maybe this is different it is US. IOA.

2.5 .. should I just get the park hopper/AP? we will be in DW for the 1st 7 nights and then 3 nights in US resort. we are AP DW holders/DVC and Epcot addicts. .. and will be back in OCt, and in Dec 2013. will we love it if we love DW? I won't decide until we get there if we will be back to IOA/US or just DW it will be based on how much we love it there compared to BB and AK ect. As IOA/US take away days from AK/HS/ and WPs.

If important .. we have been to DW so many times we know nearly everything there is to know, and there is 4 in our party for the 1st time 2 AD, 1 DD* and 1DD 0

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdana View Post
I was thinking of buying the buy 2 get 1 free tickets. (for spring break if relavent)

2.5 questions
1) I am not sure about park hoppers, we have never been to either and are thinking we don't need this. Can I add this if on the 3rd day I decide I need it? if so is it just the difference it is now which is about 50-60$ for all 3 of us?

2) can I upgrade to an AP, if I love it, and what value for the ticket would I get? at DW you get actual 3 day ticket price even if you paid a drop less... but maybe this is different it is US. IOA.

2.5 .. should I just get the park hopper/AP? we will be in DW for the 1st 7 nights and then 3 nights in US resort. we are AP DW holders/DVC and Epcot addicts. .. and will be back in OCt, and in Dec 2013. will we love it if we love DW? I won't decide until we get there if we will be back to IOA/US or just DW it will be based on how much we love it there compared to BB and AK ect. As IOA/US take away days from AK/HS/ and WPs.

If important .. we have been to DW so many times we know nearly everything there is to know, and there is 4 in our party for the 1st time 2 AD, 1 DD* and 1DD 0
if you decide to upgrade the pass to park to park ones, do so on the first day.
when you upgrade a pass, all the tickets on it will be upgraded also.

you pay the same amount if you upgrade your tickets to park to park on day 1, 2 or last day.

if you have ticket passes and want to upgrade to the AP, you would pay the difference from what you originally paid for the multiday pass to the cost of the AP

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
if you decide to upgrade the pass to park to park ones, do so on the first day.
when you upgrade a pass, all the tickets on it will be upgraded also.

you pay the same amount if you upgrade your tickets to park to park on day 1, 2 or last day.

if you have ticket passes and want to upgrade to the AP, you would pay the difference from what you originally paid for the multiday pass to the cost of the AP
ty

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: